Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Should've started Hazard tbh. Especially since Mata's ill.

ReputationRep:
    Your bloody team is ruining my accumulator, why has rafa gotta be ****

ReputationRep:
    Why can everyone but Rafa see that Mikel and Lampard are the WORST pivot partnership possible. They're too ****ing slow. Jesus I get so annoyed seeing them on the team sheet together. Sub Frank for Ramires.

ReputationRep:
    I was laughing my ass off when the fox commentators kept talking about the changes Rafa is gonna make at half time. As if he would do that

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    Sub Frank for Ramires.
    We need two goals, how about take the defensive midfielder, Mikel off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    We need two goals, how about take the defensive midfielder, Mikel off.
    Because I'd rather keep someone that can defend on...

ReputationRep:
    Looks like no CL football for us next season...

ReputationRep:
    ****ing Benayoun really?? Should've just put Ba on, doubt these 15 minutes would tire him out for Monday

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    ****ing bull****. Why does this happen?

ReputationRep:
    No Mata, no Chelsea. If he isn't fit for Monday, you don't stand a chance.

ReputationRep:
    Swear Benitez chose a team to lose today....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    No Mata, no Chelsea. If he isn't fit for Monday, you don't stand a chance.
    not really still think theyll batter them but they gotta beat tottenham now
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Southampton had a real go at us, but I think we can justify the team selection today, Benitez had another good line up. The only problem I had with him was bringing Benayoun on, as if our loss wasn't guaranteed, he had to bring him on to make sure. Ba should've come on for either Torres (who had a good game, not great, but good), or Moses who was poor today. All credit towards Southampton, they had a cracker of a game and deserved the 3 points.

All is not lost, we're still ahead of Arsenal, a game in hand on Spurs and we have a much easier fixture list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    not really still think theyll batter them but they gotta beat tottenham now
    You think Chelsea will batter United? Whatever your smoking I want some.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    You think Chelsea will batter United? Whatever your smoking I want some.
    If chelsea decide to not defend then yeh they will loose because of rvp and rooney but other than that united have a horrible midfield and chelsea have players like oscar, hazard, mata and ramires who will murder them just like they did at old trafford in the 2nd half.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    If chelsea decide to not defend then yeh they will loose because of rvp and rooney but other than that united have a horrible midfield and chelsea have players like oscar, hazard, mata and ramires who will murder them just like they did at old trafford in the 2nd half.
    i would also like some of what you are smoking.

ReputationRep:
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world that Benitez is a decent tactician..

Manchester City lost away at Southampton. As did Liverpool. Thus, Benitez pulls the master stroke of resting Ashley Cole, Hazard, Ramires as well as putting Ivanovic at CB (I prefer Cahill/Luiz next to Terry; and none of them were played). Additionally, Mata was ill. End result: Southampton win by 2-1.

His choices are likely motivated by the fact that Chelsea play ManUtd in an FA Cup semifinal tie this Monday. However, at this point securing a top 4 finish has to be considered of greater importance than any other feasible title? Is Benitez desperately looking to improve his CV with an FA Cup title to a point where he is willing to sacrifice Chelsea's Champions League ambitions for next season? I don't know, but I'm gutted we lost.

The icing on the cake will be if ManUtd send us crashing out on Monday. :facepalm2:

Credit must be given to Soton though; they played some fantastic football today. I still want to see them go down, though; as I'm still disappointed that they axed Nigel Adkins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    Southampton had a real go at us, but I think we can justify the team selection today, Benitez had another good line up. The only problem I had with him was bringing Benayoun on, as if our loss wasn't guaranteed, he had to bring him on to make sure. Ba should've come on for either Torres (who had a good game, not great, but good), or Moses who was poor today. All credit towards Southampton, they had a cracker of a game and deserved the 3 points.

All is not lost, we're still ahead of Arsenal, a game in hand on Spurs and we have a much easier fixture list.
    Nice to see some credit going to the Saints. We've been really unlucky with not getting points against the top teams despite playing better.

You guys are too dependent on Mata and Hazard but with a few additions in the summer should be title challengers. Need a better striker.

Moses is an athlete, not a footballer. He's also obviously dumb as ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    Is Benitez desperately looking to improve his CV with an FA Cup title to a point where he is willing to sacrifice Chelsea's Champions League ambitions for next season?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Even if we beat Utd, we got City next round. Chances of beating those two on the trot? Not great.

Premier League should take priority, at least we have a struggling Sunderland next weekend.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.