Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    can't say i'm particularly surprised ! tell you what , would be great to see Gerrard leave - just to see how many liverpool fans would start going on an anti-gerrard rampage and just casually forgetting everything he did for the club
    I thinks if he goes they should respect him as long as it is abroad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Would be like when Newcastle wasted 17m on Michael Owen based on the player he was 3 years previously. Ironically the only club stupid enough to pay 15m for a has been striker like Torres, would be Chelsea.

10m would be the absolute ceiling given his age, and ****ness.
    Nice signature -- I really like the picture of Wenger there lol.

--

Not sure if this has been said but we're close to signing Marco van Ginkel. I know nothing about him but apparently he looks very promising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)

--

Not sure if this has been said but we're close to signing Marco van Ginkel. I know nothing about him but apparently he looks very promising.
    I've heard he is kinda overrated but I wouldn't be surprised if we got him; Mourinho seems to have a new-found passion for youth.

ReputationRep:
    As long as Mou is making the signings I'm not fussed who we get. Heck if he says he'll get Torres back to his old self, I believe it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Oh dear, now youre boasting about having Torres? Lmao, how the mighty fall. You can buy Suarez if you want though, another £50m?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah. Suarez bit off more than he can chew.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a clue what's happened with Lazar Markovic. I thought Benfica signed him but apparently Chelsea have signed him and loaned him to Benfica according to other reports. Pretty confusing.

I know we were trying to get him last January but there's been nothing more on him. Now there's conflicting reports.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    As long as Mou is making the signings I'm not fussed who we get. Heck if he says he'll get Torres back to his old self, I believe it.
    Please don't call him Mou. It is a truly terrible name for such a legend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannotbelieveit)
    Please don't call him Mou. It is a truly terrible name for such a legend.
    Ok boss :yy:

(Original post by Tweek)
    Does anyone have a clue what's happened with Lazar Markovic. I thought Benfica signed him but apparently Chelsea have signed him and loaned him to Benfica according to other reports. Pretty confusing.

I know we were trying to get him last January but there's been nothing more on him. Now there's conflicting reports.
    Ah, this would make sense. :holmes: Markovic is extremely highly rated from what I know and he's apparently a Chelsea fan as well, so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)

According to Benfica's official website he's signed a five year deal with them. Sky, amongst others, reported we'd signed him but loaned him out to Benfica for two years, but I guess they were wrong. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Actually quite a clever photo, Wenger's trying to balance footballs representing traditionalism and modernity here with a focus on the later . Pretty ironic that a guy who revolutionised English football is now seen as a throwback to a bygone era. Pretty much sums Le Prof up. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Actually quite a clever photo, Wenger's trying to balance footballs representing traditionalism and modernity here with a focus on the later . Pretty ironic that a guy who revolutionised English football is now seen as a throwback to a bygone era. Pretty much sums Le Prof up. :moon:
    This is the Chelsea thread. No one here gives a crap about "Le Prof". I swear you post more in here than the Arsenal thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    This is the Chelsea thread. No one here gives a crap about "Le Prof". I swear you post more in here than the Arsenal thread.
    Things are expected to go off topic from time to time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Things are expected to go off topic from time to time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Keep the discussion about Arsenal's to the Arsenal thread then. I'm pretty sure no Chelsea fan's here care about how Arsenal's manager is percieved by the media-so why tell us? Just boring drivel.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who thinks Wenger belongs to a bygone era is an idiot who reads the sun/dailymail too much. If he had been given the funds to buy and keep important players on higher wages he would atleast have challenged for the title over the past 2/3 years.
    His problem is financial, not because he is using an outmoded style of play or tactics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Ah, this would make sense. :holmes: Markovic is extremely highly rated from what I know and he's apparently a Chelsea fan as well, so.
    Without trying to be a gate crasher, being a 'fan' of a club doesn't necessarily act as a guarantee. That said, I can't think of any footballer recently who supports us that has turned up the chance to join us. Utd fans will be happy to point out Zaha supports Arsenal and joined them and the closest example for us I guess would be Joe Cole leaving to join Liverpool. Only other examples I can think of are players who are playing for teams that aren't in direct competition against us, like Roger Johnson.

Suppose you could question their integrity of support if they turn down the chance to join the team they support though. I'd just play abroad if it was me but then people could question the likelihood of players playing against their boyhood clubs in the Champions League.

ReputationRep:
    He adds some much needed realism to the delusion to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Torres is worth 10m at the moment, there's no point disputing it anyone who says he's worth 5m is taking the piss and not worth listening to and anyone who believed he's worth 15m or more is taking a time machine back to early 2010. But anyway sturridge is better than ba and better than lukaku as well, even if lukaku has more potential(which I believe he does have). Think sturridge needs to improve his football brain when on the ball a bit more but he's defo improved since that bolton loan and when he started playing on the right wing for us under AVB.

We'll see with lukaku though. Hopefully he gets games under his belt under mourinho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Torres is worth 10m at the moment, there's no point disputing it anyone who says he's worth 5m is taking the piss and not worth listening to and anyone who believed he's worth 15m or more is taking a time machine back to early 2010. But anyway sturridge is better than ba and better than lukaku as well, even if lukaku has more potential(which I believe he does have). Think sturridge needs to improve his football brain when on the ball a bit more but he's defo improved since that bolton loan and when he started playing on the right wing for us under AVB.

We'll see with lukaku though. Hopefully he gets games under his belt under mourinho.
    Torres is worth a liability of £175,000 a week on any club's wage bill.

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Without trying to be a gate crasher, being a 'fan' of a club doesn't necessarily act as a guarantee. That said, I can't think of any footballer recently who supports us that has turned up the chance to join us. Utd fans will be happy to point out Zaha supports Arsenal and joined them and the closest example for us I guess would be Joe Cole leaving to join Liverpool. Only other examples I can think of are players who are playing for teams that aren't in direct competition against us, like Roger Johnson.

Suppose you could question their integrity of support if they turn down the chance to join the team they support though. I'd just play abroad if it was me but then people could question the likelihood of players playing against their boyhood clubs in the Champions League.
    Oh I know that, I just meant it was likely because Chelsea have been linked to him for a long time now and he's a Chelsea fan, so it might have seemed probable that he'd choose Chelsea over other options. :p: As it is, it looks like he's just signing for Benfica full-stop - though there's no saying what's happened behind the scenes. To be honest, I'm glad he didn't join you guys: he's not the sort of player you need right now (he's primarily a left-winger who can also play up front) and the players you do have playing in his position are pretty young, so he might have been like De Bruyne or Matic. Hopefully he'll get a lot of gametime and a chance to develop at Benfica. :cute:

Keep the discussion about Arsenal's to the Arsenal thread then. I'm pretty sure no Chelsea fan's here care about how Arsenal's manager is percieved by the media-so why tell us? Just boring drivel.
    It was directly in response to a comment - a compliment at that - by a Chelsea fan here. :holmes: It wasn't even inflammatory in any way, so I don't see why you should feel the need to react to it like that. It's not strictly in line with the thread topic, but as long as it doesn't turn into an extended discussion about non-Chelsea matters, I'd let the club threads be flexible hubs of discussion most of the time. :yy:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.