The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2580
Tbh although I can get worked up you gotta just take a step back and laugh. :laugh:
Tbh one even admitted it themselves that if I want a non partizan thread go on reddit :lol:
Original post by jam277
I've never seen a more partizan thread than that arsenal thread. But anyway, onwards and upwards for next season, this club likes to stress me out but one thing you can't fault the club for is our work ethic, when the going gets tough(like it has been for the past 3 seasons) the players will sweat it out and get a victory.

We've been dominated in 2 cup finals and 30mins of the FA cup final in the past year and we still won it. That deserves credit for mental strength.

Yeah, with regards to the club receiving it's criticism, it hasn't really seemed practical to argue in defense of it because there will always be people out there who will continue to make disparaging remarks about the club, no matter what argument someone tries to put forth. KingMessi formulated a great argument against Zurich a few months ago -- even after that we were still seeing a lot of the anti-Chelsea platitudes. Oh well... lol. Stay frosty... it's all part of the sport :cool:

As Iso said, we'll write history, not remember it. I hope we'll continue to win, get a better stadium, garner a greater fanbase so we can become more self-sustainable in the future.

I agree with you wholeheartedly with regards to work ethic - it's often been the case with our players.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by The Assassin
Yeah, with regards to the club receiving it's criticism, it hasn't really seemed practical to argue in defense of it because there will always be people out there who will continue to make disparaging remarks about the club, no matter what argument someone tries to put forth. KingMessi formulated a great argument against Zurich a few months ago -- even after that we were still seeing a lot of the anti-Chelsea platitudes. Oh well... lol. :cool:

As Iso said, we'll write history, not remember it. I hope we'll continue to win, get a better stadium, garner a greater fanbase so we can become more self-sustainable in the future.

I agree with you wholeheartedly with regards to work ethic - it's often been the case with our players.

Totally agree, although one thing I do hate is our glory hunting fans though, they give bad name to the true Chelsea fans that supported them pre-RA.
Original post by Multitalented me
Totally agree, although one thing I do hate is our glory hunting fans though, they give bad name to the true Chelsea fans that supported them pre-RA.

Yeah I know man... the guys who supported the teams with the likes of Vialli and Zola :moon:. Oh well.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by The Assassin
Yeah I know man... the team with the likes of Vialli and Zola :moon:. Oh well.

Zola :sogood: hope Watford get promoted so he's back in the prem, still got a video of me wearing an old Autoglass shirt lol, Zola was partly the reason why I first followed them & the fact that I liked the colour blue :tongue:
Original post by Multitalented me
Zola :sogood: hope Watford get promoted so he's back in the prem, still got a video of me wearing an old Autoglass shirt lol, Zola was partly the reason why I first followed them & the fact that I liked the colour blue :tongue:

Yeah it'd be great to see him here -- he's done a good job with Watford, taking them from 11th in 2011/2012 to 3rd this season, into the playoffs. We can have Chalobah gain some premier league experience too.

Hahaha, I don't think I have any pictures with the autoglass kit but I believe I have some with the Emirates one :tongue:
Reply 2586
Torres' goal last night means he has now scored 22 goals this season, more than Rooney, Gomez, Higuain, Benzema, Villa, Balotelli, Aguero and Tevez. :tongue:

Although his goal to game ratio is poor.
Torres has 7 league goals which is awful. £50m :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2588
Original post by Webster2002
Torres has 7 league goals which is awful. £50m :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks captain obvious. Tell me something else we didn't know :rolleyes:
Reply 2589
Original post by Jim-Jam
Rafa has done amazing with you. Still lost some games you should have won (Club World Cup is one) but considering none of the players are his buys and he's been there the shorter end of 6 months it's pretty good.. Higher points total than Di Matteo, won you the EL whereas Di Matteo got you knocked out of the CL with a game left, never won the super cup, never won the charity shield etc etc.

And if anybody seriously thinks Di Matteo is a better manager they want their heads looking at.

Do I really need to answer this question. He had a better team than what RDM had last season, this season we had a very good points total at the time he was sacked.

Like honestly we're not saying he's way better or anything like that, but he was given little to no time. Similar things with AVB, you can't judge a manager on their work in the first 6 months of a season. By that logic rodgers should have been sacked in december.

Plus winning the europa league with the best squad in the competition and coming top 3 with the 3rd best squad isn't really that amazing. Do I need to get it through your thick skulls.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2590
Anyone seen this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-22555151

I wondered who the hell that kid was....
Original post by Isometrix
Chelsea FC - writing our history, not remembering it :yy:

Chelsea FC - buying our history and forgetting it.
Reply 2593
Original post by WhatIsAUsername?

Every club buys and sells players, it's part of the game :colonhash: united bought rvp and he won them the league :pierre: arsenal bought Henry and he is a club legend :colonhash: City bought aguero and he clinched the title at the final minute. Liverpool haven't bought a lot good quality players as of late and look where they are. Same can be said of Arsenal :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2594

Lol, we sure bought that prem title in 1955. Hows the premier league title hunt going? 22 years now right?
Original post by ipoop
Every club buys and sells players, it's part of the game :colonhash: united bought rvp and he won them the league :pierre: arsenal bought Henry and he is a club legend :colonhash: City bought aguero and he clinched the title at the final minute. Liverpool haven't bought a lot good quality players as of late and look where they are. Same can be said of Arsenal :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The difference is Chelsea's and City's has been excessive and unsustainable.
Reply 2596
The difference is Chelsea's and City's has been excessive and unsustainable.

Look I don't care about your opinion and I doubt that most people on this thread do too.
We weren't even talking about liverpool, so for you to be offended must mean that you have this butthurt complex due to it also applying to you. Good day mate.
Go and join the arsenal thread if you wanna spend all day bitching about chelsea's trophies.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Lol, we sure bought that prem title in 1955. Hows the premier league title hunt going? 22 years now right?

You never know, in 28 years time they might buy a Premier League trophy of their own :smug:
Reply 2598
Original post by EmperorMustard
You never know, in 28 years time they might buy a Premier League trophy of their own :smug:

Maybe it'll be a good thing, at least they won't bitch and whine all day about us winning anymore. Turns out most of liverpool have benfica and bayern munich down as their second clubs considering how they cheered when cardozo scored.
Lol i defended you lot on the Arsenal thread:tongue:. Tbf though you guys aren't ***** like them that go around saying 'I hate Man United' or don't get behind English clubs in Europe.