Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Whats your Music taste!? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So just wanted to know what the music taste was on here and how much variety we have! So it be helpful if you could post,

Favourite song:

Favourite Band/Artist:

Favourite Genre:

Favourite music video:

First gig/concert attended:

Mine is

Favourite song: Me & Mr Jones- Amy Winehouse

Favourite Band/Artist: The View

Favourite Genre: Indie Rock

Favourite Music Video: Disco 2000-Pulp

First Gig/Concert attended: Blue

ReputationRep:
    Oh this is fun! Except I can't pick one favourite, it changes constantly.

Favourite song: currently Bad Bad Love by Alexander

Favourite Band/Artist: Muse, Arctic Monkeys, the Black Keys, the Smiths, fiN...

Favourite music video: err...

First gig/concert attended: I live in a country where real concerts don't happen so my first was only just a few months ago. I went all the way to Prague to see Muse. First concert I remember, though, was at a local festival. It was Europe haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maibrit)
    Oh this is fun! Except I can't pick one favourite, it changes constantly.

Favourite song: currently Bad Bad Love by Alexander

Favourite Band/Artist: Muse, Arctic Monkeys, the Black Keys, the Smiths, fiN...

Favourite music video: err...

First gig/concert attended: I live in a country where real concerts don't happen so my first was only just a few months ago. I went all the way to Prague to see Muse. First concert I remember, though, was at a local festival. It was Europe haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I like a lot of them bands/artists too! Not too keen on muse though unfortunately but I imagine they are really good live. I have seen them on tv do some live stuff and the atmosphere looked brilliant

ReputationRep:
    ummmm.

Favourite song: Dance - Nas/Slide Away - Oasis.

Favourite Band/Artist: Mobb Deep, Nas, Tupac or Oasis. Don't make me choose.

Favourite Genre: Don't really have a favourite.

Favourite music video: Not sure. haha.

First gig/concert attended: Chipmunk and a bunch of other people came to our School (can't remember for the life of me who they were). So. That was technically my first concert. haha. That was in year 9, so 5 years ago. :P

ReputationRep:
    Favourite song: Happiness is a Warm Gun

Favourite band: The Beatles/Arctic Monkeys

Favourite genre: Rock and roll

Favourite video: R U Mine?

First gig: Kaiser Chiefs

ReputationRep:
    At the mo-
    Favourite song: Boomerang by nicole/ drinking from the bottle/ hey porche/ i could be the one

Favourite Band/Artist: Bastille/Taylor swift

Favourite Genre: not sure

Favourite music video: not sure. nicole boomerang vid is cool

ReputationRep:
    Favourite song: Vox Populi - 30 seconds to Mars

Favourite Band/Artist: 30 seconds to Mars/ Imagine Dragons/ Hans Zimmer

Favourite Genre: Indie Rock/ Orchestral

Favourite music video: don't really have one

First gig/concert attended: Bombay Bicycle Club

[SIZE=1]Posted from TSR Mobile[/S

ReputationRep:
    Favourite song: Solange (Beyonce's sister) - Losing You

Favourite Band/Artist:

Artist - Solange, Kelis (Ok other than Milkshake, her material is really creative) MIA

Band - RHCP :love: Or Nirvana. Found a new appreciaton for rock recently When I was younger it used to be the Sugababes Me and my friends used to play this game in primary school that one of us was Keisha, the other Mutya and I was Heidi :lol: but then all the member changes made them gradually get worse

Favourite Genre: RnB and Rock

Favourite music video: ummm, not sure

First gig/concert attended: A summer show in Germany with my sister. I was around 10 years old :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Favourite song: Changes all the time, I'll cheat and say any of the tracks off "Heroes" the David Bowie album as that is my favourite album

Favourite Band/Artist: Band changes a lot, any of Pink Floyd, Joy Division, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath or The Velvet Underground. Favourite artist is David Bowie by a long way

Favourite Genre: Wouldn't say I have one, Rock mainly but that's broad. At the moment I really like Krautrock

Favourite music video: Hardly watch them. I've been watching Ashes to Ashes a lot recently though.

First gig/concert attended: No idea
    Done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trails)
    ummmm.

Favourite song: Dance - Nas/Slide Away - Oasis.

Favourite Band/Artist: Mobb Deep, Nas, Tupac or Oasis. Don't make me choose.

Favourite Genre: Don't really have a favourite.

Favourite music video: Not sure. haha.

First gig/concert attended: Chipmunk and a bunch of other people came to our School (can't remember for the life of me who they were). So. That was technically my first concert. haha. That was in year 9, so 5 years ago. :P
    what kind of 18/19 girl has mobb deep as they're favourie artist and oasis in the same list, crazy.

ReputationRep:
    Favourite song: Long Live the Queen (Frank Turner)

Favourite Band/Artist: InMe or Fightstar, can't choose

Favourite Genre: Rock/Punk

Favourite music video: Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden) creepy, and at the same time makes no sense.

