Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and who was saying that lukaku was a waste of money and was just arrogant? If we had lukaku, ba, sturridge and torres next season we would have been an absolute force in attack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    What did I get quoted for haha
    Lukaku, but I'm watching the highlights now, come to find that lukaku has got a hattrick.

HOLY **** what did I just see!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Lukaku, but I'm watching the highlights now, come to find that lukaku has got a hattrick.
    Oh right haha! Was like I never talked about Benitez

Yeah he was monstrous.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right haha! Was like I never talked about Benitez

Yeah he was monstrous.
    We're winning the title next season. :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    We're winning the title next season. :sogood:
    Definitely see you guys there or thereabouts. Between you, United and City

ReputationRep:
    Wrt torres, I think we should play him at the start of the season, take him out of the team in november then play him late on in the season seems like that's his good months.
    Definitely see you guys there or thereabouts. Between you, United and City
    I like the fact that we also have 3 strikers for next season, I don't think we'll go 4-3-3, we'll do it once or twice though. I'm just wondering how we are going to fit all our players. I can see 3atb next season, especially when we are in losing positions as mou does that quite a lot with madrid.

I think it'll be chelsea first(85-90), city second(85-90) and united third(80-85) I thought we'd make second place this year and come first next year but I'm still confident we'd win the title if we can get a signing or two.

ReputationRep:
    One thing I've noticed is that Torres looks a lot happier. Earlier in the season when he wasn't as good, whenever he scored (whatever type of goal) he'd give pretty lackluster expressions and not any 'big' celebrations. But recently when he's scored he seemed a lot more cheerful, and his subsequent performances have been pretty good (not just the goals scored). Hopefully he keeps this up and regains more confidence, if we are to keep him next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    One thing I've noticed is that Torres looks a lot happier. Earlier in the season when he wasn't as good, whenever he scored (whatever type of goal) he'd give pretty lackluster expressions and not any 'big' celebrations. But recently when he's scored he seemed a lot more cheerful, and his subsequent performances have been pretty good (not just the goals scored). Hopefully he keeps this up and regains more confidence, if we are to keep him next season.
    Think you should keep him tbh unless a big offer comes in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lukaku you ****ing beast. Please please please (x100), call him back for next season.

ReputationRep:
    Will repeat it again - we don't need any new players. Shouldn't send any more players out on loan.

ReputationRep:
    Aye, recall Lukaku and KdB and we're pretty much good to go.

ReputationRep:
    I think a winger is needed. Unless we want to play torres there, we have 2 injuries in the winger position and we're forced to play marin there.
    But yes we should see our players that we recall off loan.

ReputationRep:
    I think a winger is needed.
    Bale :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, if we got Bale...

ReputationRep:
    I think a winger is needed. Unless we want to play torres there, we have 2 injuries in the winger position and we're forced to play marin there.
    But yes we should see our players that we recall off loan.
    Well the Schurrle deal is supposedly done which gives us more depth. Mata/Hazard/Oscar/Marin/Schurrle/Moses/KdB potentially seems enough. And they all seem fairly interchangeable regarding the potential of using them as pure wingers in a 4-3-3 or as the fluid trio we have at the moment.

Also, supposed to be making an enquiry into Luke Shaw this week, according to the indisputable truth that is the Daily Mail; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Luke-Shaw.html

Interestingly it points out the power Emelano will still have even if Mourinho does come back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billybo_h)
    Well the Schurrle deal is supposedly done which gives us more depth. Mata/Hazard/Oscar/Marin/Schurrle/Moses/KdB potentially seems enough. And they all seem fairly interchangeable regarding the potential of using them as pure wingers in a 4-3-3 or as the fluid trio we have at the moment.

Also, supposed to be making an enquiry into Luke Shaw this week, according to the indisputable truth that is the Daily Mail; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Luke-Shaw.html

Interestingly it points out the power Emelano will still have even if Mourinho does come back.
    Agree here tbf. Hopefully de bruyne comes in to shine at day one, Still need a CM, luiz is great there but we need a guy who can dictate a game like he can but is just as good defensively, romeu would be decent there I guess but I'd like him to be loaned out.

ReputationRep:
    GK: Cech, Turnbull

RB: Azpilicueta, Ivanovic
    CB: Terry, Cahill, Luiz
    LB: Cole, Bertrand

DM: Luiz, Mikel, Romeu
    CM: Lampard, Ramires

AMR: Oscar, Moses, Marin
    CAM: Mata, KdB
    AML: Hazard, Schurrle

ST: Lukaku, Torres, Ba

Like Jam says, we could do with a CM but we are getting Essien back and I have a feeling Mou would utilise him too.

ReputationRep:
    Without a single buy, we could have a team of:

Mata - Torres - Hazard
    Oscar - Ramires
    Luiz
    A. Cole - Terry - Ivanovic - Azpilicueta
    Cech

With a bench of: Courtois, Lukaku, Chalobah, Lampard, De Bruyne, Moses, Ba, Mikel, Bertrand, Cahill, McEachran, Essien, Romeu

Which is ridiculous tbh. That's a bench capable of playing in the top 10 of the premier league. A single purchase will affect the progress of any of the players on the bench.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    GK: Cech, Turnbull

RB: Azpilicueta, Ivanovic
    CB: Terry, Cahill, Luiz
    LB: Cole, Bertrand

DM: Luiz, Mikel, Romeu
    CM: Lampard, Ramires

AMR: Oscar, Moses, Marin
    CAM: Mata, KdB
    AML: Hazard, Schurrle

ST: Lukaku, Torres, Ba

Like Jam says, we could do with a CM but we are getting Essien back and I have a feeling Mou would utilise him too.
    Tbf, with essien back we'll see if mourinho can get him into top form. Mourinho was never the kind of person to make a full on flashy superstar team anyway, he'd buy good players and then fit them into his system with squad players. Even at madrid di maria, khedira and ozil weren't really superstars in comparison to the players pellegrini brought in the previous year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Without a single buy, we could have a team of:

Mata - Torres - Hazard
    Oscar - Ramires
    Luiz
    A. Cole - Terry - Ivanovic - Azpilicueta
    Cech

With a bench of: Courtois, Lukaku, Chalobah, Lampard, De Bruyne, Moses, Ba, Mikel, Bertrand, Cahill, McEachran, Essien, Romeu

Which is ridiculous tbh. That's a bench capable of playing in the top 10 of the premier league. A single purchase will affect the progress of any of the players on the bench.
    Yeah, but are we really going to leave courtois on the bench, chalobah should be playing regularly for a club in the PL, Mceachran could do with another loan to show his worth and I still have reservations with the DLP as luiz is the only one who suits a DLP and a BBM role in the team.

Plus anyway ramires isn't good enough to be a starter imo, While he has strengths he's not technical enough for my liking and doesn't have the football brain of someone like muller/gomez.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.