Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    We're in advanced talks to sign John Ruddy according to skysports...

He'd be a more than capable 2nd choice obviously, but I do wonder why he'd want to come here when he had a starting role at Norwich.
    So he can coast along and pick up medals.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose we could try and get him on loan for a year? Not sure if it'll work though.

But for the 2013/2014 season, what do we do with the Courtois/Cech situation? I mean, I love Cech but we could have one of the best (maybe the best...) goalkeepers of the future on our hands. Rotating them every game? Not sure what would be the most effective way...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    So he can coast along and pick up medals.
    This. Same as Ross Turnbull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    I suppose we could try and get him on loan for a year? Not sure if it'll work though.

But for the 2013/2014 season, what do we do with the Courtois/Cech situation? I mean, I love Cech but we could have one of the best (maybe the best...) goalkeepers of the future on our hands. Rotating them every game? Not sure what would be the most effective way...
    Cech breaks his finger for the season during pre season. Courtois comes in for a season, gets 29 clean sheets and concede 14 goals and we draw 0-0 to man city this time.

ReputationRep:
    lol, good plan jam.

ReputationRep:
    lol, good plan jam.
    Stupid anelka.
    Bet he'll score against us when he plays for west brom too and we lose our yearly match to west brom 1-0 or 2-1.

Which reminds me, who are our yearly bogey team? United depends as we beat them at old trafford and they beat us at the bridge after almost 10 years, I think our bogey match is city away, it used to be everton away too where I almost expect a loss when we play them.

ReputationRep:

Why not just keep loaning him out? He's a class keeper so I'm sure even bigger clubs than Ath.Madrid would be interested in him and he'll have the no.1 jersey waiting for him on his return.

Could easily do 3 more years of loaning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Why not just keep loaning him out? He's a class keeper so I'm sure even bigger clubs than Ath.Madrid would be interested in him and he'll have the no.1 jersey waiting for him on his return.

Depends on how emotionally invested he becomes with the specific club. If at madrid fail next season e.g. he'd want CL football, I think he'd be good going to italy to a team like milan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    This. Same as Ross Turnbull.
    Looking at Turnbull's 'honours' on his Wiki page never ceases to amaze me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    He's such a boss. He can show josh his CL medal. Such a boss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    He's such a boss. He can show josh his CL medal. Such a boss.
    Josh is already a superior footballer, I think we've all seen that cracking goal he scored after the Everton match.

Hope Wenger doesn't sign him.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid anelka.
    Bet he'll score against us when he plays for west brom too and we lose our yearly match to west brom 1-0 or 2-1.

Which reminds me, who are our yearly bogey team? United depends as we beat them at old trafford and they beat us at the bridge after almost 10 years, I think our bogey match is city away, it used to be everton away too where I almost expect a loss when we play them.
    ****ing lol @ 'bogey team'. :lol:.

Man City right now. Horrible record against them last year. You're right with regards to Everton but this year when we went away we actually beat 'em. I was honestly so shocked at that.

They beat us at the bridge but Hernandez' goal was offside, was it not? And we had 2 players sent off ffs. Can't believe that actually.

Idk West Brom tbh but I'll be annoyed if Anelka scores the winner. Will be good though -- apprentice vs master. Same against Spurs :cool:

I think we're gonna lose to Cardiff. I can feel them doing well.

As the others have said, it depends how invested he is with the club emotionally. Don't know if he'll sign a new contract either.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing lol @ 'bogey team'. :lol:.

Man City right now. Horrible record against them last year. You're right with regards to Everton but this year when we went away we actually beat 'em. I was honestly so shocked at that.

They beat us at the bridge but Hernandez' goal was offside, was it not? And we had 2 players sent off ffs. Can't believe that actually.

Idk West Brom tbh but I'll be annoyed if Anelka scores the winner. Will be good though -- apprentice vs master. Same against Spurs :cool:

I think we're gonna lose to Cardiff. I can feel them doing well.

As the others have said, it depends how invested he is with the club emotionally. Don't know if he'll sign a new contract either.
    Personally everton away was the only game I fully expected a loss. Heck I think I even said we'd lose that match that's how **** we play there.

That bridge game vs united. Was nonsense ref's always mess up during that match, so many controversial decisions over the years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    'The Most Successful Football Who's Done Absolutely Nothing Of Repute'?

(

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah I've seen that. He looks so stoic and scripted xD.

(Original post by Abiraleft)
    Lukaku, De Bruyne and van Ginkel, from what I remember. I would think he's telling porkies to at least one of the last two, but I don't know; perhaps he has a more radical plan of transformation than I realize. :dontknow:
    Although, if we stick with the 3 strikers we have, I think Lukaku will be fine. Didn't we need another CM anyway? So if MvG is here to fill in that role, then so be it? He's clearly got the talent to succeed imo.

Ramires, Essien, Lampard, MvG, KdB and Mikel if he's staying.

If we play 4-3-3 then its 3 for 3 if we play 4-2-3-1, it'll be a bit difficult but knowing us and the amount of games we play and the random injuries to people like Mikel who like last season injured for 8 weeks when initially was suppose to be out for a week iirc?

ReputationRep:
    Hearing romeu on loan to valencia next season, think that'd be a great move for him since david albeida has left the club too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    'The Most Successful Football Who's Done Absolutely Nothing Of Repute'?

(
    Check out Pinto at Barca :rolleyes:

Pointless medals though, and they know it.

ReputationRep:
    Check out Pinto at Barca :rolleyes:

Pointless medals though, and they know it.
    Tbf pinto did get the golden glove for espanyol and he gets to play the spanish cup games for barca antonio adan probably gets the award though

ReputationRep:
    alex buttner won a league medal and he played like 75mins last season

ReputationRep:
    Tbf pinto did get the golden glove for espanyol and he gets to play the spanish cup games for barca antonio adan probably gets the award though
    2 cl medals and multiple La Liga when he's played a handful of games in these competitions. What a farce. Medals should be given only to those players who've played 5 games and/or scored a goal.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.