Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    You think we should start using him for cup games like what City do with Pantillimon? But he definitely deserves to be playing every week, just to be keep his rhythm going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    AGAIN BY COURTOIS!!!

And yeah Invincibles I agree... but whatever happens I think we need to loan him to a premier league club so his allegiance doesn't turn to Athletico.
    He's been at Atletico two years and wants to return again next season. I don't think theres any point in loaning him to a mid-table PL club when Atletico will be in the CL next season :confused:

This guy has the potential to be the best keeper in the world. Shame you'll have to sell him because Cech isn't relinquishing his position for at least another 5 years, he has the longevity of Buffon imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    You think we should start using him for cup games like what City do with Pantillimon? But he definitely deserves to be playing every week, just to be keep his rhythm going.
    He's too good to have sitting on the bench for weeks on end, and I don't think it's a good idea to constantly swap keepers every game.

1 more season at Madrid, and I think he'll be ready for 2014/15

ReputationRep:
    It's all kicking off in Madrid, Ronaldo sent off and mass brawl between coaches.

Disgraceful dive by that Atletico player, and Courtois just hit by a object from Real fans...

Wow. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    **** Spanish football. Bunch of petulant actors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    He's been at Atletico two years and wants to return again next season. I don't think theres any point in loaning him to a mid-table PL club when Atletico will be in the CL next season :confused:

This guy has the potential to be the best keeper in the world. Shame you'll have to sell him because Cech isn't relinquishing his position for at least another 5 years, he has the longevity of Buffon imo.
    Cech has had a lot of injury issues and there's been multiple reports of him reitiring earlier than normal.

I believe there were even quotes by Courtois expressing the same thing.

Besides why would we sell him and keep playing Cech if Courtois is playing better. When has sentimentality stopped Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    Courtois will be sold, he's just come a few years too early for Chelsea. They wont have the nerve to displace Cech with him any time soon and he knows he's too good to be second choice.

Such a shame.

ReputationRep:

Fair enough. Although an interesting point Zurich was made was that, if he's lent to a mid-table club like West Ham he'll have a lot of balls flying at him, giving him more practice. But I suppose yeah, he's doing good enough here.

I believe I remember Courtois saying he'd like to play for Chelsea in 2 years. Also, what Tweek said. Hope he doesn't get sold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Fair enough. Although an interesting point Zurich was made was that, if he's lent to a mid-table club like West Ham he'll have a lot of balls flying at him, giving him more practice. But I suppose yeah, he's doing good enough here.

I believe I remember Courtois saying he'd like to play for Chelsea in 2 years. Also, what Tweek said. Hope he doesn't get sold.
    I doubt he'd even want to go there when Atletico are going from strength to strength. Imagine they keep Falcao and make some additions, they could challenge for La Liga next season or at least win another trophy. I think you'll send him on loan again to Atletico and then bring him back for 2014/15 but only use him in cup games or something. I think he will be better than Cech, such a difficult situation to manage tbfh. Never really heard of a team having two top keepers.

One thing I'm wondering is how you've managed to penetrate the Belgium market so well? Courtois, KDB, Hazard, Lukaku.. all potentially world-class players.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt he'd even want to go there when Atletico are going from strength to strength. Imagine they keep Falcao and make some additions, they could challenge for La Liga next season or at least win another trophy. I think you'll send him on loan again to Atletico and then bring him back for 2014/15 but only use him in cup games or something. I think he will be better than Cech, such a difficult situation to manage tbfh. Never really heard of a team having two top keepers.

One thing I'm wondering is how you've managed to penetrate the Belgium market so well? Courtois, KDB, Hazard, Lukaku.. all potentially world-class players.
    Said this yesterday. Done pretty well. Our scouting team has definitely improved the past year. I don't think mourinho will be in a job tomorrow. Nor does he care. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Said this yesterday. Done pretty well. Our scouting team has definitely improved the past year. I don't think mourinho will be in a job tomorrow. Nor does he care. :lol:
    hes made such a mess of things though. rep has taken a hammering tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Mourinho flopped at Madrid tbh. There I said it. Knowing him he'll join Chelsea, recall Courtois and make him no1, and then buy Falcao & Ronaldo. Perfect way to silence his doubters

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho flopped at Madrid tbh. There I said it. Knowing him he'll join Chelsea, recall Courtois and make him no1, and then buy Falcao & Ronaldo. Perfect way to silence his doubters
    Yikes that would be absolutely terrifying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    hes made such a mess of things though. rep has taken a hammering tbh.
    Yeah, tbh the real madrid job is the hardest job in world football. I'd say bayern but they're miles ahead of everyone so will win the league almost every season.
    Although he sounded bitter doing this he named every single manager since heynckes. :lol: he's clearly been trying to get himself sacked, while it's pretty unclassy I think that job is stressful as hell. It's funny how he completely got the better of barca this season and this has been his worst season at the club.

ReputationRep:
    Would be so jokes. Basically recall a bunch of madrid players who were previously brawling with each other a few months ago. At least he'll make our team better in the CL. We'll be joint favourites for the CL next season I feel if he comes and makes a big signing.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think his heart was in it tbh. The expectations were just so much higher. He was loved at all his previous clubs but pretty much despised at Real, and that makes a huge difference. (Yes, I am aware of the hypocrisy in that statement given the Rafa situation )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    I don't think his heart was in it tbh. The expectations were just so much higher. He was loved at all his previous clubs but pretty much despised at Real, and that makes a huge difference. (Yes, I am aware of the hypocrisy in that statement given the Rafa situation )
    Mourinho trolling RM for a 20m payout before taking an even better paid Chelsea job. Guy's rinsing this football management game man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Not even hypocritical. Rafa did it to win trophies and get another job, so he had incentive to do well and focus at chelsea, mourinho is highly regarded, knows he will get a job no matter what at a top club and bar madrid is loved by all the fans, the chairmans and everyone else at the club.

He's not even that much of a flop tbh. 3 semi finals of the CL, a record league title, a copa del rey. Fine he hasn't won the CL but that's the only thing that has eluded him at his time at the club. Funnily enough he won the CL with his 2 weakest clubs he managed in that competition.

ReputationRep:
    Think Madrid put too much focus on "La Decima" basically took over them and put too much pressure.

ReputationRep:
    hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng. Schmeichel-esque

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.