Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Not really. Just pointing out someone lies. Is that not allowed? You can criticise all you want but making up lies isn't on. But hey ho keep hating haters.

Mourinho and Porto economically more astute than Wenger and Arsenal. Peak. I gues that's why UEFA are trying to bring in legistaltion to stymie the practicises which Porto relies on.
    While I agree, I was doing it to piss zurich off(who started this saying mourinho only throws money at problems when he didn't do so at porto or inter). Yeah true third party ownership isn't great, but still you can't lie that what porto do in getting players for a low price and then getting a big payday is as good as what wenger can do. That's all I'm trying to say. Also, when did I say that porto are economically more astute than arsenal? I said that porto are good at making huge profits on players who are worth hardly anything. Which is true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I was trolling(if you couldn't see) I clearly know that wenger is great at making profits with a team and there isn't anyone better(klopp is the only person who does the same thing atm). Just saying that mourinho can do it if need be. :yy:
    Don't even bother suggesting otherwise. Also the arsenal thread is full of terrible posts, hows higuain the false 9 btw?
    But what Zurich is saying is that how much credit should he get for it? Yes he's done it (in small part) at Porto but, in the main, that was the MO of Porto and Portuguese football in general- it's a practise that's long conituned pre and post Mourinho era. Look at his practices at other clubs since he's left Porto I can't think of a youth player that he's brought in. In addition to this, the youth players he brought into the main team, weren't product of Mourinho's principles- the time he spent at Porto makes it impossible to be so- giving him credit for them will be like giving him credit for unearthing Varane.

Let's not get into pointless debate. Mourinho spends and spends. Arguing otherwise is as valid as arguing that Higuain can play the false 9 role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    But what Zurich is saying is that how much credit should he get for it? Yes he's done it (in small part) at Porto but, in the main, that was the MO of Porto and Portuguese football in general- it's a practise that's long conituned pre and post Mourinho era. Look at his practices at other clubs since he's left Porto I can't think of a youth player that he's brought in. In addition to this, the youth players he brought into the main team, weren't product of Mourinho's principles- the time he spent at Porto makes it impossible to be so- giving him credit for them will be like giving him credit for unearthing Varane.

Let's not get into pointless debate. Mourinho spends and spends. Arguing otherwise is as valid as arguing that Higuain can play the false 9 role.
    Fair enough, I agree with what you're saying. However he said mou invariably throws money at problems, I suggested a time when that wasn't the case which despite third party ownership etc he still did a good job economically. But yes when he has money to spend he will spend it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Fair enough, I agree with what you're saying. However he said mou invariably throws money at problems, I suggested a time when that wasn't the case which despite third party ownership etc he still did a good job economically. But yes when he has money to spend he will spend it.
    Well that was quite a long time ago now.

Put it this way - can you imagine Mourinho now accepting a job where he won't have money available to spend? Whether that be transfer budget or large wage bill/structure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Well that was quite a long time ago now.

Put it this way - can you imagine Mourinho now accepting a job where he won't have money available to spend? Whether that be transfer budget or large wage bill/structure.
    Very unlikely. Although you can say that for most top managers so it's not invariably. Guardiola e.g. Mourinho did go to inter as well.
    It could also be down to who's most likely to win a title. Because he could have taken the united job if he'd been offered it but that would have a good transfer budget/wage bill as the highest earners are on 250k. That's what I don't get about this, he has money to spend and is at a top club so he will spend it. Jupps e.g. had money to spend so he bought players like dante, martinez etc. yet he spent his years at leverkusen, frankfurt and other clubs.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think B/R is all that good (for Chelsea, anyway). I frequent it and many of the writers are clueless. Don't even get me started on the commenters...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Don't think B/R is all that good (for Chelsea, anyway). I frequent it a lot and many of the writers are clueless. Don't even get me started on the commenters...
    Tbf I only read that on here when a good report is on.
    http://defensiveminded.wordpress.com/ is a very good one on defending though. But it's been inactive for like 2 years now.

ReputationRep:
    Shame :\

ReputationRep:
    City have signed Fernandinho... (the midfielder from Shakhtar). Their midfield was already great. Now, if they sign Isco, their team will be bloody amazing -- it'll be even worse for others if they get Cavani, too! Not to mention with someone like Pellegrini, it's gonna be really difficult for us to compete.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, City will be my new team on FIFA14 at this rate.

:coma:

Hart
    Zabaleta Kompany Nastasic Clichy
    Y.Toure Fernandinho
    Navas Isco Silva
    Aguero

edit: forgot about Navas too!

ReputationRep:
    CHELSEA - THE RETURN OF THE KING

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    City have signed Fernandinho... (the midfielder from Shakhtar). Their midfield was already great. Now, if they sign Isco, their team will be bloody amazing -- it'll be even worse for others if they get Cavani, too! Not to mention with someone like Pellegrini, it's gonna be really difficult for us to compete.
    I have heard great things about Isco.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scapepower)
    CHELSEA - THE RETURN OF THE KING

Your a tad late..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101101)
    Your a tad late..
    Lol...when did you guys know he was coming back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)

:coma:

Hart
    Zabaleta Kompany Nastasic Clichy
    Y.Toure Fernandinho
    Silva Isco Nasri
    Aguero
    Yeah similar to what I had in mind. They'll get Navas in there though.

Hope we don't take too long to get our transfers done.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone's interested, Michael Ballack's testimonial on ESPN right now.

Drogba, Malouda, Essien, Carvalho and Shevchenko are the Chelsea guy's involved, with other stars such as Lahm, Berbatov, Weidenfeller, Schurrle and Klose playing. Not to mention Michael Schumacher.

Mourinho's also on the touchline managing Ballack's team. Drogba and Ballack have both scored.

ReputationRep:
    Lol...when did you guys know he was coming back?
    for the past couple of weeks lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    for the past couple of weeks lol
    Lol how on earth?

ReputationRep:
    Lol how on earth?
    The Sun / Daily Mirror etc had reported it quite early on , that said a large number were questioning the truth behind it.

ReputationRep:
    The Official 2013/14 Away Kit - what do you guys think??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.