Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Could she have been trying to chat him up? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I went out to a party with my new boyfriend last night and there's some girl who kept chatting to him about music etc, they seemed to have loads in common music wise.

I wasn't too bothered by that, but then later on they made a bet and he lost but apparently the winner was to buy the loser a shot, so she bought him a shot.

I'm taking it for granted that she wasn't chatting him up because generally girls aren't interested in him as he's not a badboy. He's a bit too serious about life in general and somewhat introverted. However, he's very successful in his career and good long term prospect, he's marriage material.

But could she have been chatting him up?

ReputationRep:
    She probably was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yeah maybe because she didnt know he had a girlfriend

ReputationRep:
    No. there is probably a flirty undercurrent but nothing will come of it most likely. And honestly buying others shots at a party is nothing. Honestly it sounds like he could use the attention if your reaction was you took it for granted no-one would be interested in him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    She probably was.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In that case, what a *****.

I told him that she seemed really fond of him, but he thinks it was all innocent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    In that case, what a *****.

I told him that she seemed really fond of him, but he thinks it was all innocent
    Agreed, if she knew he had a girlfriend. But if she wasn't aware you can't blame her too much. I wouldn't dwell on it though, your boyfriend seemed oblivious so it's not that big a deal

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Probably, was it obvious that he wasn't single?

Just because he's not the type that generally attracts loads of girls doesn't mean anything. All girls have different types, your boyfriend may have happened to be her type.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sereni)
    No. there is probably a flirty undercurrent but nothing will come of it most likely. And honestly buying others shots at a party is nothing. Honestly it sounds like he could use the attention if your reaction was you took it for granted no-one would be interested in him
    Yeah, I'm kind of chuffed that he got attention. He told me he's not interested in her when I told him that she seemed fond of him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    Agreed, if she knew he had a girlfriend. But if she wasn't aware you can't blame her too much. I wouldn't dwell on it though, your boyfriend seemed oblivious so it's not that big a deal

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, she knows that we are together.

Part of me even wondered whether its all a game to her, a challenge to see if she can have him

ReputationRep:

Part of me even wondered whether its all a game to her, a challenge to see if she can have him
    Yeah then she's a *****, if she tries it again I'd make it clear he's very much yours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So what if she was?

As long as you trust your boyfriend whats the big deal? She might want to ride him til the cows come home but if you trust him, you'll know that he'll do the right thing and go home with you.

ReputationRep:

Or maybe she was just being friendly... you know just making conversation after all it was a party. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lexi99)
    So what if she was?

As long as you trust your boyfriend whats the big deal? She might want to ride him til the cows come home but if you trust him, you'll know that he'll do the right thing and go home with you.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reissekm)
    Or maybe she was just being friendly... you know just making conversation after all it was a party. :rolleyes:
    Yeah, that too.

Which is why I'm asking what people think. It might be me getting the wrong end of the stick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reissekm)
    This.

(Original post by Lexi99)
    So what if she was?

Yeah, I trust him. Was just curious

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.