Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I never understood why David Luiz played in Defence, he was a CM in Brazil..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    No offense to Luiz (he's awesome), but would they not go for someone who's a bit more, erm, 'reliable' in the defence? This guy is class at some points but at other points I cringe at what he does.

Maybe he'll do okay at Barca though -- it's possible his weak positioning won't be much of a problem there compared to here? Not that we should sell him anyways considering we needed to get a CB this year ffs.
    David Luiz isn't a natural CB, he is a CM

ReputationRep:
    Ffs the Arsenal thread being bad was deleted jam. We wrote up essays for nothing

(Original post by Galileo Galilei)
    David Luiz isn't a natural CB, he is a CM
    Didn't even know that wtf? Really? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Ffs the Arsenal thread being bad was deleted jam. We wrote up essays for nothing

Yup, he really is a CM, I blame previous managers for playing him in Defence:yep:

ReputationRep:

Worst thing was that we completely domed her in those posts :rofl: Just needed it to stay there for an hour so she could have egg on her face.

ReputationRep:

Couldn't handle the truth. Sadly bunch of deluded posters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Couldn't handle the truth. Sadly bunch of deluded posters.
    Tbf it was getting heated up. :rofl: Szcezcny the best young GK in the world, koscielny the best CB in the world wtf is this life?

ReputationRep:
    I read the ones addressed to me. I think Chelsea are in with a strong chance of getting Rooney, but I don't think it's a good thing. He's overrated, reaching his peak, he's egotistical and could harm Lukaku's development, who actually has the potential be the next Drogba. It's another one of these disgustingly big signings which will be an embarrassment for Chelsea, just seeing that ape in a Chelsea shirt after spending so much time at Man Utd, the wages he'll demand, the price tag. As soon as he's signed he'll probably insult Man Utd and say how Chelsea is a bigger team or something really undignified like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Tbf it was getting heated up. :rofl: Szcezcny the best young GK in the world, koscielny the best CB in the world wtf is this life?
    Don't forget Jack Wilshere is on the level of Xavi, Iniesta, Schweinsteiger and co

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar-n-spice)
    I read it. I think Chelsea are in with a strong chance of getting Rooney, but I don't think it's a good thing. He's overrated, reaching his peak, he's egotistical and could harm Lukaku's development, who actually has the potential be the next Drogba. It's another one of these disgustingly big signings which will be an embarrassment for Chelsea, just seeing that ape in a Chelsea shirt after spending so much time at Man Utd, the wages he'll demand, the price tag. As soon as he's signed he'll probably insult Man Utd and say how Chelsea is a bigger team or something really undignified like that.
    Its funny that you didn't reply to my post...
    But the thing is rooney isn't overrated, he's been forced to play in many different positions last season, including CM which obviously hampered his form that season and tbh his qualities, such as his hard work, ability to play in different positions, going out wide, being able to instigate play from deep and other such qualities is why he'd be a good striker.

If we get rooney then ba is out of the door, and I know that we will use lukaku, who's impressed a lot in pre season, people complain about mourinho not using the youth but he used a few young/younger players in his first spell here, petr cech, arjen robben and he did use drogba and developed his game into a world class striker. I don't doubt that he'd get the best out of lukaku. But I think he knows torres isn't up to it.

ReputationRep:
    Was just reading some posts in the other threads so didn't reply, but jam basically said everything I wanted to say.

But okay, I still don't get why it was immature to suggest that we had a chance of signing/should've tried to sign some of the rest?

ReputationRep:
    Was just reading some posts in the other threads so didn't reply, but jam basically said everything I wanted to say.

But okay, I still don't get why it was immature to suggest that we had a chance of signing/should've tried to sign some of the rest?
    Oh and no reply to this btw. I'd like rooney though. It would be an interesting signing that's for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and no reply to this btw. I'd like rooney though. It would be an interesting signing that's for sure.
    lol there's been a lot of tension this morning - in all of the threads. But it was nice to see the forum so active.

In other news, Anzi seem be in a bit of a predicament with their owner. That means Willian could be up for sale :teeth:.

