The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4040
Original post by NDGAARONDI
Not sure why I said Gulf monarchies as they are the better ones tbh. Was thinking more of the Greater Middle East, which is basically the 'Middle East', north Africa and Pakistan with the presidential countries in mind. Basically the Arab Spring kicked off with Tunisia. Heard of people getting fed up with not having jobs so that they can live a fairly decent life. Stuff like license laws made it difficult for people to start their own trades etc. Either way it shows how much humans think of themselves rather than other people. Not entirely sure what crime Roman has committed, either in Russia or abroad, as I'm not sure what it would come under.

Yes, a lot of people are fed up. Prices have inflated and that means much more careful spending for the middle and labour class out here. The top earners haven't stopped spending. Spot on, I can tell you from personal experience (well sort of) that it is such a pain to get approvals from the labour ministry, lots of expenses, forms, procedures. It honestly takes a good while before anything is really done. I completely agree with you there. Yeah really wouldn't know where to class any of his crimes if he has committed any.
Reply 4041
Original post by UnWise
Probably old, but Anelka looks absolutely delighted! :awesome:

[video="youtube;v37suDoylik"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v37suDoylik[/video]

Don't know what gets to me the most.The elevator music, or the expression (or lack thereof) on his face. :lol:

Hahaha, elevator music just makes his expressions even more lacking :lol: at 0:26 it seems like he's thinking: 'I've made a huge mistake'

Oh Niko.
Reply 4042
Original post by iRush
Hahaha, elevator music just makes his expressions even more lacking :lol: at 0:26 it seems like he's thinking: 'I've made a huge mistake'

Oh Niko.

I'm dying :rofl:
Reply 4043
The top comment on that video is brilliant

"If I squint I can pretend it's a Milan-shirt.."
I wonder... we could go for Gomez (since Bayern have allowed him to leave), or, perhaps we could quickly step in and try and get Higuain before Arsenal manage to? :colone: (and then sell Ba or Torres if possible). Think they're having problems. But then again, they wouldn't sell anyone to Mourinho...
Reply 4045
Wouldn't want either of them two
Original post by The Assassin
I wonder... we could go for Gomez (since Bayern have allowed him to leave), or, perhaps we could quickly step in and try and get Higuain before Arsenal manage to? :colone: (and then sell Ba or Torres if possible). Think they're having problems. But then again, they wouldn't sell anyone to Mourinho...

This is why we cant have nice things :frown:
Original post by The Assassin

I think some Real Madrid players would avoid working with Mourinho ever again. Higuain was in Madrid faction Mourinho successfully managed to pi*s off.
Reply 4048
Original post by sevchenko
I think some Real Madrid players would avoid working with Mourinho ever again. Higuain was in Madrid faction Mourinho successfully managed to pi*s off.

Not really, higuain was not involved in the thing, it was the portuguese and the spanish(besides arbeloa) higuain complained about game time but he got game time this season.
Reply 4049
Original post by Tweek
Wouldn't want either of them two

Even as a backup? That's the kind of person we need as a backup who'd get 15-20 goals on the bench imo. Look at united and hernandez e.g.
Reply 4050
Original post by jam277
Even as a backup? That's the kind of person we need as a backup who'd get 15-20 goals on the bench imo. Look at united and hernandez e.g.

Not on those wages though
Original post by jam277

But why would they come to be a back-up? Gomez wants to leave because he can't get starts at Bayern. You need a striker to come in and be first choice. Neither Torres or Ba are good enough. Lukaku still young. Hernandez cost less than 10m and wasn't proven, so he was happy to be 2nd fiddle. Think that's a different situation to Gomez who'll cost more, demand higher wages than Hernandez and want to be a starter..
Well Gomez is off to Fiorentina so that's done.
You guys are running out of (amongst popular choices) top striking talent to buy
Reply 4054
Original post by Tommyjw
You guys are running out of (amongst popular choices) top striking talent to buy

Good I'd rather we buy someone relatively unknown and cheap. For the league I don't see how with the strikers we currently have and new additions like Schurrle that can't be enough. The only problem might be CL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Like who? I don't have any else in mind who's very good that Chelsea can sign. Only other option is Rooney but Moyes will probably try and keep him.
Reply 4056
Well Lewandowski is off to Bayern in 2014/15, so he's also out of the question. There's always Negredo and Soldado otherwise, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that's left to buy, unless ofc we offer Cavani a better chance in England.
Still don't see why we don't keep an eye on Benteke, he's a quality striker and would work well with Lukaku up top. 2 big guys which can win headers and can hold the ball up. I really do not want Suarez up front for us, it's ridiculous we're even linked with the guy.
Burak Yilmaz would probably do a good job for you. 25 league goals in 30 games and was the joint top scorer in the CL last season (I think) with 8 goals in 9 apps.

Beautiful....

Latest