Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Our squad management has never been in control of a manager under RA, perhaps only during the early Mourinho years.

Emenalo is a joke, his only management experience was coaching an Under-12 American Girls 'soccer' team. The Chelsea hierarchy is decided by who sucks up to Abramovich most. It's Abramovich's money and he can do what he pleases with it, but I wish he could get a better board. The whole lot, Buck, Gourley, Emenalo, they're a bunch of clueless mugs, only there to advance their own agenda.
    I think Emenalo's talented tbh, and I think Roman and co have seen that talent. Responsible for most of our youngsters now on loan and doing exceptionally well. He doesn't seem all that interested in the actual management side of things either.

Apparently also offered to resign to make Mourinho's appointment a possibility, but Roman rejected the offer. Thinks both Mourinho and Emenalo can work together.

If Mourinho lets his ego go a little, I think him and Emenalo could work well together. If the story about Emenalo offering to resign is actuall true (the times/guardian reported it), then he clearly cares about CFC a great deal, and respects and appreciates Mourinho - despite the latter's flaws.

I'm not a fan of the chief exec's/chairmen though. Get the impression that they stray a lot from the business side of things and speak to Roman about footballing matters.

ReputationRep:
    Has there been any developments on the story regarding Mourinho ? all i can see so far is The Sun claiming it to be true and official , but times/guardian/bbc haven't reported it so wondering whats going on there ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    Has there been any developments on the story regarding Mourinho ? all i can see so far is The Sun claiming it to be true and official , but times/guardian/bbc haven't reported it so wondering whats going on there ?
    2nd June, all will be revealed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    I think Emenalo's talented tbh, and I think Roman and co have seen that talent.
    I agree, he's made some quality signings. He's also an absolute tank and looks ready to smash anyone that crosses him. If he sorts out our central midfield and our striker situation then I'll have complete faith in him.

ReputationRep:
    2nd June, all will be revealed.
    major anticlimax if nothing happens tomorrow haha

ReputationRep:
    not transfer news but still pretty awesome..

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/brazilian-names-son-leandro-lampard-chelsea-star-084744785.html

ReputationRep:
    Schurlle would add some pace to the wing, with hazard on the other side. Jose is likely to return to a 4-3-3 so this isn't a bad move IMO

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Our squad management has never been in control of a manager under RA, perhaps only during the early Mourinho years.

Emenalo is a joke, his only management experience was coaching an Under-12 American Girls 'soccer' team. The Chelsea hierarchy is decided by who sucks up to Abramovich most. It's Abramovich's money and he can do what he pleases with it, but I wish he could get a better board. The whole lot, Buck, Gourley, Emenalo, they're a bunch of clueless mugs, only there to advance their own agenda.
    Under Emenalo we've signed Mata, Hazard, Courtois, Moses, Oscar, Cesar, Cahil, Ba, De Bruyne and Marin. Of these only Marin can be considered a bad signing imo. He's doing a good job on that front.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banishingboredom)
    Under Emenalo we've signed Mata, Hazard, Courtois, Moses, Oscar, Cesar, Cahil, Ba, De Bruyne and Marin. Of these only Marin can be considered a bad signing imo. He's doing a good job on that front.
    Yes, and he was also the guy who left us with 20 players for a 69 game season, one striker for half a season and loaned out/sold about 5/6 squad players at the start of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    We've been linked with the following:

Bale
    Hulk
    Mangala (from Porto)

Wasn't really expecting the last one - but if José is prepared to offer £30m for him (reported), he must have a lot of faith in him. Haven't watched the Primeira Liga enough to assess whether or not he'd be worth it though.

----------------------------Cech-----------------------------
    Azpi--------Ivanovic---------Mangala-------A.Cole
    ---------------D.Luiz------------Gündogan-------------
    Hulk--------------------Mata----------------------Hazard
    --------------------------Lukaku-------------------------------

Would be pretty damn good actually.
    LOL! Linked with Gareth Bale?
    The only team Bale will go to is Madrid. If not he will stay at Tottenham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    LOL! Linked with Gareth Bale?
    The only team Bale will go to is Madrid. If not he will stay at Tottenham.
    No, not necessarily. I could see him going to Manchester United too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    No, not necessarily. I could see him going to Manchester United too.
    I can dream....

Seriously though if/when Mou turns I can see you winning title even with squad you have now, just need consistency. Think as you guys have said KDB should have been kept and no Schurrle, could do with some more squad depth tbf but you'll be fine. Players like Oscar, Hazard will have a year under their belts, reckon you'll be our main rival next year ahead of City.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rumours floating around twitter that Mourinho flew into RAF Northolt tonight, to be announced as Chelsea manager tomorrow or Monday.

Also the Premier League seem to be getting ahead of themselves...?

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/n...o-chelsea.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    In any case, I am disposed to be rather more reserved than many in my delight regarding the return of Mourinho. This is not 2004 - so much is obvious - and people underestimate, I think, how much the climate has changed since then.
    I'm with you mate. It's almost like a "too good to be true" situation.

ReputationRep:
    Placeholder confirms what basically everyone knew anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    I'm with you mate. It's almost like a "too good to be true" situation.
    Its the excitement of him coming back and I think there's an immense amount of pressure for him to do well, with people saying he's going to be challenging for the premier league and other titles this season. Of course if it's anyone who can live up to a hype its Jose but I hope people just understand that even if he doesn't, he'll need a bit of time to mold his team and get back in to English football again.

I think Carvalho said he's going to train Essien in July, which says he's going but yeah its a matter of when not if imo.

ReputationRep:
    Rumours floating around twitter that Mourinho flew into RAF Northolt tonight, to be announced as Chelsea manager tomorrow or Monday.

Also the Premier League seem to be getting ahead of themselves...?

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/n...o-chelsea.html
    starting to be less believable in these rumours , the day when he's supposed to get announced was originally Friday , then it was today now its tomorrow . next thing we will see will be a article in The Sun going " Source was misinformed " or something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    starting to be less believable in these rumours , the day when he's supposed to get announced was originally Friday , then it was today now its tomorrow . next thing we will see will be a article in The Sun going " Source was misinformed " or something like that
    Well maybe this will change your mind...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...urn-to-Chelsea
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    I think it's more of the case of the report being leaked too early before an official statement is made. Still holding out for that moment when it's guaranteed that Mourinho will lead us out of the tunnel for the new season.

ReputationRep:
    Well maybe this will change your mind...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...urn-to-Chelsea
    well... definitely a lot more believable now that its on a more official news source :cool:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.