Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNoobyPotato)
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with their culture - there's just a minority of 'these type of monsters' as you find in any society.

/thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Slightly unrelated but there is definitely something wrong, sickening even, with India's caste system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Slightly unrelated but there is definitely something wrong, sickening even, with India's caste system.
    Indeed it is inhumane and racist and it is actually related since a lot of rapes happen to those of lower caste who aren't treated as equal humans and are fair game.

ReputationRep:
    I read this as GAN GRAPE. But yeah, it's more common there than it is here.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell? So your judging all the Indians in the world just because some Indians rape a girl...it happens in every country..in every religion...in every culture.
    Ok so I'm presuming your English and so am I..just a thought:

Approximately 85,000 women are raped on average in England and Wales every year
    Over 400,000 women are sexually assaulted each year
    1 in 5 women (aged 16 - 59) has experienced some form of sexual violence since the age of 16.

And before you say it's fake..it's from the uk ministry of justice:
    http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk/Statistics2.php

So in this case English people are disgusting - which they are not (js)
    you get sick and mental people in every country...before accusing other races maybe look at our own race
    and btw after the first huge gang rape case many were reported after and half of them were fake..basically dumped girlfriends taking revenge which is just eww
    And and in the nirbhaya's rape case...of of shame one of the rapists committed sucicide...one of the other guys parents said they should be hanged..THINK ABOUT IT

A MOTHER AND FATHER ARE ASKING FOR THEIR SONS TO BE HANGED
    atleast they have some decency
    the amount of anger I'm feeling for you know I wkshbdhuwbheddwdchiwdcihbedchube dihbiybbuyb
    from now on KEEP YOUR THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Some random guy)
    It happens a lot more in India. You'd have to be a deluded fool not to believe it. Our society is much more open about rape.
    Please reply when you produce any sort of evidence or statistics, until then you are clearly the deluded one. Have you ever been to India to study the culture in depth? Or are you making assumptions based on a article you have read in the Daily Mail. 'It happens a lot more in India' clearly doesn't suffice to anything but how narrow minded you are.

ReputationRep:
    Lol this can easily be explained because the vast majority of rapes are not reported in India, not taken seriously and not investigated thoroughly due to the misogynistic culture.
    It's funny you mention that because alot of people would say the same about Britain as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellochem)
    What the hell? So your judging all the Indians in the world just because some Indians rape a girl...it happens in every country..in every religion...in every culture.
    Ok so I'm presuming your English and so am I..just a thought:

Approximately 85,000 women are raped on average in England and Wales every year
    Over 400,000 women are sexually assaulted each year
    1 in 5 women (aged 16 - 59) has experienced some form of sexual violence since the age of 16.

And before you say it's fake..it's from the uk ministry of justice:
    http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk/Statistics2.php

So in this case English people are disgusting - which they are not (js)
    you get sick and mental people in every country...before accusing other races maybe look at our own race
    and btw after the first huge gang rape case many were reported after and half of them were fake..basically dumped girlfriends taking revenge which is just eww
    And and in the nirbhaya's rape case...of of shame one of the rapists committed sucicide...one of the other guys parents said they should be hanged..THINK ABOUT IT

A MOTHER AND FATHER ARE ASKING FOR THEIR SONS TO BE HANGED
    atleast they have some decency
    the amount of anger I'm feeling for you know I wkshbdhuwbheddwdchiwdcihbedchube dihbiybbuyb
    from now on KEEP YOUR THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF
    Ridiculous sensationalist post. I made no comment on race. This is about culture. And I will continue to speak out against injustice.

ReputationRep:
    It happens a lot more in India. You'd have to be a deluded fool not to believe it. Our society is much more open about rape.
    ur the one who is deluded. rapes which are not reported is jus as prevelant in u.k as it is there. and the ratio of rapes in comparison to the overall population is 10 times more in the u.k then it is there.

its a joke u saying "our" society is more open since u wudnt know how open it is or not.

ReputationRep:
    decolonize they said, everything would be better off they said...

ffs liberals explain yourselves

ReputationRep:
    January 2013, the Ministry of Justice (MoJ), Office for National Statistics (ONS) and Home Office released its first ever joint Official Statistics bulletin on sexual violence, entitled An Overview of Sexual Offending in England and Wales.

• Approximately 85,000 women are raped on average in England and Wales every year
    • Over 400,000 women are sexually assaulted each year
    • 1 in 5 women (aged 16 - 59) has experienced some form of sexual violence since the age of 16.

to " some random guy" if your so disgusted about rape on principal then ul have no problem talking and saying how disgusted you are at these figures from ur own government. and if you dont then u wud be showing every here what a hypocrit you are, aswel as a closeted racist who only wants to talk bout rape in india, despite rape been of a high rate in the u.k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slade p)
    ur the one who is deluded. rapes which are not reported is jus as prevelant in u.k as it is there. and the ratio of rapes in comparison to the overall population is 10 times more in the u.k then it is there.

its a joke u saying "our" society is more open since u wudnt know how open it is or not.
    Sources for your bullcrap?

ReputationRep:
    Terrible, that country has some of the most backward males. Indian men alone fuel the sex industry profits.

They even make me shifty. Some are nice, but overly desperate. This news is really changing my opinion on them altogether.

ReputationRep:
    I concede that the caste system in India is sickening. However, equivalents in Europe etc do exist. Discrimination based on strata of society is a common phenomenon.

ReputationRep:
    Sources for your bullcrap?
    the source was posted above your post.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise India isnt the only country to experience gang rape right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    You do realise India isnt the only country to experience gang rape right?
    Typical blame shifting tactics to divert attention from the very real problem of rape in India.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slade p)
    the source was posted above your post.
    That says nothing about the number of rapes in India or your comment that there are as many unreported rapes in both countries or your comment that the UK has 10 times as many rapes to the population (what a joke). Keep lying.

ReputationRep:
    Typical blame shifting tactics to divert attention from the very real problem of rape in India.
    You need to learn to read sunshine i didnt blame anyone. I just pointed out you laughable singling out of a country when it occurs regularly on a daily basis the world over... NOT JUST INDIA. Dont be so narrow minded. Why dont you start ranting about the systematic rape gangs in countries like Congo, somalia etc. etc.

ReputationRep:
    The caste system is being swiftly torn down in all large urban areas and its trying to be implemented in other areas of the nation. The fact you call oit sickening is mildlyoffensive though, who are you to judge another culture?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    You need to learn to read sunshine i didnt blame anyone. I just pointed out you laughable singling out of a country when it occurs regularly on a daily basis the world over... NOT JUST INDIA. Dont be so narrow minded. Why dont you start ranting about the systematic rape gangs in countries like Congo, somalia etc. etc.
    You're doing exactly what I said, letting India off the hook and shifting attention to other countries you despicable man. This thread is about the rape that occurred to the poor Swiss woman as her husband was made to watch and the general shocking state of rapers running riot in India. If you feel strongly about rape gangs in Somalia, do make a thread about it with sources and I will show my support.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.