Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

In love with someone I can't have Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goodbye)
    Hi,
    I mean by the writing of your language in your thread, well I am just going to wish you Good Luck and if you find someone remember this post!
    You can tell that I'm going to find someone by my writing? :lolwut:

Weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    You can tell that I'm going to find someone by my writing? :lolwut:

Weird.
    Hi,
    I mean by the way you are moaning/complaining about not been able to find someone.
    I'm sure you have the ability to make friends with people and then take it from there.

It just sounds so patronising when people say that and im sure other single people will agree. There is not someone for everyone, thats just a delusion, and if you have the burden of being unattractive you lose. It's Darwin.
    Not necessarily - the majority of people would say personality is far more important. The partner of this guy on Reddit is a case in point.

Here's a photo of him before he lost loads of weight (and she still said yes!):

Redditor

ReputationRep:
    What have you got against single people anyway? some of them are quite happy.
    Nothing at all. I'm actually single, and extremely happy. I don't want a committed relationship, and I satisfy my sexual needs with a FwB.

But you seem unhappy from your first post, and I'm giving you a suggestion to how to be happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tortious)
    Not necessarily - the majority of people would say personality is far more important. The partner of this guy on Reddit is a case in point.

Here's a photo of him before he lost loads of weight (and she still said yes!):

Redditor
    That's wonderful but the first thing you notice about someone is their looks not their "personality". That always comes second.

That's wonderful but the first thing you notice about someone is their looks not their "personality". That always comes second.
    Yeah, but looks aren't a dealbreaker if you're willing to get out of your comfort zone and talk to someone. You can't draw any conclusions about his "type" based on his dating history (I like to think I have a "type" but it's rarely accurate in practice!), so you've got nothing to lose, particularly if he "doesn't know you exist" as you seem to think. Just go for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mother_Russia)
    Nothing at all. I'm actually single, and extremely happy. I don't want a committed relationship, and I satisfy my sexual needs with a FwB.

But you seem unhappy from your first post, and I'm giving you a suggestion to how to be happy.
    well you seem to be implying that all singletons are elderly people with cats.

someone i know suggested we should become FWB, initially i said no but it's sort of understood that the next time we see each other we might do it. i dont really want to but meh. he's the only person whose ever shown any interest and hes nice enough.

ReputationRep:
    ell you seem to be implying that all singletons are elderly people with cats.

someone i know suggested we should become FWB, initially i said no but it's sort of understood that the next time we see each other we might do it. i dont really want to but meh. he's the only person whose ever shown any interest and hes nice enough.
    When?! I'm a singleton. I'm not elderly. And I only have one cat :P

Be careful. If you don't want to have sex, don't do it. And it takes a certain type of person to maintain a FwB relationship. One of you might develop feelings for each other.

ReputationRep:
    When?! I'm a singleton. I'm not elderly. And I only have one cat :P

Be careful. If you don't want to have sex, don't do it. And it takes a certain type of person to maintain a FwB relationship. One of you might develop feelings for each other.
    well it might sort of work out, weve known each other forever so i think its possible. i dont think i could have feelings for him though.

ReputationRep:
    just get out more with friends- meet new people, do new things
    imo, someone will find you, you don't need to be actively finding other people.
    enjoy life while you can!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clemeh)
    just get out more with friends- meet new people, do new things
    imo, someone will find you, you don't need to be actively finding other people.
    enjoy life while you can!
    and how does that work?

it only happens in disney films.

ReputationRep:
    well it might sort of work out, weve known each other forever so i think its possible. i dont think i could have feelings for him though.
    Sex changes everything :P

ReputationRep:
    Sex changes everything :P
    does that always have to be the case? are you in love with your FWB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    1 - What is love?
    Baby don't hurt me

ReputationRep:
    and how does that work?

it only happens in disney films.
    you meet new people- for example meet guys
    the guy you meet becomes a good friend with you, you begin to take things steady.
    etc. etc.

and no, it doesn't happen in disney films. what happens in disney films is that you fall in love with the first person.
    obviously you're not going to have a "Happy ending" with the first person you meet, that's why you gotta get out there and start the dating process now! and while doing so, enjoy your life! go clubbing, take up a group hobby.
    you could meet anybody anywhere. think happy thoughts!

ReputationRep:
    does that always have to be the case? are you in love with your FWB?
    Nope. For personal reasons, I've been unable to develop an emotional attachment for any guy. When I meet a guy, I automatically See him as friend or sex. It's an awful way of looking at things, but we're not talking about me.

If I developed feelings for my FwB, I'd end it straight away.

By the way, there's a level of feelings between friends and love!

ReputationRep:
    I know you can't possibly know what I look like but I had to laugh at that.

The type of women he's dated...well I couldn't possibly compete with that.
    Oh thats a shame. But he might wanta change and go for personality instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clemeh)
    you meet new people- for example meet guys
    the guy you meet becomes a good friend with you, you begin to take things steady.
    etc. etc.

and no, it doesn't happen in disney films. what happens in disney films is that you fall in love with the first person.
    obviously you're not going to have a "Happy ending" with the first person you meet, that's why you gotta get out there and start the dating process now! and while doing so, enjoy your life! go clubbing, take up a group hobby.
    you could meet anybody anywhere. think happy thoughts!
    in your previous post you said that you don't actually have to actively seek to find someone.

anyway i tend to find most men actually quite unattractive, no offence.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. For personal reasons, I've been unable to develop an emotional attachment for any guy. When I meet a guy, I automatically See him as friend or sex. It's an awful way of looking at things, but we're not talking about me.

If I developed feelings for my FwB, I'd end it straight away.

By the way, there's a level of feelings between friends and love!
    I feel that way sometimes. When I meet guys in real life they're just so unapppealing. When I have, eh, "fallen in love" it's always with the ones who are unattainable.

ReputationRep:
    in your previous post you said that you don't actually have to actively seek to find someone.

anyway i tend to find most men actually quite unattractive, no offence.
    exactly, you don't.
    you just meet people for friends and see where it goes from there
    trust me, you'll find someone

ps. no offence taken. likewise for women (hence me being gay)

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.