Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Reading Festival 2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    I asked my parents about this, and my dad rang his friend who goes every year and he told him he shouldn't let me go! I'm gutted, but I'm not going to stop trying! My friends and I have written a list of reasons/things to do, whatever you want to call it;
    • Take a look on the website at the first timers section/personal safety
    • There's thousands and thousands of security
    • The group that went last year were 16 and it was their first time, they will be 17/18 now, so they know what they're doing/can tell us what to expect and do before we get there and they had no trouble last year they were there!
    • There will be a group of 10 of us, always together
    • I'll have my phone on 24/7, ring when they want, on the hour every hour if I must!
    • Talk to someone else's parents
    • People take their kids! I'm older so I'll be fine!
    • We're all responsible, mature and sensible, we'll always be looking after each other, and you trust me.
    • We wanted to do this for the experience, atmosphere and music! This will be the last thing we do before we go to different colleges and to celebrate our results
    • My friends' parents are fine with it, they came up with a compromise so why can't we do the same?
    • If you're worried about us getting in trouble, don't! There are so many people the likelihood of us running into it is slim!
    • I'm going to pay for EVERY SINGLE BIT of it
    • The acts that are going are amazing, and aren't likely to all be at the same festival like this again.

This is the list we came up with, were 16, going with 17/18 year olds, everyone elses parent's are fine with it, it's just mine, so I need to know if you think this will work, or if you have any more ideas! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I went last year having just turned 17 and am going again this year.. Both times with my friends in the year above.. Tbh I didn't even stay with my friends the whole time, we made other friends aswell and went off with them. People are all there for the music and atmosphere so it's unlikely for anything bad to happen just be careful of where you leave things. There are places to charge your phone so there's no need to worry about running out of battery..
    You'll be perfectly safe there as long as you look after yourself.. And don't end up in the welfare tent.. Being under 18 you can't drink in the arena unless you get people to buy you a drink and down it quickly before someone notices that you're not wearing the 18 wristband.. But as far as the campsite goes,, you can bring in as much as you want.. But be careful because sometimes they do check bags for drugs and alcohol on the way in so it can be confiscated..
    Hope this helps you and hope you manage to get there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really want to go to reading this year but a lot of the people I'm going with are only concerned with seeing Eminem. I wanted to know how long each headliner performs for so we know that it'd be worth it for them too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Each headliner is about 1 and a half to 2 hours.. But there are other stages such as NME which go on through the headliner so you don't have to see eminem.. Or you can just get out of the arena and go to the silent disco if you don't want to see them you don't have to go

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.