Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...e-8605311.html

Luiz said he was smiling after the Rafael foul because a United fan called him Sideshow Bob

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billybo_h)
    I said I believed it was a conspiracy - I certainly don't believe it would have an effect upon him being fired, though it may potentially lower the compensation. I believe Madrid have got Presidential elections coming up as well, and that could tie in heavily with any potential sacking; the new President (if there is to be one) could want to get rid of him as soon as possible.

But like you said, it certainly won't do him any favours if he does badly with us. His man-management approach may come under scrutiny due to his obvious player baiting, ruling out quite a few jobs that he would have walked into previously.
    Funnily enough mourinho was interviewed for the barcelona job. He was also barca's assistant manager and even managed in bobby robsons cup games...

ReputationRep:
    So what's everyone's opinion on a new stadium? I loved the Battersea power station design but unfortunately that's long gone. How bad do you think the short-time effects would be if we did manage to move? Because it's not like we're problem-free right now.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares about where our stadium is. As long as Jose Mourinho comes, I'm sure we will set a title challenge next season if not close the gap majorly. If he comes, I'm sure he will bring back all of our big loaned players like Lukaku and De Bruyne but also not play players like Torres when he's clearly out of form. I heard Abromovtich say he would offer Jose 100 million to spend if he were to come? We don't even need to spend much more than 30 million on a good striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Who cares about where our stadium is. As long as Jose Mourinho comes, I'm sure we will set a title challenge next season if not close the gap majorly. If he comes, I'm sure he will bring back all of our big loaned players like Lukaku and De Bruyne but also not play players like Torres when he's clearly out of form. I heard Abromovtich say he would offer Jose 100 million to spend if he were to come? We don't even need to spend much more than 30 million on a good striker.
    You can't be serious, right? You know if we wish to expand as a club we'll likely need to move stadiums? Just like Arsenal have. And it's some conversation away from the usual managerial/player talk...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    So what's everyone's opinion on a new stadium? I loved the Battersea power station design but unfortunately that's long gone. How bad do you think the short-time effects would be if we did manage to move? Because it's not like we're problem-free right now.
    looked epic, would have been seriously jelly had you built the one at Battersea. Loved the single tier 'Dortmund style' stands and the unique power station look.

Finding a site will be insane though and you might even have to think about Putney, Wandsworth etc as you're not going to find a site in Fulham(know it pretty well and cant think of a single candidate). Stamford Bridge strikes me as a stadium that can be easily expanded though, at least to 50k which would probably do as Chelsea would struggle to get more than that, even in the big games.

Depends if uncle Roman pays for it or not. If he does then as usual Chelsea go scot free.

ReputationRep:
    Watching the City vs West Brom game, Lukaku's had three decent shots on target in the first 5 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)

Abramovich wont be at Chelsea forever. Chelsea need to generate their own income supplemented by a owner providing his own funding to a transfer budget. The club itself is not making enough profit to stop heavy investment from the owner. A new stadium will boost revenue from corporate boxes, corporate events, season ticket holders and regular fans. Sponsors will want to invest and Chelsea's International profile will increase.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at Google Earth at the stadium you can see the lack of development site they have to work with. The only thing I can think of is perhaps moving the East stand back over the train line, with the lower stand being pushed back. It won't happen though because their's a cemetry the other side and chances are it won't change the capacity much.

Best hope may be this Malaysian resedential scheme at Battersea failing and it beeing up for sale again in a few years time. Can't see why thy picked it over Chelsea tbh seeing as through football ot would definetly work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Looking at Google Earth at the stadium you can see the lack of development site they have to work with. The only thing I can think of is perhaps moving the East stand back over the train line, with the lower stand being pushed back. It won't happen though because their's a cemetry the other side and chances are it won't change the capacity much.

Best hope may be this Malaysian resedential scheme at Battersea failing and it beeing up for sale again in a few years time. Can't see why thy picked it over Chelsea tbh seeing as through football ot would definetly work.

Demolish Chelsea village hotel and stick an extra tier behind the goal. That'll be worth 10,000 seats .

ReputationRep:
    I'm calling it now.

Mourinho'll be Utd manager by August.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be so f*cking pissed off if that happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    I'm calling it now.

