Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrs_usher4)
    First half display was shocking.
    How are Chelsea getting ripped apart by Aston Villa. The same team we beat 8-0 a few months ago. Yes, they are fighting for their position in the BPL and they are at home but c'mon they have managed like 10 wins all season.

I wonder what subs Rafa will make because its going to take a miracle now.:unimpressed:
    I knew this was gonna happen that's why I was surprised most people in here weren't too bothered that we didn't beat Spurs saying we've got Villa next to get 3 points. Their strikers have been absolutely brilliant these last 3/4 games and they were always gonna make it hard for our defence.

Fingers crossed we can do something in the 2nd half

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrs_usher4)
    First half display was shocking.
    How are Chelsea getting ripped apart by Aston Villa. The same team we beat 8-0 a few months ago. Yes, they are fighting for their position in the BPL and they are at home but c'mon they have managed like 10 wins all season.

I wonder what subs Rafa will make because its going to take a miracle now.:unimpressed:
    We're hardly getting ripped apart. They took their chance early on and we've had the majority of possession bar the last five minutes. Ref is pretty trigger happy with his cards though.

ReputationRep:
    we'll see now if the overpaid players can actually conjure something together. Too bad Luiz is benched otherwise he would've bossed the midfield. Terrible performance from nearly every player so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    I knew this was gonna happen that's why I was surprised most people in here weren't too bothered that we didn't beat Spurs saying we've got Villa next to get 3 points. Their strikers have been absolutely brilliant these last 3/4 games and they were always gonna make it hard for our defence.

I knew we something like this would happen, why? A. because they're fighting against relegation and B. because they're on GREAT form and they're strikers are hard to deal with.

Ramires deserved that red card, however Benteke is lucky to still be on.

ReputationRep:
    Too easy for Benteke to score, and it was Ramires who gave the ball away which lead to the goal. And, whilst not inherently violent, Ramires needs to learn how control himself. He is capable of some absolutely brilliant things, but too much of the time he just looks lost on the pitch, and around other players.

And I would get Torres on. I know we have the Europa League to worry about, but at least Torres runs around, even if he doesn't score. Ba just seems to meander through the defensive line, whereas Torres can create space for Mata/Hazard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    We're hardly getting ripped apart. They took their chance early on and we've had the majority of possession bar the last five minutes. Ref is pretty trigger happy with his cards though.
    That's what I'm thinking, every foul, yellow card. It's almost as bad as Abramovich with managers.

ReputationRep:
    Not watching the game, did Ramires deserve a red?

ReputationRep:
    Ba can't score easy goals but he scores hard goals. Wow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Yes he kept fouling too often after his first yellow. He is so bad it's unreal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)

I agree. We definitely should have won that game. Benteke is in such great form so it wouldn't be an easy game. Hope we can get something out of this or we're in trouble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Yes. Even though he didn't actually catch anyone for the second foul, his boot was raised with 2 players surrounding him and he was already on a yellow

ReputationRep:
    Feeling a bit dejected atm. I hope we can get a point. Can't say I didn't expect this though.

Even if we did manage to draw then imagine how tired our players will be... hope it won't affect that match on Wednesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Yeah, its going to be hard to come back and Terry's on a yellow.

Ideas for subs?

ReputationRep:
    I see that Luiz has come on, sure he will provide that stability in the midfield and allow Chelsea to get a better control of the game now.

ReputationRep:
    Too many players thinking of the Europa League final?

ReputationRep:
    Now we have a game.

ReputationRep:
    I knew Benteke would be off eventually... lol. Okay, c'mon guys.

ReputationRep:
    Lol comeback

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    YESSS!!!

Congrats Lampard!

ReputationRep:
    Lampaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!!!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.