Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    hi,

i'd just like to know what the deadline is for 2013 applicants? i want to visit my universities first (open days near half term) and then make my ucas choice and thereafter apply for my student finance. is this too late? will i still be able to get my money etc everything done in time? does anyone know the deadline or if this is a bad idea? helpppppp.

ReputationRep:
    I think the deadline to ensure you get your money by the start of your first year is May 31st. If it's late it doesn't matter, you just won't get it straight away.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lailay)
    hi,

i'd just like to know what the deadline is for 2013 applicants? i want to visit my universities first (open days near half term) and then make my ucas choice and thereafter apply for my student finance. is this too late? will i still be able to get my money etc everything done in time? does anyone know the deadline or if this is a bad idea? helpppppp.
    Deadline for new students is May 28th.

You need to apply ASAP for funding, as there will be all sorts of problems. It doesn't matter which uni you put down on your application, as you can change it pretty simply once you know where you're going to be studying.

ReputationRep:
    Student finance is the end of May, but bear in mind the UCAS deadline was 2 months ago! You can still apply now, but Universities don't have to consider your application and can automatically reject you if they wish - these upcoming open days are mainly for people applying next year.

ReputationRep:
    With the Student Finance deadline:

If you have submitted your application, but it's not been approved, will it bcome void after the deadline?

So like, does your application have to be approved byt the 31st or just submitted?

ReputationRep:
    your payments will just be late if you submit it late.

ReputationRep:
    So does anyone know for definite when the Student Finance deadline is?
    And what if i haven't go my accommodation address yet, can i still submit my application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizzieLou)
    So does anyone know for definite when the Student Finance deadline is?
    And what if i haven't go my accommodation address yet, can i still submit my application?
    You can submit your application. I think I just put my home address or 'away from home'... And you can change it later. I won't know what accommodation I'm in til August!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so does the application for student finance to be in by the end of may it does it have to be approved by the end of may? Cus I have to wait for my NHS to be approved to send to then as part of my evidence, but that could take a couple of weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralliband1)
    Hey guys, so does the application for student finance to be in by the end of may it does it have to be approved by the end of may? Cus I have to wait for my NHS to be approved to send to then as part of my evidence, but that could take a couple of weeks
    ditto this.

Paranoid because I only filled it in yesterday and have to send my passport off!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.