Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Me too!

70m euros for Moutinho and Rodriguez. Jeez, how much money have Porto raked in from transfer income alone in the last 5-10 years? :lolwut:
    Think it's somewhere near €400m in profit over last 10 years

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    Played well, got a few decent tackles in against the likes of Tevez, and stuck in line well with Cahill. Solid performance. Loftus-Cheek was rather outstanding for his age.
    Nice to hear. Yeah I have a friend who played with him at Chelsea academy he is apparently incredible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone want to talk about delusional arsenal fans? kids in my school saying how they would rather get through the groups stages of the champions league then win the europa like us mighty blues!! they havent one a trophy in 8 years, id be pretty desperate for some silver wear no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rossmafudge)
    anyone want to talk about delusional arsenal fans? kids in my school saying how they would rather get through the groups stages of the champions league then win the europa like us mighty blues!! they havent one a trophy in 8 years, id be pretty desperate for some silver wear no?
    Tell them how was their UEFA cup final back in 2000?
    In all seriousness meh people like to defend their team, people who genuinely think that making it out of the CL and getting knocked out in the round of 16 is better than winning the europa is pretty deluded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    Benitez appointed as Napoli boss according to reports.
    Glad he's going straight back into a job, deserves it. Hope he does well.

Wondering who'll hire RDM though.
    Personally I feel that with RDM he's too risky for any job. He's probably too big for jobs such as norwich/villa etc. but not been at the top long enough like guardiola and benitez(both fast tracked into top level management) to really be considered for most of the top jobs. He'll be a decent manager when a goodish english team manager is sacked(everton e.g.) but I don't see him getting another big break any time soon. It's a shame personally, seeing as many other managers had similar breakthroughs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rossmafudge)
    Would take a CL quarter final over the Europa league tbf, but it's a nice addition to the trophy cabinet. It's also given some of the new players a "taste" for success, and hopefully it drives their hunger for bigger achievements. We need to do better in Europe next season, that's for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Would take a CL quarter final over the Europa league tbf, but it's a nice addition to the trophy cabinet. It's also given some of the new players a "taste" for success, and hopefully it drives their hunger for bigger achievements. We need to do better in Europe next season, that's for sure.
    Quarter final, but not getting knocked out in the round of 16, it's like saying they'd rather not win the league cup and get to the semis of the FA cup than get knocked out in the 3rd round of the FA cup and win the league cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Quarter final, but not getting knocked out in the round of 16, it's like saying they'd rather not win the league cup and get to the semis of the FA cup than get knocked out in the 3rd round of the FA cup and win the league cup.
    Yeah that's true. Especially when you consider that the competition in the Europa from the semi finals onwards is on par with some of the group stage teams in the CL. So getting to the round of 16 is no feat to boast about really, pretty average achievement for a team like Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    can i add that we have won 11 in the last 10 years (i think?) so yes we could say, meh it would have been more respectable to get to the quarters.

they have won nothing and wouldnt have won the europa had they been in it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's true. Especially when you consider that the competition in the Europa from the semi finals onwards is on par with some of the group stage teams in the CL. So getting to the round of 16 is no feat to boast about really, pretty average achievement for a team like Arsenal.
    I'd say from the quarter finals onwards you'd have group stage teams or teams capable of qualifying from there(not even including the likes of napoli, leverkusen and atletico who got knocked out rather early in comparison to their squad strength). From the semi final onwards you have teams just about capable of making the quarters of the CL(benfica and chelsea are the main cases)

ReputationRep:
    Wait, we lost to Monaco in 2004? I didn't even remember... were they good back then or was it just lucky?

EDIT: Actually I can vaguely remember it... Morientes...

EDIT2: Oh I forgot Ranieri is their manager now... hopefully we meet them again, lol!

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho is coming back ^^
    time to rool again

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think about Benteke at chelsea next season? Worth a bid?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure anymore. I really wanted Benteke before but after reading some comments by others (mainly Arsenal fans) I've changed my mind. Definitely not for 25m anyways. Lukaku is the same - but he can better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christopher23)
    Him and Lukaku are essentially the same type of player!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Wait, we lost to Monaco in 2004? I didn't even remember... were they good back then or was it just lucky?

EDIT: Actually I can vaguely remember it... Morientes...

EDIT2: Oh I forgot Ranieri is their manager now... hopefully we meet them again, lol!
    Deschamps was the manager, they also had evra at the time.
    Hopefully we meet them again and ranieri will play his DM at right back and his right back at centre back against us this time :facepalm2:

Not worth a bid. Why stifle the progress of one of the two belgian talents, he deserves to be at another club, let lukaku shine here and benteke shine at another big club. Makes it fun tbh. Plus anyway lukaku, torres and ba would be more than enough for next season.

ReputationRep:
    Him and Lukaku are essentially the same type of player!
    true, so in light of lukaku possibly returning to the squad, do you think with Ba and Torres.. do we really need another striker this summer? Ive been hearing things about Cavani maybe coming.

ReputationRep:
    true, so in light of lukaku possibly returning to the squad, do you think with Ba and Torres.. do we really need another striker this summer? Ive been hearing things about Cavani maybe coming.
    Allow Cavani, I think we should be set with those three. I guess we'll have a look in pre-season as to how well Lukaku fits in with the three playing behind him, because he was playing in a different system at West Brom. But there's no reason why he can't continue from where he left off from this season.

ReputationRep:
    No need for cavani personally. That's 4 strikers for one position most likely. Ba and torres will be good enough for backups, we'd rotate them for CL matches and that too.

ReputationRep:
    KTBFFH

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.