Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22924243
    Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho claims he knew months ago of Sir Alex Ferguson's plans to stand down as Manchester United boss, but says he was always intent on returning to Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho said: "I knew that Ferguson was retiring many months ago. I would have turned down every job in the world - the Manchester United job, every one - for Chelsea."

ReputationRep:
    Jose : "For Chelsea I would turn down every job in the world".
    We love you too!
    <3

ReputationRep:
    Don't believe that at all, although what else could he say?

ReputationRep:
    It's not like he could say anything else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    It's not like he could say anything else
    Yh but no one put a gun to his head to say that either. Just like other managers he could have said that he is happy to be here and take charge of such a big club and blah blah....

ReputationRep:
    Man United would never have approached him anyway, it was clear that the board didn't believe he could fit in at Old Trafford.

ReputationRep:
    Man United would never appoint a non-British manager

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...-Jose-Mourinho
    Pretty interesting. We wanted to bring in samuel eto'o. He would have been amazing for us. It's clear mourinho highly rated the guy and I think he'd have been an absolute beast for us. Kinda sad we never got him. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someguy123456)
    Man United would never appoint a non-British manager
    Did their time with Frank O'Farrell put them off foreign managers then? They had Carlos Queiroz as an assistant so I'm sure they'll appoint a foreign coach if they believe he is the right choice for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Did their time with Frank O'Farrell put them off foreign managers then? They had Carlos Queiroz as an assistant so I'm sure they'll appoint a foreign coach if they believe he is the right choice for them.
    Sorry I meant Sir Alex* would never appoint a foreign coach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Presumably Irish?

To all intents and purposes, Irish managers are covered under the British umbrella as culturally they're from the same school so to speak.

But yeah, hard to see Utd with a foreign coach. Although people would have the same about Arsenal before Wenger so there's a first time for everything. But dont think a foreigner could walk into Fergie's office, too much of a culture shock.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Liverpool are looking to get Piazon on loan...

Also, having second thoughts about transfers. Would rather not get Cavani but get the following: De Rossi (esp. if we're selling Mikel) and Gundogan. Unsure of the rest but I'd love Isco.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...-Jose-Mourinho
    Pretty interesting. We wanted to bring in samuel eto'o. He would have been amazing for us. It's clear mourinho highly rated the guy and I think he'd have been an absolute beast for us. Kinda sad we never got him. Oh well.
    He would have been a beast for Chelsea if he played as a striker and not on the wing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)

Also, having second thoughts about transfers. Would rather not get Cavani but get the following: De Rossi (esp. if we're selling Mikel) and. Gundogan. Unsure of the rest but I'd love Isco.
    I'd take Lars Bender from Leverkusen, solid defensively and provides a threat going forward. If Piazon goes on loan we should look to Werder Bremen as they did well with De Bruyne or use him to get Bender as they will need a replacement for Schurlle.

I'd happily have Mikel, Romeu, Bender, Ramires, Lampard as our midfielders and then Oscar, McEachran, Chalobah, Luiz can also cover there if needed.

Also think if we are to have 4 strikers (I think 3 would do), one of them has to be an Aguero/Tevez type player who can play deeper as well. Lukaku, one of Torres/Ba then Cavani/Lewandowski would do for me.

We also need a cover for Azpilicueta because if we use Ivanovic we'll be short on centre backs. And finally, buy one back up keeper and have a youth keeper as third choice.

The future is looking bright for us and in a few years time we could dominate English and European football.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)

Also, having second thoughts about transfers. Would rather not get Cavani but get the following: De Rossi (esp. if we're selling Mikel) and. Gundogan. Unsure of the rest but I'd love Isco.
    We might get Cavani if the discussion goes through tomorrow and they come to an agreement.

Jose Mourinho wants to buy a young 20 year old CDM from Seville for 10million, his name is Geoferrey Kondogbia - looks promising - plays a bit like Ramires but has better ball control but the negative aspect of him is that his passes aren't too good.

ReputationRep:
    Kondogbia isnt that good tbh, heard he is kind of a mikel type player, can play makelele role but chooses to come forward sometimes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicseymour)
    I'd take Lars Bender from Leverkusen, solid defensively and provides a threat going forward. If Piazon goes on loan we should look to Werder Bremen as they did well with De Bruyne or use him to get Bender as they will need a replacement for Schurlle.

I'd happily have Mikel, Romeu, Bender, Ramires, Lampard as our midfielders and then Oscar, McEachran, Chalobah, Luiz can also cover there if needed.

Also think if we are to have 4 strikers (I think 3 would do), one of them has to be an Aguero/Tevez type player who can play deeper as well. Lukaku, one of Torres/Ba then Cavani/Lewandowski would do for me.

We also need a cover for Azpilicueta because if we use Ivanovic we'll be short on centre backs. And finally, buy one back up keeper and have a youth keeper as third choice.

The future is looking bright for us and in a few years time we could dominate English and European football.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Isn't Wallace a RB? Don't know much about him but if he's not too young he could fill in occasionally. Still think we need solid CB, CDM and Striker. Should be looking to spend more than £15 million on each.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Isn't Wallace a RB? Don't know much about him but if he's not too young he could fill in occasionally. Still think we need solid CB, CDM and Striker. Should be looking to spend more than £15 million on each.
    Agree. Who would you prefer out of the possible options?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Wallace is still a teenager ans will need time to adapt, will probably get loaned out to Vitesse. We have Ivan, Cahill, JT and Luiz for CB amd Mourinho has already said he'll look at Kalas, dont think a CB is priority unless he plans to convert Luiz to a CDM.

ReputationRep:
    People seem to forget Piazon is actually a striker, not a midfielder. He plays the same role as Jovetic, as a secondary striker who can also play on the wings and CAM if needed. I'd rather we tried to develop him as he didn't look out of his depth in the slightest as Malaga.

Also as I've been away, I'm not too sure what to think of Schurrle. With him incoming and KDB apparently set to stay perhaps this means Oscar is going to be pushed slightly deeper as he has played there before. He'd need to add some weight though. Still think Oscar needs a lot of developing but is still a vital player as it stands. Alternatively perhaps KDB will be playing in midfield alongside someone who sits deeper, such as Romeu/Essien/Luiz. To be honest it's quite nice having this problem. The likes of Oscar/Hazard/Mata/Schurrle/KDB/Moses to occupy the attacking positions can only be good. Hasn't hurt Bayern.

Assume Wallace will be loaned out. Hopefully Ake will be too as he's been able to play a few games for us, it means mid-table clubs will be more likely to loan him having seen his ability. Going somewhere like Fulham would be nice.

If we were to buy a striker I'd prefer Cavani. Has more about him, only he's not as good at dribbling as Lewan. Both seem set on moves to Bayern/Real though.

Kakuta hasn't lived up to expectations, should be sold. Kalas has proved he's got the ability, as has PVA, get them loans to English teams to help them adapt. With Cole/Terry coming to an end in the careers, now would be ideal to push PVA/Kalas into a make or break situation.

Don't have much else to try and figure out from a fans perspective though. Just need to wait until next month when Jose decides on who is up to standards and who isn't. Only purchase that's a definite is a back-up keeper.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.