Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    tbf Marko Marin was on fire in pre-season the season before last.

ReputationRep:
    Museter...come back

ReputationRep:
    Drogba still makes me cry when he scores. Why did he leave us.
    Seems like sneijders found his feet at gala too. Wouldn't want them in the group stages tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Seems like sneijders found his feet at gala too. Wouldn't want them in the group stages tbh.
    Think we will tbh. Then if we get past the group stages we'd probably face Napoli (if they made it past, and if they weren't in the group stages), or Madrid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Think we will tbh. Then if we get past the group stages we'd probably face Napoli (if they made it past, and if they weren't in the group stages), or Madrid.
    Can we just get porto, ajax and some second rate team please?

ReputationRep:
    Can we just get porto, ajax and some second rate team please?
    Haha, any of those teams would be alright. Wouldn't even mind Shahktar because they've gotten weaker. Just not Bayern or anyone like that

We can't be that weak compared to Gala though. I think we'd do alright.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, any of those teams would be alright. Wouldn't even mind Shahktar because they've gotten weaker. Just not Bayern or anyone like that

We can't be that weak compared to Gala though. I think we'd do alright.
    I reckon a win and a draw vs gala tbh. Shaktar did still dominate the league again. I don't know about their signings are they still raiding metalist btw?

ReputationRep:
    I reckon a win and a draw vs gala tbh. Shaktar did still dominate the league again. I don't know about their signings are they still raiding metalist btw?
    What they like to do is buy loads of promising youngsters from mainly South America -- the most being Brazil. Similar to Porto in that sense. Also, because their owner is rich as hell (much richer than Abramovich), as well as their stadium size, success over the years, etc. they're easily able to buy the good/promising players from the other teams in the league which weakens any competition and they have an advantage over their closest rivals to the league in getting those players.

And yes, Metalist haven't had a great record against them recently. And Shahktar were 14 points clear this season, I believe. It'll probably be lower this season since they've lost some key players (Fernandinho and Henrikh), and having their youngsters develop but I expect them to win it again. It'll be harder this time without Willian, Fernandinho and Henrikh in the CL too which is why it wouldn't be as hard to beat them.

Agree with the record vs Gala btw.

--

We're facing Milan tonight . Should be good. Then against Real Madrid if we win :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    So happy! Drogba has once again destroyed Arsenal and Assun Wenger is mad as always

ReputationRep:
    Cech
    Azpilicueta Ivanovic Cahill Bertrand
    Van Ginkel Essien
    De Bruyne Oscar Hazard
    Ba

vs milan

Any problems? Looks fine tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Cech
    Azpilicueta Ivanovic Cahill Bertrand
    Van Ginkel Essien
    De Bruyne Oscar Hazard
    Ba

vs milan

Any problems? Looks fine tbh.
    Well it seems he is really gonna give some of these youngsters a chance to show what they are about and prove themselves against a formidable opponent. Should be interesting. I'm also interested to see how Ba does when actually starting this time

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to this, it's my first chance to really see how we're shaping up. It's also a good standard of opposition.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got the Milan line up

ReputationRep:
    De jong trying to injure hazard early on...
    Anyway, seems like we're playing a high line this time.
    Good start though. Reckon milans fitness levels aren't as high as ours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    has anyone got the Milan line up
    Abbiati; Antonini, Zapata, Silvestre, Emanuelson; De Jong, Muntari, Montolivo; Boateng, Balotelli, El-Shaarawy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    He was good for Newcastle and some people say Benitez rotated him out of form but I don't think he fits in this team well. He's not awful though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you watching the milan game, ba is so poor!

ReputationRep:
    Sneijder is way too lazy for a 2013 AM, bit of a dinosaur. He got away with murder in 2010, but his game was found out pretty quickly thereafter.

ReputationRep:
    Oscars been rather poor this half tbh. Hazard seems like he's getting better than his performance vs inter. Balotelli and el shawaary have been causing problems though.
    Beautiful goal btw!!!

ReputationRep:
    That was a lovely goal. A fantastically composed finish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Sneijder is way too lazy for a 2013 AM, bit of a dinosaur. He got away with murder in 2010, but his game was found out pretty quickly thereafter.
    Tbf that 4-2-1-3 formation suited his strengths, they had pretty workhard midfielders for him. The only problem is when he's in a 2 man midfield or a midfield with a man like pirlo who doesn't have the energy to press and allow sneijder to use his energy for attacking work rate. You can only have one guy like sneijder in the team I think.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.