Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Yeah that's weird. They must be using another way of defining assist or something, because the official premier league website says he got 17 which ties in exactly with what I had remembered from last season. I usually keep quite a close eye on the top goal scorer and top assist charts during the season.
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Maybe the PL counts winning a penalty/an assist of the bar/post or whatever as an assist and those sites don't or something similar.
    I was looking into Bale's PL assist tally for last season and the PL site, whoscored and transfermarkt all gave different values so I think it's fair to say they all have different criteria. Transfermarkt seemed the most generous of the three and whoscored the least, in Spurs 3-2 victory at OT for instance transfermarkt gave Bale 2 assists, PL site gave him 1 and credited the other to Vertonghen whilst whoscored credited no one.

ReputationRep:
    Lampard and Van Ginkel to start. Will be interesting to see how Van Ginkel does without The Bison next to him.

ReputationRep:
    oscar and not KDB, lampard in and not essien, does anyone know why mata hasnt travelled?

ReputationRep:
    Who's playing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manty)
    oscar and not KDB, lampard in and not essien, does anyone know why mata hasnt travelled?
    :coma:

Anyone got starting line-ups?

ReputationRep:
    Very bad comments from Jose on Cristiano Ronaldo. Why would he say that Ronaldo is trash indirectly is pretty bad considering he scored 200 goals faster than games played and he wasn't the reason why Real failed last season. Sometimes Jose is idiotic with his comments even if it is mind games with other teams.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea starting XI (4-3-3):
    Petr Cech; Branislav Ivanovic, John Terry, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole; Marco Van Ginkel, Frank Lampard, Ramires; Eden Hazard, Oscar; Romelu Lukaku.

Real Madrid starting XI (4-2-3-1):
    Iker Casillas; Alvaro Arbeloa, Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo; Sami Khedira, Luka Modric; Isco, Mesui Özil, Cristiano Ronaldo; Karim Benzema.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    :coma:

Anyone got starting line-ups?
    Cech
    Brana-Cahill-Terry-Cole

Lampard-Van Ginkel-Ramires

Oscar-Lukaku-Hazard

I think from what i saw*

ReputationRep:
    Oh for ****s sake. 4-3-3 now? This cannot end well.

EDIT: WHY IS OSCAR ON THE FLANKS?

ReputationRep:
    Jose saying that when he faces real in the CL we'll be ready and they're not a worry for us atm since they're not in the prem.
    I think he's not expecting a win or he's being modest.
    I think we'll be fired up for the equation.

ReputationRep:
    I like the team but I don't like MvG being restricted in a anchorman role (assuming that's what he's going to play).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Oh for ****s sake. 4-3-3 now? This cannot end well.

EDIT: WHY IS OSCAR ON THE FLANKS?
    I thought that - although I prefer 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1 - but maybe Oscar is in midfield and Ramires is on the wing. Ramires certainly offers more from a physical standpoint, and Oscar is much better through the middle.

ReputationRep:
    I'm I watching the right game? some crazy neon light show is all I see

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Jose will be going back to his old school 4-3-3, that he used during his spell ay Chelsea, and not keeping the formation that both he (Real Madrid) and Chelsea used last season with the 4-2-3-1.

ReputationRep:
    Is there some good stream?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I'm I watching the right game? some crazy neon light show is all I see
    Damn Americans love to make a supershow out of everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billybo_h)
    I thought that - although I prefer 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1 - but maybe Oscar is in midfield and Ramires is on the wing. Ramires certainly offers more from a physical standpoint, and Oscar is much better through the middle.
    You're right.

So is Van Ginkel going to play deep then? He played further up front with Vitesse in the 4-3-3 but ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Looks like Jose will be going back to his old school 4-3-3, that he used during his spell ay Chelsea, and not keeping the formation that both he (Real Madrid) and Chelsea used last season with the 4-2-3-1.
    tbf we've been playing 4-2-3-1 for most of the other friendlies. I think it's going to be a mixture. I reckon if we do well 4-3-3 will be our CL formation and 4-2-3-1 for most of the other teams.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no if we're in a 4-2-3-1 that could mean Ramires is on the right wing! No José no!

ReputationRep:
    This is where Juan Mata would have been perfect and David Luiz!
    Would have been like a CL final had these 2 started.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.