Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)

36 assists from Mata? That's ridiculous! His goal tally and assists tally shows how well he plays just behind the striker.
    Yeah, Mata is the best in that position in the league no doubt, although I think ozil and iniesta obviously surpass him(although ozil wasn't at his best this season)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    There's being happy with the result and then there's just ****ting on other supporters. Yeah there's rivalry and it's banter and what not, but about 90% of the Arsenal fans on here went over to the Spurs thread just to take the piss, or came and posted in here to try and downplay our victory when we won the EL whilst *****ing about it for several pages in your own thread, and you weren't involved in that in the slightest. I guess it just seems like a lot of you care more other teams performances than your own club's success.
    I may be looking through the Chelsea thread at 4.59 in the morning, but that does not deter the credibility of my next couple of points:
    - If anything, it's Spurs who look at us, not the other way round- also no one in AFC apart from szczesny gave any of the big talk unlike spurs did for the last couple of seasons
    - You won the Europa League- which is good, but let's face it- no one really treasures it hugely- it seems more of a burden than top clubs (which include Chelsea) actually look forward to. That;s not to say that we (AFC) would've won it- and I would like to see us do better in the Champs League.
    - Wrt to some of the others in here- we gotthe fourth highest number of points- and hence we deserved to be in the CL. Also our record in the CL is still much better than many teams there- we don't exactly go out in the group stages do we? We do compete and are a force, albeit not a 'Tier 1' opponent like Barca, Bayern would be etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)

36 assists from Mata? That's ridiculous! His goal tally and assists tally shows how well he plays just behind the striker.
    With that team you under-performed this season, and I hope it continues with Mourinho

ReputationRep:
    The assists figured are probably out a bit, doesnt mata take all of your set pieces? you score a lot from them which would explain his absurdly high assist amount

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxbradkennedyxx)
    The assists figured are probably out a bit, doesnt mata take all of your set pieces? you score a lot from them which would explain his absurdly high assist amount
    He takes most of the corners but free kicks have been mainly taken by Luiz and Lampard this season with the occasional left foot of Mata.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    I may be looking through the Chelsea thread at 4.59 in the morning, but that does not deter the credibility of my next couple of points:
    - If anything, it's Spurs who look at us, not the other way round- also no one in AFC apart from szczesny gave any of the big talk unlike spurs did for the last couple of seasons
    - You won the Europa League- which is good, but let's face it- no one really treasures it hugely- it seems more of a burden than top clubs (which include Chelsea) actually look forward to. That;s not to say that we (AFC) would've won it- and I would like to see us do better in the Champs League.
    - Wrt to some of the others in here- we gotthe fourth highest number of points- and hence we deserved to be in the CL. Also our record in the CL is still much better than many teams there- we don't exactly go out in the group stages do we? We do compete and are a force, albeit not a 'Tier 1' opponent like Barca, Bayern would be etc.
    You completely missed the point. I'm not talking about Arsenal as a club, or saying you didn't deserve to come forth/be in the CL, I'm talking about the fans on here, who's attitudes seem to be fairly consistent with those of other Arsenal supporters on other forums/etc. i visit.

Look at the Spurs thread, it's barely active and had about three posts in the last week until yesterday, when pretty much every Arsenal fan took it upon themselves to go over there and take the piss. You beat them to 4th ffs, not to 1st. Congratulations and all but you just embarrassed yourselves. No one's making out the EL to be the biggest achievement ever, yet when we won it, several Arsenal fans still took it upon themselves to come and post in here trying to downplay it, whilst having a several page ***** about how it "means nothing" and "i'd rather not win it" in your own thread. On here, every club has the odd troll who seems to enjoy posting in other threads being a **** but it seems like the majority of Arsenal fans are at it. As I said, it's like you care more about other teams underachieving than your own club's success, and yet always seem to be the first to criticise any questionable actions of another club/their fans.

ReputationRep:
    Lampard on TalkSport if anyone's interested.

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...Chelsea-return

Can only mean that he'll be announced soon enough as Chelsea manager? I call him to be announced in say a couple of weeks or so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...Chelsea-return

Can only mean that he'll be announced soon enough as Chelsea manager? I call him to be announced in say a couple of weeks or so?
    I reckon we'll know by June 1st, perhaps even the end of this week.

ReputationRep:
    Real Madrid have announced a press conference tonight at 7pm BST so perhaps they'll announced something them.

edit: didn't read the article fully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Lampard on TalkSport if anyone's interested.
    Good interview, consummate professional, he's a top guy for not wanting to play in England if Chelsea didn't renew. Him and Terry are the last of their kind at Chelsea, I can't see anyone else who there who bleeds Chelsea 24/7.

