Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Don't use ba. That's the only clue. I think that they'll get equal gametime. I'd say that torres has performed fairly well so far, I think by our madrid match we'll know.
    Lol tbh before Fantasy football I nearly forgot about Ba. Peak.
    Surely Mourinho isn't going to be backing Torres? If he starts over Lukaku I'd be disappointed- he offers so much more.

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona have made an official bid for David Luiz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101101)
    It doesn't mean that it will be accepted, nor does it mean that the player will go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    It doesn't mean that it will be accepted, nor does it mean that the player will go.
    Well obviously, but it means he could leave.

ReputationRep:
    David luiz bid. :rofl: this happens every season. It's not happening.

(Original post by KingMessi)
    So that's 3 seasons in a row they've wanted him. I'll just treat this as a non story again like the past two seasons.
    Lets face it we don't have enough CB's of the required quality if we sell one. Selling him is stupid. We should ask for pique and montoya straight swap for luiz.

ReputationRep:
    No offense to Luiz (he's awesome), but would they not go for someone who's a bit more, erm, 'reliable' in the defence? This guy is class at some points but at other points I cringe at what he does.

Maybe he'll do okay at Barca though -- it's possible his weak positioning won't be much of a problem there compared to here? Not that we should sell him anyways considering we needed to get a CB this year ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    No offense to Luiz (he's awesome), but would they not go for someone who's a bit more, erm, 'reliable' in the defence? This guy is class at some points but at other points I cringe at what he does.

Maybe he'll do okay at Barca though -- it's possible his weak positioning won't be much of a problem there compared to here? Not that we should sell him anyways considering we needed to get a CB this year ffs.
    Yeah, good points, don't care what anyone says luiz can be an absolute liability, and with mascherano being one and pique being a liability at times too they don't need another guy who's defensive errors costs 5-10 goals per season.

I like luiz though, and would rather get rid of a DM and put luiz in there or use him as CB for the big games(he seems to be riled up for the occassion for some reason)

ReputationRep:
    David luiz bid. :rofl: this happens every season. It's not happening.

So that's 3 seasons in a row they've wanted him. I'll just treat this as a non story again like the past two seasons.
    Lets face it we don't have enough CB's of the required quality if we sell one. Selling him is stupid. We should ask for pique and montoya straight swap for luiz.

Yeah, good points, don't care what anyone says luiz can be an absolute liability, and with mascherano being one and pique being a liability at times too they don't need another guy who's defensive errors costs 5-10 goals per season.

I like luiz though, and would rather get rid of a DM and put luiz in there or use him as CB for the big games(he seems to be riled up for the occassion for some reason)
    My my thankfully I have learned from the Higuain transfer and Fabregas to know its not going to happen :rofl:

I shudder at the thought of Alba, Luiz, Pique and Alves all defending. There will be no damn defenders, Valdes will be in a permanent state of crapping his pants.

Hell hey **** defenders lets just play Keeper , Midfield section A and Midfield section B with Strikers. Defending is so overrated. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    My my thankfully I have learned from the Higuain transfer and Fabregas to know its not going to happen :rofl:

I shudder at the thought of Alba, Luiz, Pique and Alves all defending. There will be no damn defenders, Valdes will be in a permanent state of crapping his pants.

Hell hey **** defenders lets just play Keeper , Midfield section A and Midfield section B with Strikers. Defending is so overrated. :lol:
    A 7-2-messi formation would work a charm tbh.

ReputationRep:

lol If we got rid of Mikel and put Luiz there then that'd be fine -- but right now I'd rather him get used to one role rather than switching every so often. He still isn't all that comfortable as a CB (despite all these years) nor as a DM so I want him to get used to one thing properly. Mourinho will know what to do though.

That'd probably be the DM situation resolved, I think, but then we'd need yet another CB lol.

I wonder, perhaps, if José will make him the next captain. Clearly shows heart/desire in his games and out of all our players he's got good leadership imo. Just needs a bit more discipline which José can surely help with considering some of our past players and players elsewhere. Dunno how long Terry will be captain for.

ReputationRep:
    A 7-2-messi formation would work a charm tbh.
    Maybe if we didn't have a cripple in goal...

Seriously the scouts at Barcelona are so bad defensively. Silva, Luiz who's the next unattainable target?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    lol If we got rid of Mikel and put Luiz there then that'd be fine -- but right now I'd rather him get used to one role rather than switching every so often. He still isn't all that comfortable as a CB (despite all these years) nor as a DM so I want him to get used to one thing properly. Mourinho will know what to do though.

That'd probably be the DM situation resolved, I think, but then we'd need yet another CB lol.

I wonder, perhaps, if he'll make him the next captain. Clearly shows heart/desire in all his games and out of all our players he's got good leadership imo. Just needs a bit more discipline which José can surely do. Dunno how long Terry will be captain for.
    I'd give it 2 more years. Terry will be 34 and not playing too many games. Although He could do a lothar mattheus for us and play till he's 40 :sogood:

Tbh I'd say DM situation is already resolved, if we can sort out the CB position too then that's fine.

ReputationRep:
    looking forward to the match tonight..shame it's on really late like 1.45am BST right? Think Chelsea will win this, and hope they can score quite a few goals and play very well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silver0)
    looking forward to the match tonight..shame it's on really late like 1.45am BST right? Think Chelsea will win this, and hope they can score quite a few goals and play very well
    Personally I think it'll go down to penalties. Madrid have a stronger team than us man for man. Our defence looked a bit shaky at times vs milan and ronaldo and co can exploit that. Hoping to be proven wrong but I'm not expecting a win as of yet.

ReputationRep:
    ****, I have to be up earlyish tomorrow. I thought it started at 1:00 am not 1:45? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think it'll go down to penalties. Madrid have a stronger team than us man for man. Our defence looked a bit shaky at times vs milan and ronaldo and co can exploit that. Hoping to be proven wrong but I'm not expecting a win as of yet.
    Madrid did struggle for long periods against United and Dortmund who they have superior players to both.
    Mourinho knows Madrid's frailties so hopefully he can exploit them. Plus Mourinho has a good record vs Ancelotti

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    Madrid did struggle for long periods against United and Dortmund who they have superior players to both.
    Mourinho knows Madrid's frailties so hopefully he can exploit them. Plus Mourinho has a good record vs Ancelotti
    I guess so. But I reckon that ancelotti is probably trying to implement a possession retaining style. We'll see though. Madrids problems under mourinho were breaking down teams from deep, so all united had to do was put 10 men behind the ball and madrid couldn't play their style.

ReputationRep:
    Is the RM game at 2am tonight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101101)
    So?

ReputationRep:
    Luiz ain't going nowhere, Mourinho has already stated he's part of his plans and we won't have it if he leaves

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.