The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4180
Original post by 419
Saw Bruma in the u20, the clear standout in an extremely terrible Portuguese squad. I mean, they had Heskey's lovechild leading their front line.

Bruma set up that chance iirc and he's technically sound and has trickery to his game. But damn man, this kid needs to learn a lot more and would end up ala Quaresma if he joins you guys. Reckon if he must leave Portugal, he should go to a mid table Spanish team.

I think he'd do decent in the prem as well. Think he's best suited for man united if he wanted to go to a big club tbh I think he'd be a guy they'd want what with nani's contract situation and valencia's poor form. Spurs are in a similar boat, townsend has done well at QPR but they could do with another young tricky winger considering the way they play their game with fast wingers.

Arsenal he's not really needed though with chamberlain coming in and arsenal needing to buy quality and not potential atm.

Liverpool
Original post by Isometrix
Probably, the battle is over but the war is still on. A moment of silence for Nathan Ake who is next in line for this perilous journey of doom...

:rofl: yeah seriously anyone who makes it out of vitesse with their career still in tact is pretty much destined for greatness.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4181
Probably, the battle is over but the war is still on. A moment of silence for Nathan Ake who is next in line for this perilous journey of doom...

A moment indeed. There are still more rings about here and each one of them has been tasked, it just so happens that Kalas was the first one there. A moment of thought goes to Gael Kakuta and PvA who have been on the journey the longest and have been thwarted at the Black Gate. Ake and Piazon may just be a glimmer of hope for all of Middle Earth.

Oh God, I'm loving this, we can go places with this story line xD

Original post by cleveradam
If De Rossi comes, our we going to have a bench full of midfielders?
Ramires, Essien, Mikel won't get a look in.
Don't even think Mikel is going to go for a 16 million deal.
All we really need is 1-2 CB's and a striker who can do job - Midfield is more than enough to compete if not win the title.
In my opinion, I believe we have the best midfield by a distance with Luiz playing as a single CDM.
Lukaku/Ba/* - up front would be lethal
Defence needs to clear up mistakes and Ivanovic needs to learn to not go attack too often against good teams.
I'm sure with the introduction of Terry back into defense the goals leaking in the league should slow down hopefully.

Tbf, we needed one more CB and with Kalas joining its essentially a new signing there. We only have 2 DMs atm in Romeu and Mikel and if rumours are to believed then Romeu is off to Valencia on loan which only means we have Mikel so getting De Rossi makes sense.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by iRush
A moment indeed. There are still more rings about here and each one of them has been tasked, it just so happens that Kalas was the first one there. A moment of thought goes to Gael Kakuta and PvA who have been on the journey the longest and have been thwarted at the Black Gate. Ake and Piazon may just be a glimmer of hope for all of Middle Earth.

Oh God, I'm loving this, we can go places with this story line xD

Yeah lol. I'm picturing Jose as Gandalf saving them - "YOU SHALL NOT BE LOANED".
Reply 4183
Yeah lol. I'm picturing Jose as Gandalf saving them - "YOU SHALL NOT BE LOANED".

''PLAY, YOU FOOLS"

Marko van Ginkel or Josh McEachran can be Aragorn, who is born for greatness and one day will be King (assuming Lamps was the old king and they need a new one to guide them through)

Iso, lets send the script to the management :tongue:
Romeu to Valencia on loan confirmed.
Reply 4185
Original post by The Assassin
Romeu to Valencia on loan confirmed.
A good move for Romeu. Surely we must be close to signing a CDM then, hopefully these cash + wallace on loan for De Rossi rumours are true, Wallace is only 19 and we're now pretty stacked at RB with Azpi/Ivanovic/Kalas/Essien all able to play the position so a loan would be good for him tbh.
Original post by Nickini
A good move for Romeu. Surely we must be close to signing a CDM then, hopefully these cash + wallace on loan for De Rossi rumours are true, Wallace is only 19 and we're now pretty stacked at RB with Azpi/Ivanovic/Kalas/Essien all able to play the position so a loan would be good for him tbh.

Yep. De Rossi would be absolutely perfect. Just gotta get Rooney for our strikeforce too then we'll be set.

I don't suppose you've (or anyone else here) seen Wallace place before? I have no idea what he's like but reading elsewhere some seem reluctant to let him go. Wonder if he would come under the homegrown criteria -- we signed him when he was 18 I think so if he spends 3 seasons with the club that means he's homegrown? (Has to be from 16-21, I think).
Reply 4187
Yep. De Rossi would be absolutely perfect. Just gotta get Rooney for our strikeforce too then we'll be set.

