Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    theres this guy in our year who got
    a few A's but mostly B' and C's at GCSE
    got CDD for his AS level

this year he begged to the teachers to predict him ABB

And yet managed to get an offer for maths and computer science at
    IMPERIAL!!!!!
    the usual offer Imperial give for this course is AAA yet for him they have given BBB!!!

how unfair is this...plus he does do any sports,debating, YE, DOE, community etc. Ive known him for 5 to 6 years now and he dossed about all his school years (and almost got suspended once!!) yet now he only has to get BBB to go to a world famous uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by termint3)
    got CDD for his AS level

IMPERIAL!!!!!
    the usual offer Imperial give for this course is AAA yet for him they have given BBB!!!

how unfair is this...plus he does do any sports,debating, YE, DOE, community etc. Ive known him for 5 to 6 years now and he dossed about all his school years (and almost got suspended once!!) yet now he only has to get BBB to go to a world famous uni
    life is like this, good for him by the way

ReputationRep:
    and no he is not ********ting
    and hes no whiz at doing interviews (even if he was from typical offer of AAA to BBB offer when considering his GCSE / AS grades)

also he goes to a private school (and no he is not working class)

ReputationRep:
    lol...if he got CDD then it doesn't sound like he is gonna make even BBB.

ReputationRep:
    don't worry, if he is as you say then it will do him no good. Dnt be jealous, he'l end up with a third

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    don't worry, if he is as you say then it will do him no good. Dnt be jealous, he'l end up with a third
    ? rude

ReputationRep:
    Well he's a lucky dude. But don't worry about it. If he flunks at Imperial, then he'll have wasted a year. If he does well, then you know that he deserved the chance to go to a good uni. Entry to a uni isnt the be all and end all because there's so much life after that.

But I do understand exactly how you feel.

xoxo

ReputationRep:
    get over it for **** sake, are you gunna rant about this on every forum?

ReputationRep:
    the admissions tutors must have thought he was worthy of a place.

ReputationRep:
    got CDD for his AS level

IMPERIAL!!!!!

Does anyone else feel as if they have to take a bow to this guy?!This is amazing ****,it honestly is!Are you sure he's not pulling your leg?It just proves studying your life away is not necessarily gonna get you where you wana be.I know this girl at my 6th form who got 8A*s and 4A's at GCSE and will definitely get 4A's this year but she has not had one offer. She is waiting on her last uni.This uni stuff is just so unpredictable.

Sukh.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who was predicted BBC who got an offer of AAB for Biochem at Imperial. She obviously didn't meet the grades, but why the hell did they give her that offer in the first place??? Really stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Only BBB?! I didn't get that but thought it was quite good.

ReputationRep:
    got CDD for his AS level

IMPERIAL!!!!!

Sounds like he is pulling your leg but even if he isn't, if he is getting that at AS, I don't see how he can pull up his grades by that much. I mean maybe one grade on each fair enough, but that would only give him BCC. Anyways if he is a major dosser, he won't survive the first year and get kicked out haha, what a waste of money for him.

ReputationRep:
    With the amount of work this guy's doing he probably won't even get BBB? Unless he's actually quite clever and is just lazy. In that case he's a lucky *******.

ReputationRep:
    no hes not ********ting about getting an offer
    he showed me the ucas tracking website

ReputationRep:
    termint3 i can understand how u might feel
    if u worked hard for ur uni place and some guy simply gets a offer
    by just dossing bout and not even getting the right grades (GCSE and AS)

im more curious about why imperial actaully gave the offer.
    dont say "future potential" cos with weak (CDD?) grades like it it not a good foundtion for future sucess and potential

Also i thought to do a demanding subject like comp sci (esp at IMperial) u needed to really good at maths ...and this guy got a C or D at AS! ??

something fishy here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammy123)
    termint3 i can understand how u might feel
    if u worked hard for ur uni place and some guy simply gets a offer
    by just dossing bout and not even getting the right grades (GCSE and AS)

im more curious about why imperial actaully gave the offer.
    dont say "future potential" cos with weak (CDD?) grades like it it not a good foundtion for future sucess and potential

Also i thought to do a demanding subject like comp sci (esp at IMperial) u needed to really good at maths ...and this guy got a C or D at AS! ??

something fishy here
    yeah and you need maths for the course, the highest grade he has at AS is a C, so let's assume that that is maths, how could you survive the course if you're getting a C at AS, unless you have a really good excuse. I mean seriously... the course is very maths intensive....

ReputationRep:
    do u reckon he had some inside contacts?

ReputationRep:
    got CDD for his AS level

IMPERIAL!!!!!

You are a fu**ing blok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    got CDD for his AS level

IMPERIAL!!!!!

Well good luck to him...I know someone who got rejected from LSE BSc Economics with 5 A's at AS (Predicted AAA AA). She also had v.good GCSE grades. just shows its not all about what u been predicted.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.