The Student Room Group

Contract with EE (24 months) ending in may... do I need to give them 30 days notice?

So if I don't want to renew with EE, and have already seen the contract I want with another network, what do I have to do for EE?

I went into store and they said I need to ring someone, but I can't possibly wait the 2hrs they say in the queue when I ring 150.

Does anyone have any advice? Do I need to do anything to let my contract finish when it is due? I don't want them rolling me onto something else!
Cheers
Reply 1
Any advice please?
Reply 2
If you let the contract period pass, you'll stay on the same plan until you make the choice to end it. The contract is still in place; the only difference is you won't be charged a fee to end it.

If EE is anything like T-Mobile was a couple of years ago, they'll require 30 days notice. IIRC TM charged me pro-rata for the incomplete month, which was good.

You may be able to cancel via post, but in general, yes, it's customer services so you get the whole retentions/cross-selling/etc deal. Callcentres are usually busiest just after they open, during lunch and in the evening, so avoid those if you can.
Original post by caseyhayes
So if I don't want to renew with EE, and have already seen the contract I want with another network, what do I have to do for EE?

I went into store and they said I need to ring someone, but I can't possibly wait the 2hrs they say in the queue when I ring 150.

Does anyone have any advice? Do I need to do anything to let my contract finish when it is due? I don't want them rolling me onto something else!
Cheers

If you just mean customer services on Orange (EE is only the 4G network. It's still known as either T-Mobile or Orange), I phoned them the other week. They said I'd be in the queue for an hour. It was about 10 minutes.
Reply 4
Sorry yeah, it was Orange. I just called 150 then there wasn't exactly an advertised option to "give notice to end your contract" so I wasn't sure what to do, and just tried a few different menu options til I was told to wait 3 hours.

So if I don't manage it in time, will they start another 24 month contract?
Original post by caseyhayes
Sorry yeah, it was Orange. I just called 150 then there wasn't exactly an advertised option to "give notice to end your contract" so I wasn't sure what to do, and just tried a few different menu options til I was told to wait 3 hours.

So if I don't manage it in time, will they start another 24 month contract?

No. You'll only be on a contract where you need to give 30 days notice to cancel it. They won't start you on a new contract without making you sign for anything. So the cost and minutes etc will remain the same until you give a months notice. You don't need to end it on a certain date if it's coming to the end. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by timmy-scott
No. You'll only be on a contract where you need to give 30 days notice to cancel it. They won't start you on a new contract without making you sign for anything. So the cost and minutes etc will remain the same until you give a months notice. You don't need to end it on a certain date if it's coming to the end. :smile:

Ah thank you... presumably they will try and call me at some point soon as my contract date ends anyway to try and sell me stuff??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending