Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigyy)
    Lol, I have an exam on Friday (S1), should also be studying, and I should also be in college for a study sessions #REBEL.
    I've got 6 in the next three weeks, and a Europa and Champions League Final to watch in between it all.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I have an exam on Friday (S1), should also be studying, and I should also be in college for a study sessions #REBEL.
    I rarely went in for maths lessons lol. I've got to revise for my tests but I'm ****ing screwed atm. Looks like a trip to the library is in order.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    He's valuable, doesn't mean he's good. He's a useful player when we're parking bus or the team needs energy in midfield but that's really it, if he had an ounce of technical ability, be it being able to pick out a pass, putting in a good cross or being able to dribble past his man he'd be a world class player.
    tbf, his chip against Barca last season would be hailed as one of the greatest ever goals if it was Messi.

ReputationRep:
    I rarely went in for maths lessons lol. I've got to revise for my tests but I'm ****ing screwed atm. Looks like a trip to the library is in order.
    Examsolutions is a life saver! He's such a boss, tbh he got me an A in C1.

(Original post by Musester)
    tbf, his chip against Barca last season would be hailed as one of the greatest ever goals if it was Messi.
    That's so very true.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but messi does that with consistency. Explained this to my mates during the tottenham game, he'll score an important goal but if you watch his general play he's a pretty **** player. Proven by his top class finish vs tottenham and the **** touch when we were in a very good position the same match.

ReputationRep:
    I've got 6 in the next three weeks, and a Europa and Champions League Final to watch in between it all.
    When is the CL final?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but messi does that with consistency. Explained this to my mates during the tottenham game, he'll score an important goal but if you watch his general play he's a pretty **** player. Proven by his top class finish vs tottenham and the **** touch when we were in a very good position the same match.
    Tbf he did slip. However that could've won us the game, and I was really pissed off after that.

ReputationRep:
    Examsolutions is a life saver! He's such a boss, tbh he got me an A in C1.

That's so very true.
    Don't worry I've done A levels already and used exam solutions, finished my year 12 maths exams in half an hour and did pretty well overall :lol:. II'm a second year in uni.

ReputationRep:
    When is the CL final?
    25th May

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry I've done A levels already and used exam solutions, finished my year 12 maths exams in half an hour and did pretty well overall :lol:. II'm a second year in uni.
    Mate, I can't wait till uni, and I cannot wait to get out of London, although 3 of my choices will be here lol.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, I can't wait till uni, and I cannot wait to get out of London, although 3 of my choices will be here lol.
    Don't worry the wait is worth it. Word of advice, enjoy the moments you have now as you'll never get them again.

Back to the subject of football, we're back in the CL *****es!! Time to win the mickey mouse cup, and continue our record against guardiola to be the only team he hasn't beat at the top flight level. Might play with 9 men this time, maybe his team might stand a chance against us then.

ReputationRep:
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. He's a top top manager Benitez. He's done incredibly well given the ridiculous hostility, and he's got you to the highest you would be with the squad you have. Cracking win today as well. He's a better manager than RDM, and to be honest, I think he should stay on, I'm not sure Mourinho will work, I mean, he fell out with RA the last time, because RA wanted more influence than an owner should have, who is to say it would work this time.

And just for the record, this is not trolling. The purpose of these forums is to have a difference of opinion. It is certainly not 'fact' that RDM is a better manager than Benitez, I don't think he is, RDM's league form was dreadful.

Third place in the league and Europa league final is the best you could expect to be with that squad. With improvements in the Summer I expect Chelsea to be challenging on all fronts next season.

Lampard definitely deserves a new deal, would be crazy to offload him.

ReputationRep:
    Seems to be a recurring theme that all of our big players get injured/banned before a European final. I'm confident we'll still bring it home though!

Lampard 203!
    KTBFFH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. He's a top top manager Benitez. He's done incredibly well given the ridiculous hostility, and he's got you to the highest you would be with the squad you have. Cracking win today as well. He's a better manager than RDM, and to be honest, I think he should stay on, I'm not sure Mourinho will work, I mean, he fell out with RA the last time, because RA wanted more influence than an owner should have, who is to say it would work this time.

And just for the record, this is not trolling. The purpose of these forums is to have a difference of opinion. It is certainly not 'fact' that RDM is a better manager than Benitez, I don't think he is, RDM's league form was dreadful.

Third place in the league and Europa league final is the best you could expect to be with that squad. With improvements in the Summer I expect Chelsea to be challenging on all fronts next season.

Lampard definitely deserves a new deal, would be crazy to offload him.
    I wouldn't mind him staying on, seriously. However the problem here is the fans, a lot of people can't wait to see the back of him. I think if benitez can build a squad with these cash reserves he would at least not put on benayoun when we really need a goal or start torres. His substitutions really baffle me. I still think he is overrated by liverpool fans but a fair assessment to him would be that he's a good manager and does deserve to manage us for another season. But he's done what's required of the squad, coming 3rd with the 3rd best team in the league and in the europa league final winning it with the best squad by an immeasurable distance is what is expected.

RDM's league form wasn't dreadful. Seriously man he had a much harder run of games than AVB did and came out of it with a similar points per game(11-12 season). Hence here is where you're wrong. We were also 4 points behind the leaders at the point of when he was sacked(12-13 season). So don't use that point to slate him. You can use the CL and that's it. Matter of fact is that bar the friendly one off matches like the super cup and community shield he won us every trophy we were in for in his management.

If you can find a good reason as to why my second paragraph is anywhere near invalid I'd agree with your point that RDM isn't a good manager.

ReputationRep:
    SUPER FRANKIE LAMPARD!
    He's truly a legend.
    I got goosebumps when he set the record.

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Fitting that he got the two goals to pretty much guarantee CL.

ReputationRep:
    The game reminded me of Wolves away last year. A few bad tackles, struggling against a side battling over relagation and Lampard getting a late winner from a cross after a neat 1-2 on the far side

ReputationRep:
    So happy with Super Frankie Lampard! Finally gets his deserved goals. Anyone with a brain can see he deserves an extension >_>! I think if Mourinho does come back, he'll give him a contract in his first press conference!

Cech

Azpilicueta - Ivanovic - JT - Cole

Luiz - Lampard

Oscar - Mata - Hazard

Torres

Hoping he puts out this team, although I can see Lampard/Ivanovic replaced with Ramires/Mikel and Cahill.

ReputationRep:
    Any other Amsterdam-goers here?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind him staying on, seriously. However the problem here is the fans, a lot of people can't wait to see the back of him. I think if benitez can build a squad with these cash reserves he would at least not put on benayoun when we really need a goal or start torres. His substitutions really baffle me. I still think he is overrated by liverpool fans but a fair assessment to him would be that he's a good manager and does deserve to manage us for another season. But he's done what's required of the squad, coming 3rd with the 3rd best team in the league and in the europa league final winning it with the best squad by an immeasurable distance is what is expected.

RDM's league form wasn't dreadful. Seriously man he had a much harder run of games than AVB did and came out of it with a similar points per game(11-12 season). Hence here is where you're wrong. We were also 4 points behind the leaders at the point of when he was sacked(12-13 season). So don't use that point to slate him. You can use the CL and that's it. Matter of fact is that bar the friendly one off matches like the super cup and community shield he won us every trophy we were in for in his management.

If you can find a good reason as to why my second paragraph is anywhere near invalid I'd agree with your point that RDM isn't a good manager.
    Well done. That was a reasonable well rounded post, instead of calling me a troll. It's not trolling to not rate RDM.

Well done on Benitez. When I watched our game v you which you won (well done by the way) I heard a Chelsea fan sat next to me at full time going '**** off Benitez'. Which is disappointing seeing as he'd just won at Old Trafford and guaranteed you third place. I mean, he's managed Liverpool, and whilst at Liverpool it was his job to try and beat Chelsea. You put that behind you. He's a sound tactician, and has had some fantastic away wins this season. You can NEVER take it for granted that you will win in Europe, it's arrogant to expect to win, even in the Europa league. Some difficult teams in there Mr Jam.

Jam you were 25 points off City/United, finishing sixth in 2011/2012. You finished below Newcastle United. It was dreadful league form. And the league is RA's priority. You did very well to win the CL and I congratulate you. You deserved the luck you got at Barcelona as you were robbed the year or two before, but you were lucky. Barcelona and Munich could have won. You were excellent in the FA Cup and deserved to win.

I just think Benitez is a more rounded coach, and will put you back to the heights you are aiming for in the league.

Next season with Mourinho and Moyes and Mancini. The three M's. Very exciting. I hope you are excited, cause I bloody well am.

Who do you think you will buy? Who do you think we will buy?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.