Nah obviously not needed but I've really liked his performances for Shahktar in the league and in the CL. He's been better than Schurrle/Moses lol. Can play as an AM too if needed.

ReputationRep:
    Its funny that you didn't reply to my post...
    But the thing is rooney isn't overrated, he's been forced to play in many different positions last season, including CM which obviously hampered his form that season and tbh his qualities, such as his hard work, ability to play in different positions, going out wide, being able to instigate play from deep and other such qualities is why he'd be a good striker.

If we get rooney then ba is out of the door, and I know that we will use lukaku, who's impressed a lot in pre season, people complain about mourinho not using the youth but he used a few young/younger players in his first spell here, petr cech, arjen robben and he did use drogba and developed his game into a world class striker. I don't doubt that he'd get the best out of lukaku. But I think he knows torres isn't up to it.
    Christ, the thread was deleted which is why I didn't respond. He is overrated, there is reason he spent so much time on the bench last season, I think the English media have a thing with over-hyping all the English players. Chelsea don't exactly need another player who can play the ball from deep, come on now.

It's been seven minutes, impatience, must be a Chelsea thing. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, our new LB we signed from Chile has been sent on loan to Vitesse. RIP mate -- your 1-year yet promising career looked good while it lasted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar-n-spice)
    Christ, the thread was deleted which is why I didn't respond. He is overrated, there is reason he spent so much time on the bench last season, I think the English media have a thing with over-hyping all the English players. Chelsea don't exactly need another player who can play the ball from deep, come on now.

It's been seven minutes, impatience, must be a Chelsea thing. :rolleyes:
    Well he spent time on the bench the previous season due to injury and he also fell out with SAF. Are you trying to tell me that welbeck, valencia, nani and kagawa performed better than rooney did last season who play in positions he played in?

It's not this english conspiracy, wayne rooney gets goals and assists and is able to work hard for the team. You didn't read the whole thing. The way mourinho likes his strikers(if you've watched lukaku in preseason you'd get what I mean) is that he likes them tracking back, playing on the flanks to help the link up play and being able to help the team out by playing the ball from deep when needed.

We don't want a straight up goal poacher, hence why we didn't buy mario gomez (who went to fiorentina of all places) but we want someone who does more than score goals as a general complete forward. Rooney fits into this category.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, our new LB we signed from Chile has been sent on loan to Vitesse. RIP mate -- your 1-year yet promising career looked good while it lasted!
    A moment of silence to our brother at vitesse.

ReputationRep:
    Not trying to say that Rooney is better than Mata, but I have no idea why loads of people try and pretend that Rooney is **** when he clearly isn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Not trying to say that Rooney is better than Mata, but I have no idea why loads of people try and pretend that Rooney is **** when he clearly isn't

Exactly. I think it's the hipster opinion on english players because they don't do well internationally, similar to the pele>messi comments you hear from time to time.

ReputationRep:
    Well he spent time on the bench the previous season due to injury and he also fell out with SAF. Are you trying to tell me that welbeck, valencia, nani and kagawa performed better than rooney did last season who play in positions he played in?

It's not this english conspiracy, wayne rooney gets goals and assists and is able to work hard for the team. You didn't read the whole thing. The way mourinho likes his strikers(if you've watched lukaku in preseason you'd get what I mean) is that he likes them tracking back, playing on the flanks to help the link up play and being able to help the team out by playing the ball from deep when needed.

We don't want a straight up goal poacher, hence why we didn't buy mario gomez (who went to fiorentina of all places) but we want someone who does more than score goals as a general complete forward. Rooney fits into this category.
    Nani and Valencia are better wingers and Van Persie and Hernandez are better strikers, I don't deny Rooney is a great player but lets say there are tiers, in the top tier there is Ronaldo and Messi, next tier there are players like Buffon and Ibrahimovic (in their respective primes), Fabregas, Xavi, Cavani etc, Rooney is in the tier below that. Even looking at that picture comparing him with Mata, I'd say Mata has the edge, plus he's younger.

This is so idiotic it's unbelievable

http://www.fanatix.com/news/chelsea-...arison/127820/

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.