The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
Not a disaster, but not great either...

Hazard's improving by the day.
Reply 2041
Why Benayoun? Of all Rafa's stupid subs, this one takes the biscuit. Oscar was playing very well for starters, and why not bring on Ba or Lampard who will actually do something?
Original post by cleveradam
and once again Torres shows he can do **** all when he gets a chance.

He played well overall I felt.

Putting Benayoun on was stupid. Should have at least put Ba/Lampard on instead.

Ramires also pissed me off in this game. Did well for his goal, but so many times he just bottles a pass at the most crucial moment.
Reply 2043
How did you not win that game? Anyone also got pissed during the last 5-10 minutes when Spurs tactics was basiclly give the ball to Bale.
Please Rafa. Just kindly **** off. We don't need him managing anymore for the next 3 games even the caretaker can make better decisions than this fat waiter.
Reply 2045
Please Rafa. Just kindly **** off. We don't need him managing anymore for the next 3 games even the caretaker can make better decisions than this fat waiter.

You're such a bloody plastic.
Watch how we draw with Villa too.
Reply 2047
Why would this ****er take off Hazard, and on top of that Benayon? Really Rafa, really? What the ****! Ridiculous.

I hate how we can never finish a game off, how many times have we seen this. A win would've almost guaranteed us a champions league spot, but now we have to win against a Villa team fighting against relegation and on a decent form! Great!
Calm down kids, 4 points from Utd and Spurs was probably what many of us would have settled for this time last week. We'll still get third.
Reply 2049
Original post by chigyy
Why would this ****er take off Hazard, and on top of that Benayon? Really Rafa, really? What the ****! Ridiculous.

I hate how we can never finish a game off, how many times have we seen this. A win would've almost guaranteed us a champions league spot, but now we have to win against a Villa team fighting against relegation and on a decent form! Great!

Hazard was injured, Benayoun was just stupid.

Any other player would have been better. I was hoping that Lamps would replace Oscar, w/ ramires on the right. But nah. That'd make too much sense.
Original post by chigyy

West-Brom, Southampton, Swansea, West-Ham, Liverpool (x2) and Tottenham.
Probably even more games where we should have won like the QPR one.
We would have been on 75 points by now atleast had Rafa not put on terrible Subs during the last 20 minutes of those games. He always takes of Hazard even though he knows Hazard is our only way to maintain pressure up the field when we're winning.
Well, at least Arsenal have the same. Although Newcastle haven't been good they could certainly do fairly decent - Wigan too. And at least Spurs have Stoke at the Britannia stadium
Reply 2052
Original post by Isometrix
Calm down kids, 4 points from Utd and Spurs was probably what many of us would have settled for this time last week. We'll still get third.
True, we'll be fine. Although it is frustrating as we could (and should) have won that.
Really disappointed we didn't grab the 3 points as that would have given us more daylight. I hope it doesn't come to the last game of the season..how nerve wracking :redface:
Reply 2054
Original post by Yawn-er
Hazard was injured, Benayoun was just stupid.

Any other player would have been better. I was hoping that Lamps would replace Oscar, w/ ramires on the right. But nah. That'd make too much sense.

Oh ok fairs, Benayon is the most useless player ever, he doesn't provide any width, any attacking options and nothing defensively, nothing he does benefits our team. It's like we're playing with 10 men.

West-Brom, Southampton, Swansea, West-Ham, Liverpool (x2) and Tottenham.
Probably even more games where we should have won like the QPR one.
We would have been on 75 points by now atleast had Rafa not put on terrible Subs during the last 20 minutes of those games. He always takes of Hazard even though he knows Hazard is our only way to maintain pressure up the field when we're winning.

We should've gotten something out of most of these games, especially the one against Southampton where we let a 2 goal lead slip, and that Liverpool away game.

Can't wait till next season, this season is really starting to get on my nerves.
Aston Villa away won't be an easy game. Too bad they're on a good streak aswell, expect Ba to start now against Villa...
Demba Ba hasn't been scoring too many league goals which is not good news either. Then a hard game against Everton where Rafa will probably cock up once again.
No good predicting, just have to wait until it's all over.
Reply 2057
Original post by Isometrix

It's not that, it's just the way we can't kill a game off, and the mind boggling substitutions Rafa makes.
We were playing with 9 men once Benayoun came on.
If Tottenham had played well and gotten the 2nd goal I wouldn't have been moaning. But this team doesn't know how to kill of games and have lost countless points this season - exactly why we won't be near the title next season if we continue like this. We are exactly the opposite of Man Utd who always scrape wins on the 90th/95th minute of games but the thing is we always lose games on the dying stages. This should be called Rafa time where teams have a high chance of scoring against Chelsea.

Latest