Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently making the choice for my firm at uni. I have the following offers-
    University of Essex- PPE (BA)
    University of Birmingham- Philosophy (BA)
    University of Birmingham- European Politics, Society and Economics (BSc)
    Anglia Ruskin University- Philosophy (BA)
    Plymouth University- Economics and Politics (BSc)

I want to go to Birmingham, so I'm going to pick one of those two courses as my firm.

What would you pick? What are the specific merits of studying each subject area.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously it should come down to which course you prefer, would you rather spend 3 years studying philosophy or Politics and Economics?
    However, the European Politics, Society and Economics would likely give you much better career prospects at the end of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spam1859)
    Obviously it should come down to which course you prefer, would you rather spend 3 years studying philosophy or Politics and Economics?
    However, the European Politics, Society and Economics would likely give you much better career prospects at the end of it.
    I know this sounds stupid, but I really cannot choose what I like more!.. what would you go for?

ReputationRep:
    Me? I'd go for the economics and politics. But you really don't want to be judging yourself on that. Ask yourself these questions.
    Have you studied any of these subjects at A level? Which ones do you enjoy and why?
    Are you good at maths? Often economics degrees at uni contain more maths than people would expect. If you've not done a level maths, you may want to look over it and see how hard it would be to you.
    Are you willing to study logic as part of a philosophy course?
    What is your purpose of uni? Do you just want to have fun? Do you want a career at the end? If so, what career?

Just some things to think about.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.