First gig/concert attended: My dad took me to Latitude when I was about 13, first gig I went to was seeing InMe at The Garage in Islington, hardly knew any of the songs at the time (I only got asked at the last minute because my mate had broken up with his girlfriend, who he was going to go with originally,) but was still awesome, probably why I like the band so much.

ReputationRep:
    This is all gonna be current cause like most people, my favourites change all the time.

Favourite song: Jakwob - Fade (ft. Maiday)

Favourite Bands/Artists: Miguel, Disclosure, Kendrick Lamar, Biffy Clyro, Mike G, J-Louis, Childish Gambino

Favourite Genres: Rap, Liquid DnB, Chillstep, Garage

Favourite Music Video: Right now... Started from the Bottom - Drake :/

First Gig/Concert attended: Professor Green... Look it was very close to home, only £5 and I don't regret hearing 'Jungle' for the first time. Attempted to see High Contrast before that but had to leave before his set.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    This is all gonna be current cause like most people, my favourites change all the time.

Favourite song: Jakwob - Fade (ft. Maiday)

Favourite Bands/Artists: Miguel, Disclosure, Kendrick Lamar, Biffy Clyro, Mike G, J-Louis, Childish Gambino

Favourite Genres: Rap, Liquid DnB, Chillstep

Favourite Music Video: Right now... Started from the Bottom - Drake :/

First Gig/Concert attended: J. Cole I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not a rap kind of guy but the music video to childish gambino's freaks and geeks gets me so hyped, recommend anything else similar with a catchy beat and decent lyrics?

Favourite song: (currently) Craft Spells - Your Tomb

Favourite bands/artists: the specials, the enemy, arctic monkeys, the drums, King Charles, little comets etc

My first gig was A-Ha that my dad took me to see when I was 6, they're his favourite band don't judge

ReputationRep:
    Favourite song: Point/Counterpoint - Streetlight Manifesto

Favourite Band/Artist: Frank Turner

Favourite Genre: Folk Rock or Ska Punk :cute:

Favourite music video: I think I liked Move Along by All American Rejects - he had a lot of good shirts

First gig/concert attended: KT Tunstall in Manchester - she was actually quite good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJL1)
    I'm not a rap kind of guy but the music video to childish gambino's freaks and geeks gets me so hyped, recommend anything else similar with a catchy beat and decent lyrics?

Favourite song: (currently) Craft Spells - Your Tomb

Favourite bands/artists: the specials, the enemy, arctic monkeys, the drums, King Charles, little comets etc

My first gig was A-Ha that my dad took me to see when I was 6, they're his favourite band don't judge
    A-ha is a decent first gig if you ask me As for Childish Gambino, freaks and geeks is so typical of him... He's got to have some of the whittiest lyrics around atm. Try, Heartbeat, American Royalty, Black faces, Sunrise, Shoulda known maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbows!)
    I like a lot of them bands/artists too! Not too keen on muse though unfortunately but I imagine they are really good live. I have seen them on tv do some live stuff and the atmosphere looked brilliant
    Oh yeah, they're excellent live. The first time I saw them was at a festival in 2010 and I think the crowd had a moment during KoC haha, the atmosphere was great. I've been listening to them less and less lately, been busy getting to know all the new additions in my library.

I just realised I completely forgot to mention the Beatles!

ReputationRep:
    Favourite song (of all time): The Notorious B.I.G. - Juicy

Favourite Band/Artist: The Notorious B.I.G.

Favourite Genre: Various

Favourite music video: The Prodigy - Smack My B*tch Up

First gig/concert attended: Some unsigned bands metal gig in a pub cellar when I was about 13. Ahh, nostalgic, illegal fun times...

ReputationRep:
    For all the music fans in you. Check out Alice Barlow (Rae Wilson from Hollyoaks) singing here

ReputationRep:
    Favourite song: Deadmau5 - Some Chords

Favourite Band/Artist: Avenged Sevenfold

Favourite Genre: Metal/Electro (I like both equally as much

Favourite music video: any by Tool (always weird lol)

First gig/concert attended: 30 seconds to mars (didnt realy go to gigs beforehand)

ReputationRep:
    My last fm page is in my signature, so a more accurate representation.

Favourite song: Dark fortress - like a somnambulist in daylight's fire

Favourite Band/Artist: The Gathering. Specifically the albums they made with Anneke Van Giersbergen and Silje Wergeland as vocalist. Not that I dislike the ones with Bart Smits or Niels Duffhies, they just aren't anywhere near as good

Favourite Genre: not sure to be honest. But my favourite ones are metal (including a lot of it's sub genres), ambient, shoegaze, rock and grindcore.

Favourite music video: Don't really watch many music videos. I tend to like all the Tool music videos a lot though, despite the fact I don't really like their music. In terms of live videos there's this which I really like (I'm not going to choose between my favourite The Gathering or Anneke Van Giersbergen videos): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU6TDgqFXbc

First gig/concert attended: Dragonforce at London Astoria, 14/12/2006. Firewind and All that Remains (eurgh) as support.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.