Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    The caste system has allowed for the subjugation of a group of people for no good reason. If it were impermissible to judge another culture than apartheid in South Africa would still exist.
    So what? we've had these exact system since time immemorial, theyre not going away ever... its an unpleasant truth butfor lack of a better phrasing some people are better than others or atleast lucky enough to have been born that was. lets take the class system in the USA, the similar caste systems in many other asian countries, the class system in many european countries... theyre no different the fact you single out one which i doubt you have any understanding of and slam is grossly culturally insensitive, im notsaying their caste system is good but you still have no right to judge,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    So what? we've had these exact system since time immemorial, theyre not going away ever... its an unpleasant truth butfor lack of a better phrasing some people are better than others or atleast lucky enough to have been born that was. lets take the class system in the USA, the similar caste systems in many other asian countries, the class system in many european countries... theyre no different the fact you single out one which i doubt you have any understanding of and slam is grossly culturally insensitive, im notsaying their caste system is good but you still have no right to judge,
    Why the hell aren't I allowed to judge? I have my view on the caste system and you have yours. There is no reason why I shouldn't give my views on something I find deplorable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Why the hell aren't I allowed to judge? I have my view on the caste system and you have yours. There is no reason why I shouldn't give my views on something I find deplorable.
    I didn't say you shouldn't, I said its hypocritical singling there's out considering every country more or less on earth has one.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.