Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    According to some Turkish sources we've been linked with Sneijder
    Wouldn't surprise me considering his relationship with Mourinho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloatingBallsack)
    don't embarrass ursef.. rofl
    Don't quite see the sense in your post.

ReputationRep:
    Don't quite see the sense in your post.
    there is no way sneijder is coming to chelsea, don't get haps.

(Original post by Musester)
    I got banned for another week because I made a duplicate account whilst I was banned. This is a joke what you're doing/and the lack of reaction from the frankly awful mods on here.
    then don't break the rules son.

yes, mods on TSR are truly awful because they haven't banned me yet for saying sneijder to chelsea is ludicrous (only 5 minutes ago). sue me, lock me up

why u getting all emotional about it? im expressing my opinion on a football thread, ur going on like i just slaughtered ur family

ReputationRep:
    there is no way sneijder is coming to chelsea, don't get haps.

then don't break the rules son.

yes, mods on TSR are truly awful because they haven't banned me yet for saying sneijder to chelsea is ludicrous (only 5 minutes ago). sue me, lock me up
    I was reporting that we've been linked with Sneijder - not sure how you received the implication that I was getting 'haps'. Don't need another attacking midfielder anyways.

Anyway, stop updating me what you think please.

ReputationRep:
    arsenal were linked to zidane at some point - doesn't mean anything

all im saying is ur getting too excited man, it aint happening

ReputationRep:
    Jose interview coming up on Chelsea TV in a minute.

ReputationRep:
    jose mourinho is trash. did nothing at real madrid who are 10x the team chelsea are

next

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho's first game in charge will be against Inter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Mourinho's first game in charge will be against Inter
    Actually it'll be against Singha All-Stars on July 17th in the Far-East.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Actually it'll be against Singha All-Stars on July 17th in the Far-East.
    What a game that will be.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Oh what!? Luiz has been a great player. Rafa has disciplined him a lot so I think he can fit under Mou's tactics...See 0:26 below, he practically vomits praise onto him.

I would be very disappointed to see Luiz sold over an uneasy relationship with the manager. They should put their personal problems aside and just do what's professional. That's what was so good about Rafa.
    No doubt that Luiz has been one of the best defenders in the PL this season, especially with some world class goals, free kicks and long passes. It would be sad to see him go, but we have Cahill, Terry and Ivanovic, 3 solid CB's who are more than capable at playing there. I don't think we'd perform a lot worse without him.

I reckon we need a big physical player in CDM/CM, much like when we had Ballack under Mourinho. The guy striked fear into the opposition, much like Yaya Toure does for Man City. Essien may be the man, but I've forgotten his play style.

ReputationRep:
    ****in' lolled at the interview

"I asked him if he wants me back, he asked me if I want to come back and in a few minutes our minds were made"

Sounds like a couple of gay lovers getting back together

ReputationRep:
    Oops I somehow missed the bit where you said 80+ points, lol. Yeah all the clubs will be in transition so you'll be at an advantage. Reckon United will feel it the most because of Fergie's powers over the years so you'll have a higher chance of getting ahead of them tbh. Think some people overate Pellegrini but I can see him winning the league with City - especially if they get their rumoured targets (Cavani, Isco, Fernandinho etc.)

Not exactly sure what signings we'll make yet... they could potentially decide the difference between 1st and 2nd... (or even 2nd and third :eek:!)

Well, according to twitter (reliable I know :rolleyes:), Jovetic's agent has confirmed he will join Arsenal. So there's one you'll likely be getting.

If I had to make a prediction now I'd say...

City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Manchester United

but even then, it depends on signings. Next season will be amazing.

edit: I just saw your edit and yes, I agree to an extent - I was thinking similarly. I look at City's squad this season and just wonder how exactly they finished so far behind United.
    United 4th? :rofl:

SAF has ingrained a winning mentality on the likes of Giggs, Rio, Evra, Vidic, Rooney, Carrick, i.e. the core of our team. It's this mentality that gets us through most of the Premier League season. There's absolutely no way that United will finish outside of the top 2 this season. No chance. Our squad is too strong; we have at least two players for every position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)

SAF has ingrained a winning mentality on the likes of Giggs, Rio, Evra, Vidic, Rooney, Carrick, i.e. the core of our team. It's this mentality that gets us through most of the Premier League season. There's absolutely no way that United will finish outside of the top 2 this season. No chance. Our squad is too strong; we have at least two players for every position.
    I think United will finish 3rd next season

ReputationRep:

Is it? Your midfield is poor(probably the weakest in the top 4), and have aging players like Evra, Ferdinand in key positions. Obviously you have top class in many areas but so do all the top4. Players like Young, Nani, Valencia, Welbeck, Cleverley, Evans are all decent but theres nothing on paper to guarentee a top2 finish at all. Without Fergie you probably wont have that extra 20% any more which often made fairly mundane players look like world beaters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Is it? Your midfield is poor(probably the weakest in the top 4), and have aging players like Evra, Ferdinand in key positions. Players like Young, Nani, Valencia, Welbeck, Cleverley are all decent but theres nothing on paper to guarentee a top2 finish. Without Fergie these things can become exposed.
    I'd agree that our midfield needs improving, and I'm sure that it is top of Moyes' checklist. Evra is aging and we already have Fabio and Buttner both fighting for the opportunity to transition into that left back spot. The same can be said for Evans/Jones/Smalling for Rio's spot. I know that Fergie gets the best out of each player and then some, but there is no reason why that has to stop. Moyes shares this same quality. I think people underrate a lot of our players. While they may not have as much pure quality as other top Premier League talents, they've all been there, at the top of the league, doing it year in year out. They know what it takes. We have a perfect mix of experience and youth and we've maintained this mix for the past 6-7 seasons. SAF left at the perfect time because this squad alone is enough to see us fighting for the Premier League.

ReputationRep:
    jose mourinho is trash. did nothing at real madrid who are 10x the team chelsea are

next
    Firstly why come on here and talk smack and hate, go somewhere else and do that.
    Secondly you said Mourinho did nothing at Madrid, was that because he never won the Champions league, or because you just don't know what your taking about and came on here to talk utter BULLS**T.

ReputationRep:

LMAO. You think you're definitely guaranteed to finish ahead of either City or Chelsea... (or dare I say it, Arsenal? Considering the signings they could make with the large amount of money that can be spent this time). With the loss of SAF United will feel the effects the most out of the new managers... and you think some of your players are enough to not give you just a chance, but guarantee top 2? That's what's funny :rofl2:. Yeah it's possible, but in no way is there 'no way [United] will finish outside of top 2'. #3 is likely. A lot of it is dependent on signings -- but don't worry though, I'm sure Zaha will do a great job in guiding you guys to the top.

In fact, your the only United fan I've seen that's said that... maybe some in the other thread have said something similar, but there have been many that consider Arsenal having a chance to get ahead of United.

Like Zurich said, Fergie's had some of your players playing way above their ability. Will that mentality still be as strong come next season?

Also, cheers for the neg. :rolleyes: You'll finish 3rd or 4th next season.

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid in regards to Manchester United last season, Ferguson made an average team brilliant. I doubt Moyes will be able to do the same, but here's his chance to prove me wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, CFC finally feels complete.

Feels good.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.