The Student Room Group

Is the US a safe place to live?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
As a Canadian I find the view on Canada here pretty funny. Sure it's small and cold but it's only cold in the winter. It gets up to 40 degrees where I live in the summer and a lot of places in southern Canada, which is where most of the population lives.
I'm actually concerned about living in the UK because I think I'll be cold!

As for it being boring, well yeah it is if you live in a small town and like nightlife (though Vancouver and Toronto are pretty high on that stuff). However if you like snowboarding, hiking, things like that, it's quite a great place.

Not safe enough to leave your doors unlocked though, even in the smallest towns most people won't do that. We have crime too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
As with any country it depends where you go and what you do... If you go walking in the ghettos of la or Detroit late at night you're probably going to run into trouble otherwise I'm certain you'll lead a nice in shot up life. After all if it was so bad why would people flock there?
Reply 22
no of course US is not safe you're likely to get bombed by the Al-Qaeda:eek:

sarcasm at its worst, but are we really discussing this?
Reply 23
No, it isn't.
Original post by shandak
As a Canadian I find the view on Canada here pretty funny. Sure it's small and cold but it's only cold in the winter. It gets up to 40 degrees where I live in the summer and a lot of places in southern Canada, which is where most of the population lives.
I'm actually concerned about living in the UK because I think I'll be cold!

As for it being boring, well yeah it is if you live in a small town and like nightlife (though Vancouver and Toronto are pretty high on that stuff). However if you like snowboarding, hiking, things like that, it's quite a great place.

Not safe enough to leave your doors unlocked though, even in the smallest towns most people won't do that. We have crime too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to live in Canada, don't worry, we don't all disregard the land of cinnamon toast!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending