Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for student finance to start a course next year.

The finance application form asks for an address for where you will be living in term time. I haven't applied for accomodation on my course yet but even after I apply I won't hear where I'm living until after results day. The finance forms says just to use your home address and come back and fill in your term time accomadation when you know it.

I put my home address in but this meant it didn't give me the (maintenance) loan for London which is a bit more than it would be, so if I come back and change the address at a later date will it change the amount I receive?

Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    Also, do medical students need to apply for NHS funding from year 1? I thought you only get funding for your fifth year but I read somewhere you get an additional £1000 or something and wondered how you applied for that?

ReputationRep:
    we are in the same boat, I am also going to london uni but I live up north, I tried to put in an address of a halls I am applying to (south kensington) and for some reason it still said my maintenance was £5k. We are entitled to £7.5k

Also, how on earth do you apply for a grant.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.