Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Yeah the Brazil team could be brilliant next year. Only thing is Scolari doesn't seem to be doing well with the squad and has had some had some frustrating results (bring back any memories?) so it could be a problem. He won in 2002 but a lot of the players themselves were magical. Still, if we ever had any sort of chance to win the WC, it would've been in 2002. Shame that Seaman messed up in that game.
    He has had many hard friendlies, but I feel that he'll get them going in time for the world cup tbh. Their squad is so talented, they were fairly unlucky against england in the 2-2 draw, I think they need a few easy games against the likes of venezuela etc. so he can get their confidence up for the tournaments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PINKFLEUR)
    Can I just say that I live 10 minutes away from the Chelsea Stadium :rolleyes:

I can't be bothered to go out when a match is on, there's wayyyy too many people.
    If I was rich enough to live near Chelsea this would be my smallest problem possible, in fact i'd enjoy it comparative to my one horse town

ReputationRep:
    So boring! Wish there was a football tournament or something to watch!
    When's that Brazilian cup thingy starting?

ReputationRep:
    KDB scored for Belgium. Back-post header, you lot need to keep him :rofl:

ReputationRep:

I can't be bothered to go out when a match is on, there's wayyyy too many people.
    You live in Greater London, you should be used to lots of people. I used to live in Bloomsbury so it's easy enough to get used to.

ReputationRep:
    KDB has been doing good from what I've seen. How's Hazard been overall (if anyone's watching?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    KDB scored for Belgium. Back-post header, you lot need to keep him :rofl:
    Mystery negger I will find you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    KDB has been doing good from what I've seen. How's Hazard been overall (if anyone's watching?)
    Stopped watching at HT cause the game was over lol. Don't see why you don't just keep KDB and rotate him with Oscar on the RW. Too good to lose a player like him, same could be said of Courtois tbh, going to have to keep loaning him out with the hope that Cech declines, which won't happen imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Stopped watching at HT cause the game was over lol. Don't see why you don't just keep KDB and rotate him with Oscar on the RW. Too good to lose a player like him, same could be said of Courtois tbh, going to have to keep loaning him out with the hope that Cech declines, which won't happen imo.
    Yeah, we've got some good Belgian players on our hands. Don't know why either :\

Guess we'll loan him out next season, but not totally sure what happens after that. I don't think we'll be able to loan him in 2014/2015 - Atletico will probably look to buy him then. Maybe if Cech does start to decline we could use Courtois as the main keeper and Cech as a backup then? Don't know - Cech looks like he could go on go for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    You live in Greater London, you should be used to lots of people. I used to live in Bloomsbury so it's easy enough to get used to.
    I'm used to a lot of people being around, but I hate it when I can't travel by car because they close the roads :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)
    If I was rich enough to live near Chelsea this would be my smallest problem possible, in fact i'd enjoy it comparative to my one horse town
    Oh.. okay. :puppyeyes:

Just out of curiosity, where do you live? You don't need to be specific, the name of the town would be ok.

ReputationRep:

It takes me forever to get the Bridge, well around 50 mins. I live near Ealing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigyy)
    It takes me forever to get the Bridge, well around 50 mins. I live near Ealing.
    from Ealing? more like 30 surely

ReputationRep:
    On a serious note though is this £50Million Cavani thing happening and I wonder how do Chelsea fans feel about the large fee?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    On a serious note though is this £50Million Cavani thing happening and I wonder how do Chelsea fans feel about the large fee?
    You make it sound like Chelsea fans aren't used to large fees being spent..

No doubt the sentiment is - "we do need a world class striker and as long as he's not a 'Torres'"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I've not heard of such a price tag. I'd only pay that much if we can sell torres, however I feel that if we don't sell torres first we won't recoup that much for him(unless he has a boss season for us on the bench)

I'm not too fussed, we need a top striker, lets not put cotton wool over anyones eyes here we've been lacking a prolific striker for at least 2 years and it's clearly costed us in the PL title race, last year under AVB it was the fault of the lack of attacking options on the wing(only sturridge and mata were good), this season there's no excuse. I know people want to keep torres but he can **** off he played like he wasn't bothered for half of his games and it took a face mask for him to find something remotely reminiscent of form.

Should we spend another season waiting for that. Hell no. Bench him or sell him. But he's not in the starting lineup he can play 30mins of every game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    from Ealing? more like 30 surely
    That's by car, public transport takes me about 45 mins.

EDIT: Not even, car takes about 20 mins on a good day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I've not heard of such a price tag. I'd only pay that much if we can sell torres, however I feel that if we don't sell torres first we won't recoup that much for him(unless he has a boss season for us on the bench)

I'm not too fussed, we need a top striker, lets not put cotton wool over anyones eyes here we've been lacking a prolific striker for at least 2 years and it's clearly costed us in the PL title race, last year under AVB it was the fault of the lack of attacking options on the wing(only sturridge and mata were good), this season there's no excuse. I know people want to keep torres but he can **** off he played like he wasn't bothered for half of his games and it took a face mask for him to find something remotely reminiscent of form.

Should we spend another season waiting for that. Hell no. Bench him or sell him. But he's not in the starting lineup he can play 30mins of every game.
    I think you have to accept a massive loss on Torres either way tbh.. If he stays, Chelsea won't offer him a contract extension in 2016 when he's 32 so he'll leave on a free and collect huge wages (140-180k a week?) along the way.

I've mostly seen the 175k a week figure banded about - which is 9mil a year!

If you sell him now, you might recoup 10-15mil + whatever he accepts as a salary elsewhere (I don't think he'd get more than 100k anywhere, probably less so Chelsea would need to pay that difference) but even then, 15mil in transfer fee + saving 5mil a year in wages over 3 years = saving circa 30mil compared to paying him another 27mil over 3 years..

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...rove-his-worth

Pretty stoked about this news. He'll be playing at The Bridge next season!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigyy)
    That's by car, public transport takes me about 45 mins.

EDIT: Not even, car takes about 20 mins on a good day.
    District line from Ealing Common should take 30 minutes??

Only have a vague awareness of London West of Acton though I'll admit.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.