Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

what is this 'getting people' thing? Watch

i moved to Paisley a few months ago and in my new friendship group it seems like everyone is 'getting'(having sex with) someone but they're not in a relationship and they discuss it so casually. We're all 17-20 year olds and it seems like they have sex for weeks first then decide whether to be in a relationship or not, i don't understand

Where i'm from, u're only expected to have sex in a relationship and i'm just a bit confused, is this the way it's done here? do i join this sex before relationship thing?

bump

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's pretty normal in alot of places. I would just go with the flow, doesn't mean anything negative (just be safe!).

ReputationRep:
    Its pretty normal but you should do whatever you want to do, not what you think you should be doing. If you dont want to have sex before a relationship then dont

(Original post by flit)
    Yeah that's pretty normal in alot of places. I would just go with the flow, doesn't mean anything negative (just be safe!).
    aww ok, what do u do if they decide they don't want to go out with u and have basically just used u for sex for ages? how ppl deal with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i moved to Paisley a few months ago and in my new friendship group it seems like everyone is 'getting'(having sex with) someone but they're not in a relationship and they discuss it so casually. We're all 17-20 year olds and it seems like they have sex for weeks first then decide whether to be in a relationship or not, i don't understand

Where i'm from, u're only expected to have sex in a relationship and i'm just a bit confused, is this the way it's done here? do i join this sex before relationship thing?
    The being used for sex thing works two ways! You're both using each other for sex, unless you don't enjoy it and are just trying to get close, in which case I would say, try to initiate a relationship sooner rather than later, that way you know whether you're wasting your time, and can move on to someone who is decent in bed

bump

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.