Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat as me?
    I applied for the History and politics course at UWE, got accepted, and recently got told it was no longer available.
    I was really disappointed as it was going to be my first choice.
    Just wondering if anyone here had the same happen, and if so, what are your plans now?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same has happened to me It was going to be my insurance though, so your probably more annoyed than me. I just don't understand why they have discontinued the course this late in the application process > I'm going to apply somewhere else instead, although its really stressing me out trying to find where. What are your plans??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    As a current politics and IR student I can say that they were going to cut the whole politics area but politics and ir managed to move department so are saved but history didn't

Im not sure if it is still available as a single honours though

Politics is - history might be

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The History single honours course is still available, I've switched my application to that, but it certainly isnt my firm any more.
    I'm in debate about weather to keep it as my insurance, I love the uni, but those are some heavy cuts to make, I'm seriousy questioning the quality the course will be now
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 15 Jaffa Cakes)
    The History single honours course is still available, I've switched my application to that, but it certainly isnt my firm any more.
    I'm in debate about weather to keep it as my insurance, I love the uni, but those are some heavy cuts to make, I'm seriousy questioning the quality the course will be now
    Just to point out it had nothing to do with the quality of the course (from the Vice-Chancellor himself) - it was only to do with numbers.

The only reason why the joint isnt available is that: Politics and IR are moving departments (to be saved, it was the head of the current dept that said we should be cut) and history isnt moving
    At the start everything was going to be cut and now nothing is - it is just being changed

imagine how i felt - half way through the first year you get told your course may eb cut

ReputationRep:
    Just to point out it had nothing to do with the quality of the course (from the Vice-Chancellor himself) - it was only to do with numbers.

Thanks for the reassurance
    It must have been awful for you. I think I'm going to email some of the professers about the changes and the modules available for the straight history, but I can hardly justify it as a first choice anymore when the course I wanted is gone. It's a shame, because I really love the look of the uni and it's location couldnt be more perfect for me.
    But these things happen I suppose.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 15 Jaffa Cakes)
    Thanks for the reassurance
    It must have been awful for you. I think I'm going to email some of the professers about the changes and the modules available for the straight history, but I can hardly justify it as a first choice anymore when the course I wanted is gone. It's a shame, because I really love the look of the uni and it's location couldnt be more perfect for me.
    But these things happen I suppose.
    Yeah it does suck but hope what you end up doing works out

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.