I don't suppose you've (or anyone else here) seen Wallace place before? I have no idea what he's like but reading elsewhere some seem reluctant to let him go. Wonder if he would come under the homegrown criteria -- we signed him when he was 18 I think so if he spends 3 seasons with the club that means he's homegrown? (Has to be from 16-21, I think).
Rooney would be excellent, although I doubt he'll end up leaving United. Signing a new striker would be a luxury, I think we'll be fine without one.

Unfortunately I haven't, I've heard he's decent with potential to be really good though, seems Roma have been after him for awhile. Not too sure on the homegrown front, he turned 19 in May, and I'm pretty sure spending time on loan doesn't count as being at the club so I doubt it.
Reply 4188
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/220711.html#

Seems like we've made an 8 million for Bruma.

Am I the only one who doesn't actually want Rooney?
Original post by iRush
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/220711.html#

Seems like we've made an 8 million for Bruma.

Am I the only one who doesn't actually want Rooney?

Rooney can **** off and camp at United. There is no reason we should buy him - that too for 60 million? Don't need his attitude in the team.

Why are we buying midfielders and wingers? We will become a laughing stock very soon if all we do is keep buying players then loaning them. Surely Jose Mourinho can't keep making all these promises to each midfielder.

Also Essien is back at Chelsea.
Reply 4190
http://www.teamtalk.com/fanzone/15164/8818970/Inside-track-on-Chelsea-s-Marco-van-Ginkel

For anyone wanting to know more about van Ginkel, quite a good article from three Dutch writers.
Reply 4191
Original post by Nickini
http://www.teamtalk.com/fanzone/15164/8818970/Inside-track-on-Chelsea-s-Marco-van-Ginkel

For anyone wanting to know more about van Ginkel, quite a good article from three Dutch writers.

Did you find that from Reddit by any chance? :tongue:
Reply 4192
Original post by iRush
Did you find that from Reddit by any chance? :tongue:
Indeed I did :tongue:
Reply 4193
Original post by Nickini
Indeed I did :tongue:

Gotta love Reddit :tongue:
Reply 4194
United fans be mad.
Reply 4195
Bruma (Jeffrey Bruma that is, 21-year old CB) has left us for PSV. Apparently we've included a buy-back clause.

https://twitter.com/JBruma/status/356051560482078720/photo/1
We sure have a lot of connections and whatnot with dutch players/teams.
This thread is so inactive compared to the others.

--

Even though Guardiola isn't great against us, I honestly cannot see us winning the Super Cup. (Yes I know it's very early to talk about this but whatever).

Don't know how well Van Ginkel or De Bruyne will do for us even though they look like promising players. Not sure about Rooney or De Rossi. But let's assume it goes fine...

-------------Rooney------------
--De Bruyne--Hazard--Mata---
--Van Ginkel--De Rossi--
--Cole--Terry--Luiz--Azpi

If not then replace De Rossi with Luiz, Luiz with Ivan, and Rooney with Lukaku.

Don't even know wtf Guardiola will use. How is he supposed to fit Thiago in?

Neuer
Lahm Martinez Alaba
Muller Thiago Schwei Kroos
Robben Götze Ribery

Schwein Martinez
Kroos
Muller Gotze Thiago

Probably not going to be the first one but I really don't know. But damn, that's a really really strong squad.

Looking forward to playing the all star teams to see how well some of our new players do.
This thread is so inactive compared to the others.

--

Even though Guardiola isn't great against us, I honestly cannot see us winning the Super Cup. (Yes I know it's very early to talk about this but whatever).

Don't know how well Van Ginkel or De Bruyne will do for us even though they look like promising players. Not sure about Rooney or De Rossi. But let's assume it goes fine...

-------------Rooney------------
--De Bruyne--Hazard--Mata---
--Van Ginkel--De Rossi--
--Cole--Terry--Luiz--Azpi

If not then replace De Rossi with Luiz, Luiz with Ivan, and Rooney with Lukaku.

Don't even know wtf Guardiola will use. How is he supposed to fit Thiago in?

Neuer
Lahm Martinez Alaba
Muller Thiago Schwei Kroos
Robben Götze Ribery

Schwein Martinez
Kroos
Muller Gotze Thiago

Probably not going to be the first one but I really don't know. But damn, that's a really really strong squad.

Looking forward to playing the all star teams to see how well some of our new players do.

Gotze wont be used as a false 9.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest