Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Lol I love that URL - often makes me laugh.

Don't really want Cavani but if we must... I'd rather spend more money on another winger + midfielder. Don't watch Dutch football so I don't know how good this guy is, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Very true, he'll be determined to prove a point against Inter at the very least.

Tall order to catch up to Juventus though and I'd imagine both Milan teams will spend to catch up.
    I reckon he would be battling with inter for third place, his job would be made much easier if they keep hold of cavani and hamsik though. How are their financial situation i.e. their transfer kitty this summer?

Inter is a weird case, I reckon they'll be up for a top 3 spot with mazzari though. I think benitez should use the napoli job as a stop gap as he'll struggle to get into the CL consistently once inter get back up there.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Monaco are looking to buy Ivanovic for 25m... :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I reckon he would be battling with inter for third place, his job would be made much easier if they keep hold of cavani and hamsik though. How are their financial situation i.e. their transfer kitty this summer?

Inter is a weird case, I reckon they'll be up for a top 3 spot with mazzari though. I think benitez should use the napoli job as a stop gap as he'll struggle to get into the CL consistently once inter get back up there.
    You underrate Napoli so much.

ReputationRep:

It's difficult to call Serie A for Next season. Juve will win the whole thing. Napoli have a quality team but Cavani isn't key to scoring goals for them, the reason why he scores so much is because of the quality players behind him. Hamsik will stay, so if Rafa buys a decent striker and a new GK Napoli will finish second.

I don't rate Inter to make top 3, they'll be luck to get Europa League, their still rebuilding they cant afford the additional quality in the window. AC Milan will add the quality, I reckon AC and Napoli will challenge for the title.

ReputationRep:
    Inter have faded big time.
    The Italian league in itself is not very good - lacks energy and something unique/special which all the other leagues have.
    One factor why the Italian league is in a gradual decline is the fact that all of the Italian old guards are now on the virge of retiring.
    The only 1 player I can name who is actually below the age of 26 for Italy is Balloteli.
    It's actually scary to realize that there are no Italian players in the EPL. (correct me if I'm on wrong)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    You underrate Napoli so much.
    Not even. They have a good squad. But I remember those people last season telling me that napoli were better than chelsea because of their front 3 and we all saw how that turned out when they came to stamford bridge and got spanked 4-1 because our manager actually knew tactics than doing a stupid ass highline all game. If anything everyone overrates napoli.

Anyway besides the point Milan obviously improved massively with a transition squad and balotelli coming in, so they will be infront of napoli next season challenging juve for the title. Wrt inter it all depends on whether they can get their transition going smoothly but tbh I see them coming 4th or something next season with napoli 3rd.

But hey I underrate napoli. Milan improved majorly with balotelli and have a very young squad in transition that underwent one of their worst starts to a season and their best CB's and striker leaving, juve are the strongest team by a good distance, I guess I can't say that napoli will likely come third next season...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Inter have faded big time.
    The Italian league in itself is not very good - lacks energy and something unique/special which all the other leagues have.
    One factor why the Italian league is in a gradual decline is the fact that all of the Italian old guards are now on the virge of retiring.
    The only 1 player I can name who is actually below the age of 26 for Italy is Balloteli.
    It's actually scary to realize that there are no Italian players in the EPL. (correct me if I'm on wrong)
    First thing right.
    Second thing well depends on the team but yes not as physical as the prem.
    Third thing is bull****. El shawaary, de sciglio come to mind, verrati from PSG too.
    No quality italian players, but that has been the case. Only italian with a league title since the PL started in 1993 is balotelli, despite italy winning the world cup, winning the CL 2 times in 5 years between 03-07 they stay in their league. Can say the same thing with english players in la liga.

(Original post by sevchenko)
    It's difficult to call Serie A for Next season. Juve will win the whole thing. Napoli have a quality team but Cavani isn't key to scoring goals for them, the reason why he scores so much is because of the quality players behind him. Hamsik will stay, so if Rafa buys a decent striker and a new GK Napoli will finish second.

I don't rate Inter to make top 3, they'll be luck to get Europa League, their still rebuilding they cant afford the additional quality in the window. AC Milan will add the quality, I reckon AC and Napoli will challenge for the title.
    I guess so. Although mazzari is clearly a great manager, who got sampdoria on the map and also got napoli in this position right now. So that's a big factor. Plus anyway inter suffered major injuries in the second half of the season, if all their players are fit next season I could see them making a challenge for top 3. I think they'll come 4th though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Apparently Monaco are looking to buy Ivanovic for 25m... :lol:
    Would sell in a hearbeat. I love ivan but 25 for him I'd sell in a heartbeat and get another CB.

ReputationRep:
    Would sell in a hearbeat. I love ivan but 25 for him I'd sell in a heartbeat and get another CB.
    Same even though I really don't think Ivan is worth that much. Not sure why the Monaco owner wouldn't rather spend the money on someone like Vertonghen who's better + younger. Who would you replace him with btw?

I should probably delete this post soon in case the owner reads this :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Not even. They have a good squad. But I remember those people last season telling me that napoli were better than chelsea because of their front 3 and we all saw how that turned out when they came to stamford bridge and got spanked 4-1 because our manager actually knew tactics than doing a stupid ass highline all game. If anything everyone overrates napoli.

