Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Mourinho trolling RM for a 20m payout before taking an even better paid Chelsea job. Guy's rinsing this football management game man
    Tbh real deserve it. Every single season there has been a fallout with mourinho, he's been hammered by the spanish press since day 1 because of his bad blood with barca and his controversy. It's why he makes the whole 'he wants to be somewhere he's loved' while whiny he's got a point. He's absolutely hated in spain and if they could they'd exile him forever.

Can't wait to face madrid in the CL next season. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Real Madrid on Twitter: Mourinho:

"This was the worst season of my career. I don't think Atletico deserve to be champions but they won the title. We had two clear chances on goal, we hit the post 3 times… this is why I think it is unfair."

"This year's campaign was a failure but my first two seasons were successful. I have a contract that is valid for three more years. I still haven't talked to the president about my future."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Not even hypocritical. Rafa did it to win trophies and get another job, so he had incentive to do well and focus at chelsea, mourinho is highly regarded, knows he will get a job no matter what at a top club and bar madrid is loved by all the fans, the chairmans and everyone else at the club.

He's not even that much of a flop tbh. 3 semi finals of the CL, a record league title, a copa del rey. Fine he hasn't won the CL but that's the only thing that has eluded him at his time at the club. Funnily enough he won the CL with his 2 weakest clubs he managed in that competition.
    Yeah true. But support from the fans obviously makes a huge difference for the manager.

He's only considered a flop because so much was expected of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATp7H0dRc6g

Rough translation:
    But, the 3 Champions semi-finals, that, for me personally, don't feed my ego, neither leave me satisfied, may that be very clear, but it must not be easy, and I will explain you why it must not be easy. Because John Toshack, Di Stefano, Antic, Beenhakker, Benito Floro, Arsenio, Fabio Capello, Heynckes, Hiddink, Del Bosque, Queiroz, Camacho, Garcia Remón, Vanderlei Luxemburgo, López Caro, Fabio Capello again, Juande Ramos, Schuster, and Pellegrini, 18 managers in 21 years, 5 Champions semi-finals. The good-for-nothing Mourinho, 3 years, 3 Champions semi-finals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Yeah true. But support from the fans obviously makes a huge difference for the manager.

He's only considered a flop because so much was expected of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATp7H0dRc6g

Rough translation:
    Exactly. Simple as I don't get how a guy who has the la liga record wins is a flop.
    Ridiculous. Flopped to his own expectations, but not to the level of any normal manager at madrid. If this was any other manager no one would complain and say he's a flop. It's ridiculous to say he's a flop. While a terrible season, 2nd in the league, CL semi final, copa del rey final. I don't think it's that bad as people make it out to be.

I think it's mainly because mourinho's bravado usually turns out for the best, the first time in his career where his acheivements(while still good tbh) haven't matched his bravado he's been criticized absolutely heavily for it.

ReputationRep:
    According to some media outlets, Mourinho left the stadium when he was sent off.

Must be trying to get himself sacked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    According to some media outlets, Mourinho left the stadium when he was sent off.

Must be trying to get himself sacked.
    Lol, I don't know how much more untenable he can possibly make his position. He's got himself sent off, benches the captain, basically ****s off his player in public. He doesn't want to be there, but I think perez likes him. Mourinho is probably rubbing his hands at the 20 million pound pay off.

Tbh if I was hated by a whole country and people complain about my job when I have been doing fairly well I'd do the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Lol, I don't know how much more untenable he can possibly make his position. He's got himself sent off, benches the captain, basically ****s off his player in public. He doesn't want to be there, but I think perez likes him. Mourinho is probably rubbing his hands at the 20 million pound pay off.

Tbh if I was hated by a whole country and people complain about my job when I have been doing fairly well I'd do the same thing.
    Madrid won't pay him 20mil.

All they need to do is appoint a new manager and leave Mourinho on gardening leave. If he takes up a new job, he's not entitled to his contractual entitlement of the remainder of his contract.

If he's stubborn, he might spend a season on the beach taking Madrid's money, but he won't stay out of a job any longer.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think Mou's getting a bit more senile and cranky these days :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Anyone else think Mou's getting a bit more senile and cranky these days :erm:
    Tbh the madrid job is pretty stressful. Plus he's usually pissy when he doesn't win. Completely fits real madrid tbh considering the way they act when they're not winning a match.

ReputationRep:
    Adidas did a great little thing for Lampard the other day.

Watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjRpfz8-fdQ

ReputationRep:
    It's amazing how I can dislike Chelsea so much and yet Lampard seems like one of the nicest, most down to earth guys you'll ever meet. He's a contrast to Terry and Cole!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Adidas did a great little thing for Lampard the other day.

Watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjRpfz8-fdQ
    Cheers, great watch :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Good watch cannotbelieveit.

--

Rumours that Moutinho's linked with Monaco too

ReputationRep:
    Jose does look like a bit of a broken man at the moment, not surprised considering how he is being treated. Madrid give far too much power to their captain, it was exactly the same with Raul. I hope he comes back here asap on a mission to prove everyone in Spain wrong. A lot of poisonous characters in Real's dressing room, I imagine Jose wanted to cut away those elements and move on with Real being the better for it, but obviously things haven't worked out that way.

Pity that Essien had to spend a year stuck in such a horrible environment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Jose does look like a bit of a broken man at the moment, not surprised considering how he is being treated. Madrid give far too much power to their captain, it was exactly the same with Raul. I hope he comes back here asap on a mission to prove everyone in Spain wrong. A lot of poisonous characters in Real's dressing room, I imagine Jose wanted to cut away those elements and move on with Real being the better for it, but obviously things haven't worked out that way.

Pity that Essien had to spend a year stuck in such a horrible environment.
    I'd say we've been guilty of that ourselves when AVB was here and refusing to play Terry and Lampard. Although Mourinho is obviously a more adamant character than AVB and wouldn't fold to the pressure from the fans and media.

He's leaving Real in tatters tbh. Seems like a job invitation for Rafa :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Personally I backed AVB in his attempts to phase out older players, the reason he came under heat imo was more to do with the ultra high line being embarrassingly naive (and he just would not change it no matter how many times it embarrassed us :facepalm2:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng. Schmeichel-esque
    cannot believe ozil missed that. really disappointed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Personally I backed AVB in his attempts to phase out older players, the reason he came under heat imo was more to do with the ultra high line being embarrassingly naive (and he just would not change it no matter how many times it embarrassed us :facepalm2:)
    Yeah same here tbh. I didn't mind, but I was just annoyed with his tactics. Lampard plays but he's been phased out a little by benitez rotating, same thing goes for terry although he's been phased out much more and it's not really costed us that much.

(Original post by Isometrix)
    I'd say we've been guilty of that ourselves when AVB was here and refusing to play Terry and Lampard. Although Mourinho is obviously a more adamant character than AVB and wouldn't fold to the pressure from the fans and media.

He's leaving Real in tatters tbh. Seems like a job invitation for Rafa :beard:
    Personally think rafa will get and should get the madrid job.

ReputationRep:
    Rumours that Moutinho's linked with Monaco too [/QUOTE]
    Moutinho. Well this reminds me of the pastore thing. He would have surely been an interesting signing for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahmetk)
    cannot believe ozil missed that. really disappointed
    Courtois saved it...............

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.