Mourinho'll be Utd manager by August.
    But Benitez said we all know who the Chelsea manager will be next season. Given all the speculation about Mourinho returning, surely he won't be going to Utd? Unless Rafa is just chatting ****.

ReputationRep:
    Not to mention Fergie said he really wanted Mourinho back in the league - I'm sure he won't retire without at least one more season of rivalry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    But Benitez said we all know who the Chelsea manager will be next season. Given all the speculation about Mourinho returning, surely he won't be going to Utd? Unless Rafa is just chatting ****.
    Benitez has never had the license to speak freely about Chelsea's future, or the current situation behind the scenes. In fact, I doubt he knows anything besides what's happening with the first team.

It sounded like a slightly bitter comment and more like a personal opinion than a statement from CFC. I disregarded the comment as soon as I heard it.

Fergie has timed it deliberately (if he does leave). Mourinho isn't finalised. I doubt he knew Fergie was going to leave before talking about that 'one club in England' that loves him.

If it's between a lack of control at Chelsea, and the possibility of having the same power Fergie was given, anyone with any common sense would pick Utd.

I've resented Fergie for a long time, but he's just completely pulled the carpet out from under CFC.

ReputationRep:
    Could be a bit of a ploy? People said the Rooney saga in 2010/2011? was manufactured by Fergie to convince the board they needed to spend more.

On the one hand, it could be a bit cowardice from him to run away when Mourinho's coming back (but I highly doubt that's the case).

ReputationRep:
    Although I've always hated Benitez, I feel sorry for him in a way because of how badly he got abused; although he lured that abuse himself by not apologizing to the fans about his past. I think Jose Mourinho is just waiting for Chelsea to beat Tottenham tomorrow or confirm a CL place before he talks/reveals more about this. I'm fairly sure he will open up about whether he will move after we have achieved a CL position.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Jose doesn't go to Utd but I've always had a feeling as if SAF was "mentoring" him for the Utd job just based on their interactions and how close they seem to be. Hope David Moyes goes to Utd instead if Fergie really is retiring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    What's to say he won't be worshipped by the majority of the dressing room? He has amazing man management, and the only players that have enough power to damage the manager is Lampard, Terry, Cech and Cole. And they all seem to love him.

As for Abramovich, well....unfortunately that man is ticking time bomb with his managers.
    Pre-Real Madrid time, it would have been a given (in my eyes) that the players would worship him. The thing is that people change over time and I think Mourinho has changed and while he can still be that charismatic person who everyone adores, I think a surly side has also emerged. Imo he's quick to assume players will adore him whereas earlier in his career, I think he would've taken an extra step to get that admiration.

Not to say the Chelsea players won't adore him, but I think there's a risk they might not take to him. Yes the older players worshipped him but a lot of time has passed and players change too. You think Lampard and Terry will appreciate being phased out? If I were either of them, with Mourinho's return, I'd expect a larger role than a random new manager. If that doesn't transpire, who's to say whether those players will become bitter/less fond of Mourinho or not?

I think Mourinho will be quick to stamp his authority over the Chelsea squad and rather than trying to get everyone on his side, I think he will expect them to get into line and then push out any player who doesn't.

What if for example he rubs Mata up the wrong way?

But that's just my opinion on what could happen. I just don't think he's going to be the messiah everyone is expecting.

(Original post by billybo_h)
    I said I believed it was a conspiracy - I certainly don't believe it would have an effect upon him being fired, though it may potentially lower the compensation. I believe Madrid have got Presidential elections coming up as well, and that could tie in heavily with any potential sacking; the new President (if there is to be one) could want to get rid of him as soon as possible.

But like you said, it certainly won't do him any favours if he does badly with us. His man-management approach may come under scrutiny due to his obvious player baiting, ruling out quite a few jobs that he would have walked into previously.
    Well if he's sacked, Madrid owe him a lot of money and if he leaves/wants to join another club, someone would need to pay off Madrid. Considering both want to part ways, the obvious solution would be to have no pay-off from either party and mutually terminate.

I think his approach to the press and the "us verus them/the world" mentality is what is more likely to make clubs wary of him.. it's very aggressive and confrontational.
    • TSR Support Team

Just a heads up that the match thread is up http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2343390

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.