Anyway besides the point Milan obviously improved massively with a transition squad and balotelli coming in, so they will be infront of napoli next season challenging juve for the title. Wrt inter it all depends on whether they can get their transition going smoothly but tbh I see them coming 4th or something next season with napoli 3rd.

But hey I underrate napoli. Milan improved majorly with balotelli and have a very young squad in transition that underwent one of their worst starts to a season and their best CB's and striker leaving, juve are the strongest team by a good distance, I guess I can't say that napoli will likely come third next season...
    Yeah true. But your making it seem as if Inter are going to charge back up to the top next season, which clearly isn't the case. Mazzari is a good manager don't get me wrong but their squad is poor so they will be in a transition season. While if Napoli keep hold of Hamsik and Cavani they will be up there again. You also have to add in the fact that Rafa is a good manager so they will almost certainly finish in the top three. I need to find out what Napoli's transfer budget is cause if they have a decent amount then things could get interesting, I think they will be fighting it out with Milan for second. Milan need to buy a lot of players to challenge for the title, annoying thing with Serie A is that Juve are ahead of everyone else but then the teams behind them are quite even. Need the likes of Inter, Milan and Napoli to make additions and then it will get extremely interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Yeah true. But your making it seem as if Inter are going to charge back up to the top next season, which clearly isn't the case. Mazzari is a good manager don't get me wrong but their squad is poor so they will be in a transition season. While if Napoli keep hold of Hamsik and Cavani they will be up there again. You also have to add in the fact that Rafa is a good manager so they will almost certainly finish in the top three. I need to find out what Napoli's transfer budget is cause if they have a decent amount then things could get interesting, I think they will be fighting it out with Milan for second. Milan need to buy a lot of players to challenge for the title, annoying thing with Serie A is that Juve are ahead of everyone else but then the teams behind them are quite even. Need the likes of Inter, Milan and Napoli to make additions and then it will get extremely interesting
    I agree, it depends on whether they keep cavani and hamsik. Keeping those two will almost certainly get them in top 3. But a loss to them and lack of refunding could take them out of the top 3.

I think that with milan they don't need too many signings, they were in transition and handled it very well, attacking wise they're sound but they won't be above juve come the end of the season. I don't know napoli's transfer budget but apparently they're fine financially so we'll have to see how things progress. Although if they get big money for cavani/hamsik they could reinvest that in the squad :dontknow:

The other reason I said inter is because they're out of europe, so can focus entirely on the league. As the season goes on I expect them to show form but they won't be showing immediate fireworks, hopefully they don't undergo an injury crisis though.

Anyway we'll take this to the italian thread.

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys and welcome to the new chelsea thread.

Number 17, future chelsea legend and best player in the world
    Now this made my day, just priceless.. best player in the World? Mate... get off it!!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DentalPlan4lisa)
    What trolling? You just can't throw accusations at people who disagree with you.

BTW, you failed at trying to imply I'm Stupid. You said "future Chelsea legend and best player in the world." That could mean two things; what you are trying to say you meant or that you meant he is currently the best player in the world. It's your fault for not using appropriate grammar to make points.
    Have you watched Hazard in a single game this season? He's young and has so much potential, every time he's been on the ball he has made an impact. I'd much rather have Hazard than Bale in our squad, any day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    Have you watched Hazard in a single game this season? He's young and has so much potential, every time he's been on the ball he has made an impact. I'd much rather have Hazard than Bale in our squad, any day.
    Same here.. Not because Hazard is better than Bale, but because the bloke is still 22.. I never implied that Hazard hasn't got massive potential, but best player in the world or even best player in the world in the future, I doubt.

ReputationRep:
    Marca report that José Mourinho will be announced as the official new manager of Chelsea on June 2nd.

Urghhhh can we please have a more reliable source already?! The suspense is too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Marca report that José Mourinho will be announced as the official new manager of Chelsea on June 2nd.

Urghhhh can we please have a more reliable source already?! The suspense is too much.
    Just consider it already confirmed. It's easier that way. It's clearly going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    With higuain, the CL and the PL are arsenal's to lose too right?
    Calls me an idiot. I prove myself, you then complain about grammar, you're looking for arguments.
    I'm not looking for arguments. The only reason I have had any issues with you was because I was under the impression you were Arsenal.. but I guess you're a Chelsea fan that likes commenting on the ins and outs of Arsenal? What I'm saying is, if you don't even like Arsenal, sod off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DentalPlan4lisa)
    I'm not looking for arguments. The only reason I have had any issues with you was because I was under the impression you were Arsenal.. but I guess you're a Chelsea fan that likes commenting on the ins and outs of Arsenal? What I'm saying is, if you don't even like Arsenal, sod off.
    Aren't you an Arsenal fan commenting on the Chelsea thread? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conzy210)
    Aren't you an Arsenal fan commenting on the Chelsea thread? :rolleyes:
    You're an astute one aren't ya.. I've posted like 3 times on this thread. Jam227 fingerprints are all over the Arsenal thread, god, I wouldn't be surprised if he started it :rolleyes:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.