ReputationRep:
    Benitez heading to Napoli, he will do a fantastic job there. Wouldn't be surprised if Cavani stays now.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on winning the EL. Also pleased for El Nino to score an important goal in the final.

Even though I maintain that Rafa has done a satisfactory job with the talented squad he had at his disposal, he still deserves credit for getting 3rd place and winning the EL.

Btw, if Jose comes back to Chelsea, does anyone worry that he won't do well this time around?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Benitez heading to Napoli, he will do a fantastic job there. Wouldn't be surprised if Cavani stays now.
    Can't lie, that's a very good appointment. He thoroughly deserves that job too. I reckon he'll do a similar job to the liverpool job I think.
    (Original post by Cable)
    Congrats on winning the EL. Also pleased for El Nino to score an important goal in the final.

Even though I maintain that Rafa has done a satisfactory job with the talented squad he had at his disposal, he still deserves credit for getting 3rd place and winning the EL.

Btw, if Jose comes back to Chelsea, does anyone worry that he won't do well this time around?
    Agree here, like I said before for a good/great season we'd have to get any two of 2nd, FA cup or EL.

At least we get credit for winning a trophy, one that english clubs have underperformed in as well despite even better teams than us being in the competition.

Na, he'll be fine most teams are in transition, our team has pretty much transitioned itself for mourinho to use and will only get better. Next season will be one of the best in PL history.

ReputationRep:
    Slight downer here, considering our board it was clear RDM wasn't wanted in the first place, he should have left on a high and I wouldn't have begrudged him leaving. I wanted us to bring in capello last season for a year or two but at least we're likely to get mourinho back, so it pans out well enough at the end.

(Original post by sevchenko)
    Good interview, consummate professional, he's a top guy for not wanting to play in England if Chelsea didn't renew. Him and Terry are the last of their kind at Chelsea, I can't see anyone else who there who bleeds Chelsea 24/7.
    For the englishmen yes. I think people like luiz and mata will be there for a long time. Imagine if zola was in our team. :sogood: zola deserved more trophies than he got with us.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon Hazard will be poached in a few years :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    You completely missed the point. I'm not talking about Arsenal as a club, or saying you didn't deserve to come forth/be in the CL, I'm talking about the fans on here, who's attitudes seem to be fairly consistent with those of other Arsenal supporters on other forums/etc. i visit.

Look at the Spurs thread, it's barely active and had about three posts in the last week until yesterday, when pretty much every Arsenal fan took it upon themselves to go over there and take the piss. You beat them to 4th ffs, not to 1st. Congratulations and all but you just embarrassed yourselves. No one's making out the EL to be the biggest achievement ever, yet when we won it, several Arsenal fans still took it upon themselves to come and post in here trying to downplay it, whilst having a several page ***** about how it "means nothing" and "i'd rather not win it" in your own thread. On here, every club has the odd troll who seems to enjoy posting in other threads being a **** but it seems like the majority of Arsenal fans are at it. As I said, it's like you care more about other teams underachieving than your own club's success, and yet always seem to be the first to criticise any questionable actions of another club/their fans.
    Yes I did miss the point, I got three instead

:getmecoat:

AFC get a lot of stick from other clubs, pundits etc. so we have the right to give it back.
    I'm also pretty sure that all the users who troll other threads still post more on their own clubs page, in other words: they don't care more about other clubs than their own.
    A couple of forums are not representative of our fan base as you may know.
    And so what if we celebrate that we beat them to 4th. It's bragging rights but more importantly Champions League. Though I do admit, it's disappointing that 3rd or 4th is our target nowadays, rather than actually competing for the league.
    Next season will be determined on whether:
    1) Giroud or Podolski improve
    2) Koscielny and Mertesacker stay consistent
    3) Wilshere is not injured
    4) Who we buy in the transfer window

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho exit at end of season confirmed http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/22593050

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    I reckon Hazard will be poached in a few years :\
    Why? and by who? If Mourinho joins you guys shouldn't regress. its not like you guys need money as well

Only player who I think could be nicked is Courtois

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Can't lie, that's a very good appointment. He thoroughly deserves that job too. I reckon he'll do a similar job to the liverpool job I think.

Agree here, like I said before for a good/great season we'd have to get any two of 2nd, FA cup or EL.

At least we get credit for winning a trophy, one that english clubs have underperformed in as well despite even better teams than us being in the competition.

Na, he'll be fine most teams are in transition, our team has pretty much transitioned itself for mourinho to use and will only get better. Next season will be one of the best in PL history.
    Hope so.

Jose didn't have a good time at Real. So I'm scared it might have affected him badly and won't recover properly. Time will tell.

With Chelsea's current squad and some smart additions/recalls in the summer, it should be a very exciting season for Chelsea next season.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.