Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

FILM & SOUND STUDENTS! Sound recordist/boom op needed for student shoot 23/24 March! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

I'm an Art Foundation (Film) student at London College of Communication (part of UAL). Me and my group are currently doing our Final Major Project, a 10-minute horror film about kids and the marshes in Leyton and Walthamstow.

We are looking for someone with at least a basic understanding of audio to help us capture the sound on our shoot. The soundtrack will form an important part of the film in helping to provide atmosphere and mood. Sound designers/composers have already been commissioned to provide a score/sound collage, but the dialogue and location sound need to be well-recorded as well.

We will be shooting THIS WEEKEND, on 23rd & 24th March, on Leyton Marsh in north-east London. The Saturday will be an evening shoot. We'll be able to provide equipment, though if you prefer you can of course use your own.

This would be particularly interesting for film students thinking of going into sound or sound engineering students looking to broaden out into films, and would provide additional material for a portfolio.

If you think you could help and are free on either or both of the above days, please let me know.

Thanks!

Steven

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.