Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    **** that. Wouldnt give 20m for Rooney in all honesty and can defo think of smarter ways to blow 250k a week

its not like we couldnt afford him 4 times over or anything...
    he is worth the 25mill but will have to take atleast a 40% wage cut. Just thinking of how good he was before the 2010 worldcup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    He's not the player he was under Ancelotti. Was far more capable then, but was pretty much useless at Arsenal - how many games did he play for you?- and less than useless now that he's older and not match-fit.

A lot of it has to do with him not getting any match-time, but he's definitely not good enough to start ahead of everyone else on the bench. He doesn't deserve the hate tbh. He's not the one making the decision to put himself on at 2-2...

(part of me thinks it's Rafa's sentimentality towards him. Wanted Benayoun to get the goal/assist to get the fans off both their backs.)
    He played about 10 games as a starter I'd say and a few from the bench. He never sat the place on fire or anything, and as you say he is very limited in many ways but he was solid and dependable. Scored some important goals as well which were crucial in qualifying for the CL.

That's what I dont understand. Benayoun is one of the most sincere and likeable guys in football and is utterly professional. He was bought by Chelsea and now the appointed manager wants to use him. He does his best. So why boo him? Its just a scandalous thing to do imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    he is worth the 25mill but will have to take atleast a 40% wage cut. Just thinking of how good he was before the 2010 worldcup
    His body apparently is a few years from giving up on him due to his years of boozin and smoking on the side. + Naturally he's probably the least fit footballer I've ever seen at the top level. Ryan Giggs he certainly aint. By 30 he'll be on the scrapheap.

Of course he's good but so are all 25m players. Nothing to go ape **** about really.

ReputationRep:
    SSN made it official he said he wants to leave just now

(Original post by Zürich)
    His body apparently is a few years from giving up on him due to his years of boozin and smoking on the side. + Naturally he's probably the least fit footballer I've ever seen at the top level. Ryan Giggs he certainly aint. By 30 he'll be on the scrapheap.

Of course he's good but so are all 25m players. Nothing to go ape **** about really.
    Fair enough genetically is probably at a disadvantage thats why he probably did so well when he was young but even now we still see the quality he has plus he puts a shift in kind of like tevez before he lost weight.. Just needs to be put on a Drip so he doesn't eat a load of crap

ReputationRep:
    Luiz :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean to lower the tone of the thread but it has struck me on more than one occasion that you have quite a stunningly attractive team. Think that is the reason I always end up watching Chelsea matches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deadsmurfette)
    I don't mean to lower the tone of the thread but it has struck me on more than one occasion that you have quite a stunningly attractive team. Think that is the reason I always end up watching Chelsea matches.
    It's late no one is around so I'll reply. I completely there are a few who let the side down but the majority are pretty decent.

Hazard's ass is a sight to behold :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    and i get banned for saying the word gay...

ReputationRep:
    Shame the women's team are butterz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deadsmurfette)
    Hazard is probably the most attractive player on the team with torres. Mata is too cute for my liking he reminds me of a doll. One guy I have a weird man crush on is adebayor, I don't know why.

Guess for me it goes, hazard, torres, mata, luiz then the rest who are either average looking(gary cahill, ivanovic) or ugly mother****ers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Shame the women's team are butterz
    That's why I don't watch womens football, although the USA's keeper would get it so badly.
    I'm in love with her in fact. She likes football and she's attractive man.

ReputationRep:
    Don't see us going for Rooney, and I hope we don't too. Don't see why we'd spent £25/30million on a player in decline when that money could be better spent elsewhere, *cough*Lewandowski*cough*. If he ends up moving at all, I think he'll end up moving to somewhere like PSG, have moderate success for a couple of seasons before moving to the MLS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    That's why I don't watch womens football, although the USA's keeper would get it so badly.
    You guys limit yourself if you think that. The USA women's team has attractive women Alex Morgan, Hope Solo (the keeper) Alex Krieger, I could go on but I'll end up sounding like a pimp. Their matches are usually pretty good too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    You guys limit yourself if you think that. The USA women's team has attractive women Alex Morgan, Hope Solo (the keeper) Alex Krieger, I could go on but I'll end up sounding like a pimp. Their matches are usually pretty good too
    When do USA womens team play their matches? :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Hazard is probably the most attractive player on the team with torres. Mata is too cute for my liking he reminds me of a doll. One guy I have a weird man crush on is adebayor, I don't know why.

Guess for me it goes, hazard, torres, mata, luiz then the rest who are either average looking(gary cahill, ivanovic) or ugly mother****ers.
    I'd add Lampard, Cole and Bertrand to the attractive list too. Oscar would be there if he bulked up a bit but his frame just makes look like an adolescent

ReputationRep:
    When do USA womens team play their matches? :sogood:
    Th next one is on the 2nd of June

ReputationRep:
    I'd add Lampard, Cole and Bertrand to the attractive list too. Oscar would be there if he bulked up a bit but his frame just makes look like an adolescent
    Damn forgot about those 3. I'd add bertrand and lampard. Cole is fairly nice but more higher tier of average(I have high standards no homo)

ReputationRep:
    Damn forgot about those 3. I'd add bertrand and lampard. Cole is fairly nice but more higher tier of average(I have high standards no homo)
    I'd believe your high standards if you hadn't said Adebayor :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Wifey material right there.

ReputationRep:
    Alex Morgan

:teeth:

Hottest female football personality for me is Claire Rourke who presents for Liverpool TV

Willing to overlook the fact she's scouse

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.