Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    No I mean the fact that they modified the system to suit him was actually for the best, even if they were annoyed by it.
    My bad! I misread that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conzy210)
    I was one of those people I thought Cisse would provide just as many goals, that really didn't happen...
    Hehe, yeah even though it was a fairly big loss I thought Cisse would still be there to help. The season before he was very good (that goal against us was just... wow), but it just wasn't the same for him last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Hehe, yeah even though it was a fairly big loss I thought Cisse would still be there to help. The season before he was very good (that goal against us was just... wow), but it just wasn't the same for him last season.
    Not sure what happened to Cisse tbh, or whether or not I rate him. There was so many clear cut chances he missed last season, and I was just sat there thinking 'Ba would have scored that'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Ba's the weakest of our strikers, not physically obviously, but that says a lot considering how poor Nando has been since 2011. HOWEVER Ba always has a good start to the season and then drops off around February, so if we don't get Rooney then we can use Ba mainly if he's playing well along with Torres and get Lukaku to bed in.

But honestly I think Romelu will start banging them in as soon as the season starts. He thrives on good delivery and we have the best players in the league to give him that. He doesn't usually miss many sitters either.

It's incredible to think that he could be the next big thing and just over 12 months ago he was having a stinker against Blackburn in the last game of the league season
    Agree with ba, he should start earlier on in the season, the way I think we should do it is cup strikers(league cup, FA cup early CL/dead rubber stages) and 2 league/latter CL stage(if we get there :sigh:) strikers 60-30 each game.

Tbf he didn't have a stinker vs blackburn, he delivered a great cross for terry earlier you mean the fulham match right? He was pretty **** then.

Tbh it was always going to happen with lukaku, people forget that he was an 18 year old, getting little game time at a club like chelsea after having great seasons with anderlecht and being the top goalscorer in the league at age 17, it's very easy to go under the radar or look underwhelming but when you put it in perspective, his performance in that season was expected. It's why I bang on about how selling/not using sturridge was absolutely stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conzy210)
    Not sure what happened to Cisse tbh, or whether or not I rate him. There was so many clear cut chances he missed last season, and I was just sat there thinking 'Ba would have scored that'...
    If there's anything to sooth the blues of losing ba, I did enjoy your games last season, you're probably the most enjoyable hoof team in the league. The benfica games were pretty exciting too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manty)
    i dont look at strikers as a "back up" instead ask, how could this player change a game, as a club looking at europe, ba just isnt good enough frankly.

Fair enough. I'm not saying I rate him particularly highly. I was just saying that if we have two performing strikers and goals from midfield he's a decent option.

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...es-this-season

Okay, so what does this mean? When Nando plays we'll have a different system and when Lukaku plays we'll have another? I hope this turns out well.

ReputationRep:

Juan Mata :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Just watched highlights of the Inter game. Is it just me who thinks Hazard looks like he's put on a little weight?

ReputationRep:
    Nah we all mentioned it at the time lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)

Juan Mata :mmm:
    :lolwut:

Thank god he can play football...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Just watched highlights of the Inter game. Is it just me who thinks Hazard looks like he's put on a little weight?
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we helped Aldershot Town get out of administration. That's nice of the club...

ReputationRep:
    We helped, but I've seen plenty of other fans of clubs on other forums say that it was manipulative of us and a nasty thing to do. Strangely or not (a lot of those fans were Liverpool fans).

ReputationRep:
    Really? Very odd of them tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Quite sad really.

Drogba still haunting Wenger

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah. I hope Lukaku can do the same

ReputationRep:
    Did you see Drogba's dive today? Arguably the worst he's ever had.

Still couldn't handle him though, terrific player even at 35.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

just seen it , that was horrific.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2byo9jDDVg Was out earlier on Holloway road and I saw loads of arsenal fans looking sad. You guys defiantly need Suarez but Giroud has been beast during pre season.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.