Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Tbf pinto did get the golden glove for espanyol and he gets to play the spanish cup games for barca antonio adan probably gets the award though
    Hilario has a decent haul

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Check out Pinto at Barca :rolleyes:

Pointless medals though, and they know it.
    Good point.

Or any of Spain's reserve goalkeepers? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea getting Suarez???!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalidpatel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh god please no. First of all, it would be stupid on Suarez's part - he claims the main reason for his desire to leave liverpool is the english media.
    Second of all - I dont think we need that type of player, my guess is that mourinho is looking for a target man

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalidpatel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No. Of course not.

But I wouldn't say no in an ideal world.

ReputationRep:
    Alas, one of our funnier posters, who also used to post quite a bit, has been permanently banned.

A moment of silence for Rybee, everyone.

I fear Musester might be next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Alas, one of our funnier posters, who also used to post quite a bit, has been permanently banned.

A moment of silence for Rybee, everyone.

I fear Musester might be next.
    Why did he get perm banned?
    I got banned earlier but that was only for 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Why did he get perm banned?
    I got banned earlier but that was only for 2 weeks.
    Haha I don't know - but he's been banned a lot before in the past so that probably contributed to it.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with everything here, but not sosure on the rat thing. I wouldn't continually 'moan' about it, but Ican see what they're talking about. I mean, there are issues withethics (the issue of pain and such), but is there not a beneficialoutcome for humanity for testing on these animals? One being, testingnew drugs to check for effectiveness + side effects (before beingtested on humans)? And not to mention the abundance of these verminit's not likely to have a negative effective on the whole. Whereas,how effective have these Chinese 'medicines' using the endangeredspecies been? I haven't heard of too much -- and if anything, I'veoften heard that there isn't much evidence to support the use ofthose species and it's just a belief by the scientiststhemselves.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Extrapolation issues exist forcross-species experiments. Plenty of medicines work on certainspecies and not others. And it's only used because it's muchcheaper than other alternatives. Give your cat aspirin and yourisk killing him/her. Sometimes side effects can't be accountedfor, such as thalidomide.

The problem with saying it's okay touse animal experiments on massively populated species is that you'retreating them as an object but change the stance when their numbersare down. That's why utilitarianism is a bit simplistic. Placing extra value onto an animal's perceived worth is alsowhy many animals end up being endangered to start with, e.g. ivoryand fur.

The problem is a lot of animal testing is used tofind problems caused mostly by humans' poor lifestyles. I usedto be against animal testing when I did consume animal productsbut, when I read I didn't need animal products to live, I thought itwould be hypocritical for me to continue. I don't know howeffective Chinese medicine is. Quite a lot of the populationdon't have sympathy for people who die from recreational drugoverdoses but somehow the lack of sympathy for people who harm theirown health from legal substances co-exists. The two largestforms of cancer (lung and bowel) by death toll in the UK arelifestyle choice related for a large part – one caused by smoking,the other caused by poor diet (lack of fibre). Plus animals cannot consent. If consent is not an issue in their vivisection or their slaughter for animal consumption then why is it an issue all of a sudden when a very few number of humans decide to have sex with animals? It's hypocrisy.

It's more theincessant nature of humans doing as they please because there'salways the chance of needless side effects, such as zoonotic diseaseslike BSE, and there are plant alternatives in many situations. Thereis this white crystalline xanthine alkaloid that a lot of peopleconsume every day that kills cancer cells. And its powder form,which is totally legal in the UK, is more dangerous than mephedrone,which the dumb tabloids helped get banned for being dangerous (nannystate gone mad). What is this wonderful drug? Why caffeine ofcourse. While we can't take it yet, as we'd die by caffeinepoisoning, that is better than worrying about extrapolation issueshaving tested on different species.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Not much, I'm afraid, I don't have exact numbers but due to the immense amount of corruption in the government, the people are robbed on a daily basis essentially. As they say, practice what you preach and that seems to have no effect on the government. To the public they talk about ending terrorism, ending poverty but each new elected government does the same thing. Poverty is a massive issue there, which inevitably increased crime rates. People don't get paid that much which leads to mugging, kidnapping, robberies etc.

Yeah, you have a point. I should really look round the other threads a bit more.

I've lived in the UAE (Dubai) for the past 15 years or so and if you look at the different demographics, the local population is about 16% of the entire population and I won't lie the government does a lot for their people. That being said about 30% ish of the 5% are very rich with almost half of them being the bedouins (desert dwelling people, farmers, camel breeders etc) accommodate for 70% of their population. There are approximately 765,000 of them out of 8.2 million total population are farmers. Most of the rich are foreigners actually. American, British, Russian etc are scattered around the country. You see Porches, Lambourgini's, Ferrari's, Masterati's all the time. It's just another car here, especially in Dubai itself. The oil has helped a lot but their plan was to use tourism as a dependent source to drive the economy but the recession really killed that buzz.
    Not sure why I said Gulf monarchies as they are the better ones tbh. Was thinking more of the Greater Middle East, which is basically the 'Middle East', north Africa and Pakistan with the presidential countries in mind. Basically the Arab Spring kicked off with Tunisia. Heard of people getting fed up with not having jobs so that they can live a fairly decent life. Stuff like license laws made it difficult for people to start their own trades etc. Either way it shows how much humans think of themselves rather than other people. Not entirely sure what crime Roman has committed, either in Russia or abroad, as I'm not sure what it would come under.

ReputationRep:
    Probably old, but Anelka looks absolutely delighted! :awesome:

Don't know what gets to me the most.The elevator music, or the expression (or lack thereof) on his face. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Not sure why I said Gulf monarchies as they are the better ones tbh. Was thinking more of the Greater Middle East, which is basically the 'Middle East', north Africa and Pakistan with the presidential countries in mind. Basically the Arab Spring kicked off with Tunisia. Heard of people getting fed up with not having jobs so that they can live a fairly decent life. Stuff like license laws made it difficult for people to start their own trades etc. Either way it shows how much humans think of themselves rather than other people. Not entirely sure what crime Roman has committed, either in Russia or abroad, as I'm not sure what it would come under.
    Yes, a lot of people are fed up. Prices have inflated and that means much more careful spending for the middle and labour class out here. The top earners haven't stopped spending. Spot on, I can tell you from personal experience (well sort of) that it is such a pain to get approvals from the labour ministry, lots of expenses, forms, procedures. It honestly takes a good while before anything is really done. I completely agree with you there. Yeah really wouldn't know where to class any of his crimes if he has committed any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)
    Probably old, but Anelka looks absolutely delighted! :awesome:

Don't know what gets to me the most.The elevator music, or the expression (or lack thereof) on his face. :lol:
    Hahaha, elevator music just makes his expressions even more lacking :lol: at 0:26 it seems like he's thinking: 'I've made a huge mistake'

Oh Niko.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Hahaha, elevator music just makes his expressions even more lacking :lol: at 0:26 it seems like he's thinking: 'I've made a huge mistake'

Oh Niko.
    I'm dying :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    The top comment on that video is brilliant

"If I squint I can pretend it's a Milan-shirt.."

ReputationRep:
    I wonder... we could go for Gomez (since Bayern have allowed him to leave), or, perhaps we could quickly step in and try and get Higuain before Arsenal manage to? (and then sell Ba or Torres if possible). Think they're having problems. But then again, they wouldn't sell anyone to Mourinho...

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't want either of them two

ReputationRep:
    I wonder... we could go for Gomez (since Bayern have allowed him to leave), or, perhaps we could quickly step in and try and get Higuain before Arsenal manage to? (and then sell Ba or Torres if possible). Think they're having problems. But then again, they wouldn't sell anyone to Mourinho...
    This is why we cant have nice things

ReputationRep:
    I think some Real Madrid players would avoid working with Mourinho ever again. Higuain was in Madrid faction Mourinho successfully managed to pi*s off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I think some Real Madrid players would avoid working with Mourinho ever again. Higuain was in Madrid faction Mourinho successfully managed to pi*s off.
    Not really, higuain was not involved in the thing, it was the portuguese and the spanish(besides arbeloa) higuain complained about game time but he got game time this season.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.