The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eloades11
Completely agree, Oscar's pass to Jo was incredible. He's got huge potential and I can see him running games next season.

Sorry, what point are you trying to make?

Yup another year to develop and grow quite amazing hes not had much of a summer break for 3 seasons. Hopefully doesn't affect him.

I think hes trying to show how "good" Kalou was/is :tongue:
oscar mata hazard seem so ****ing fantastic on paper but fact is once youve had malouda-drogba-kalou nothing will feel good
Original post by Malevolent
Yup another year to develop and grow quite amazing hes not had much of a summer break for 3 seasons. Hopefully doesn't affect him.

I think hes trying to show how "good" Kalou was/is :tongue:

I'm very much looking forward to next season, it's going to be great now that Jose is back home.

I never disputed how good Kalou was, I just said I never saw much of him as I didn't watch the games as much back then.
I'm very much looking forward to next season, it's going to be great now that Jose is back home.

I never disputed how good Kalou was, I just said I never saw much of him as I didn't watch the games as much back then.

Yeah should be right in the mix for the title now. Going to be a good one.
Reply 3564
Original post by KingMessi
Excellent news. Mikel has been a very good servant to the club but is a very, very limited footballer and sixteen million pounds is an excellent sum to get for him - precisely what we bought him for, I believe.

Yes we bought him for around 16m. Actually hearing this for the first time, but it's going to be weird not seeing Mikel around. As mentioned we have Essien/Romeu and Luiz if he plays there. If we do plan to play Essien there, then Mourinho must have seen something in him that made him want to start at Madrid. Let's see how this pans out. Apparently, Cavani is favouring a move to Madrid over England.
Original post by the greatest
dont see the fuss over essien, hes past his prime and isnt getting any younger would make sense to keep mikel and buy another DM

Thank you for some proper knowledge
I know we've got a lot of attacking mids already but can you imagine if we signed Isco and fixed the other areas with the rumoured targets? Assuming we don't get Cavani

---Lukaku---
--Hazard--Isco/Oscar--Mata-- (with them interchanging)
--Gundogan--De Rossi/Essien---
--Cole--Mangala--Terry/Ivanovic--Azpilicueta

Mangala is still young so Terry would be of help to him while he gets more used to it.

Then we'll also have good subs depending on who is playing. Some of these signings are unrealistic (I don't think we'll sign all of these -- De Rossi is probably the likeliest), but if we did... ****.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3567
I'm afraid I disagree with you on this one. For the last season, him and Ramires were the best partnership in our team, and as I said before massively underrated. Nothing like seeing Kalou leave, I never really rated the guy or follow him much.

They did one mans job. Makalele could do what ramires and mikel did together on his own.

They were the best partnership because lampard didn't fit the team with them. When luiz came into DM Luiz and lampard looked an amazing pairing with a lot of potential. But we can't control games from deep with ramires and mikel.
Kicking out Mikel after all of this is pure stupid from Abramovich. He's best seasons and peak of his performances were yet to come and the next team to get Mikel will be lucky.
Luiz should play CDM on his own - in a 4 - 1 - 3 - 2 formation presuming Lukaku and a new signing (striker) start together.
I don't see a point in playing 2 CDM's but it does mean that Hazard and Oscar will have to improve their work rates defensively and get back when needed.
If Hazard can improve his defensive game, then he will undoubtedly be one of the greatest LM in the game in the future years because going forward he is an absolute beast with bits of Ronaldo and Messi in him when he's at his best.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3569
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22924243
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho claims he knew months ago of Sir Alex Ferguson's plans to stand down as Manchester United boss, but says he was always intent on returning to Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho said: "I knew that Ferguson was retiring many months ago. I would have turned down every job in the world - the Manchester United job, every one - for Chelsea."
Jose : "For Chelsea I would turn down every job in the world".
We love you too!
<3
Don't believe that at all, although what else could he say?
(edited 10 years ago)
It's not like he could say anything else
Original post by TH3-FL45H
It's not like he could say anything else

Yh but no one put a gun to his head to say that either. Just like other managers he could have said that he is happy to be here and take charge of such a big club and blah blah....
Man United would never have approached him anyway, it was clear that the board didn't believe he could fit in at Old Trafford.
Man United would never appoint a non-British manager
Reply 3576
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8778846/Premier-League-Fernando-Torres-Chelsea-record-rated-so-so-by-Jose-Mourinho
Pretty interesting. We wanted to bring in samuel eto'o. He would have been amazing for us. It's clear mourinho highly rated the guy and I think he'd have been an absolute beast for us. Kinda sad we never got him. Oh well.
Original post by Someguy123456
Man United would never appoint a non-British manager

Did their time with Frank O'Farrell put them off foreign managers then? They had Carlos Queiroz as an assistant so I'm sure they'll appoint a foreign coach if they believe he is the right choice for them.
Original post by NDGAARONDI
Did their time with Frank O'Farrell put them off foreign managers then? They had Carlos Queiroz as an assistant so I'm sure they'll appoint a foreign coach if they believe he is the right choice for them.

Sorry I meant Sir Alex* would never appoint a foreign coach.
Original post by NDGAARONDI

Presumably Irish?

To all intents and purposes, Irish managers are covered under the British umbrella as culturally they're from the same school so to speak.

But yeah, hard to see Utd with a foreign coach. Although people would have the same about Arsenal before Wenger so there's a first time for everything. But dont think a foreigner could walk into Fergie's office, too much of a culture shock.

Latest