Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Mars One looking for people to travel, live out their life and die on Mars. Watch

• View Poll Results: Where do you stand?
    Sign me up
    38.79%
    Earth 4 lyf
    61.21%

ReputationRep:
    It'd be interesting in the sense that it would be like living from scratch. Even with the training, you'd still have to think out of the box like inventors have done to make living there actually worthwhile. Tribal tendencies could come out, even a new set of beliefs....

But that's not for me thanks. I'm adventurous but not that adventurous. If there was a ticket back I might have taken up the offer.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Isn't the Gravity on Mars not hugely different from Earth?

Doubtful The bill would be enormous. It's a hell of a price to pay to access TSR from Mars.
    It's about 40% of Earth gravity, you can walk around but you'll be a bit bouncy.

Perhaps they could create a Mars internet with their own H+R section.. 'Low gravity affecting my penis. HELP!!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    It's about 40% of Earth gravity, you can walk around but you'll be a bit bouncy.
    I can see my career as a long jump athlete doing well there.,

Perhaps they could create a Mars internet with their own H+R section.. 'Low gravity affecting my penis. HELP!!'
    That and "I accidentally ejected the navigator into space after my wife found out I was having an affair with her. Should we go to couples counseling?"

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't make sense...if you can get people to Mars in some sort of spaceship Im presuming, then why can't you bring them back?

ReputationRep:
    I'd be tempted if it was to a planet in another star system. Mars just doesn't have much appeal to me.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would definitely do this - if only for my great curiosity. It would be a completely different experience, like nothing you would experience on Earth.

How on Earth do I sign up?!! :woo:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    I can see my career as a long jump athlete doing well there.,

That and "I accidentally ejected the navigator into space after my wife found out I was having an affair with her. Should we go to couples counseling?"
    You could hold a Mars Olympics or start a business advertising Mars as a giant bouncy castle.

Perhaps.. "Developing an attraction for red men, Mars has ruined me for other men".

(Original post by LeonVII)
    Doesn't make sense...if you can get people to Mars in some sort of spaceship Im presuming, then why can't you bring them back?
    The primary costs of these ventures are getting off the planet, it's actually pretty cheap to fly around in space. Thus by not coming back you halve your primary cost.

ReputationRep:
    Sign me up.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.