Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    They're clearly the better team, but it was a good game. Like jam said I'm hoping we'll be more ready as the year progresses. We'll likely meet Real again.

Still a bit reluctant on this defence though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    I know, Carlo could take Real to another level, the defence has been pretty good as well. Interesting if this game causes you to show more urgency in the market.
    Yeah I expect another Rooney bid

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Read post 13 of this thread which I said around march. Do I have to say this to everyone.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Our young team. The fact that this season was a transition season, new players and a different style of play(less deep line long ball and more attacking possession play) a bit like bayern and real madrid play. I half expected the season to go like this. Was never optimistic about winning the title I still think we can make 2nd place in fact and have said this since july, we like to finish the season from march onwards on a high but have a bad november. Thought city would **** up this season too and that spurs would fight it out with arsenal for 4th with arsenal narrowly winning the top 4 battle.

Next season oscar would be more settled in england and you'll see his best(improved lately and has great technique but inconsistent) and hazard will be providing the goods week in week out and mata will be mata. In reality a striker and a DLP would surge us quite a few points and I've said this for a long time. Ramires and mikel while good at their roles are severely limited, with the former being the most limited. BBM's should have good passing ability and good dribbling ability however he's similar to park ji sung and darren fletcher.

I don't want an in form player like demba ba(let's face it he's got a good record but so does jermaine defoe), I want an experienced fairly big signing like soldado who would provide the goods from day one or a big signing like falcao to play every week with lukaku/ba as backups. In reality our team has the goods, the resources and the players to win the title.
    You said in your March report you wanted a marquee striker like Soldado or Falcoa, but you got none of them. ..so do you expect Torres and Demba Ba to win you the title? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Actually I don't think our problem has been to do with lacking players but more to do with being more organised. If you look how we played at the beginning of the 2nd half, it shows we are on the right track. The 3rd goal and the changes didnt help out momentum

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We still need another CDM and striker. Or the Super Cup could be a bit of an embarrassment.

Just hope Spurs don't get Di Maria or Morata too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    You said in your March report you wanted a marquee striker like Soldado or Falcoa, but you got none of them. ..so do you expect Torres and Demba Ba to win you the title? :rofl:

As opposed to Giroud or Sanogo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not sure you're seriously in for him, more like Mou mind games, Rooney is a inferior no9 compared to RVP and Hernandez and you have enough no10's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    :rofl: maybe they should have just handed the trophy to Chelsea in the first half of the season. NIce try:yy:
    You fool. We were so far ahead of Arsenal and Spurs in the first half that it was barely a struggle to get in the top 4 even with the failure of the 2nd half of the season. You have issues keeping up with your comments.

ReputationRep:
    shouldve had 2 penalties but we're not in the same place as madrid. We need a striker imo

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure you're seriously in for him, more like Mou mind games, Rooney is a inferior no9 compared to RVP and Hernandez and you have enough no10's.
    Compared to our strikers is what matters for Mourinho though. And he's certainly at least the 2nd best out of Ba, Lukaku and Nando.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get why people bother doing this kind of stuff, yeah you get a few pissed off responses but at the cost of looking like a complete idiot.

Wasn't expecting a win, Real's team is stacked, didn't do too badly overall though and I think once the season gets going we'll find our feet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkII)
    As opposed to Giroud or Sanogo?
    Suarez.

ReputationRep:
    I'd criticize mourinho over the performance. Tactically he got it wrong imo. Starting lampard was a mistake considering his lack of fitness, felt like we lacked a physical presence in midfield for the first half and it affected the team. Anyway the second half we switched to a 4-2-3-1 and we gave them more problems. Due to de bruynes movement helping hazard(who wasn't too good today) get space without being isolated.

Just feel that if we played 4-3-3 we should use powerful midfielders and just pack the midfield. Luiz and essien would have been the two I would have had in the 4-3-3 with van ginkel there for his athleticism. Oh well. It's only pre season, I didn't really expect us to win. At most a draw and penalties but they were clearly stronger than us.

I know, Carlo could take Real to another level, the defence has been pretty good as well. Interesting if this game causes you to show more urgency in the market.
    Yup. Damn the spanish super cup will be interesting this season. They were just too much for us. Just goes to show the difference between the prem and the spanish clubs.

ReputationRep:
    could've done with mata here mind.
    We lacked composure linking midfield and attack which Mata does well. Real have a slicker midfield (Modric and Ozil) and Ronaldo ultimately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    You fool. We were so far ahead of Arsenal and Spurs in the first half that it was barely a struggle to get in the top 4 even with the failure of the 2nd half of the season. You have issues keeping up with your comments.
    A half a season doesn't make a season, no matter how far up you are in the table. :rofl: How points were you behind united again? and by how many points ahead of Arsenal and Spurs? I would bet you 1000 that chelsea will not win the league or come 2nd or even third.

ReputationRep:
    Good comment jam. Also think we missed Mata though.

Really enjoyed watching Ronaldo though. Such an incredible player.

ReputationRep:
    We'll see. I think hernandez isn't who we need tbh. I still think we need someone who links up well and is able to get goals.
    If we had sturridge we'd be in a better position right now wrt strikers.

I don't think it's fair to judge lukaku in this game. Because we played 4-3-3 it left lukaku very isolated against a team like madrid it's a death wish. Our midfielders weren't doing their job well enough and looked off the pace(lampard and ramires) but a striker would be useful. I think that rotating the 3 we have now would be fine for the league though. I don't think we're good enough for the CL yet, give it 2 years and you'll see us toe to toe with the top teams like barca/madrid but not now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Another delusional chelsea fan. Seriously do you think Moyes will let Rooney go just like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    could've done with mata here mind.
    We lacked composure linking midfield and attack which Mata does well. Real have a slicker midfield (Modric and Ozil) and Ronaldo ultimately
    Reals play was mesmerising. Isco did well today as well. Just scary the depth they have now. If they work well together they will definitely be toe to toe with bayern and barca this season.

I think we need to win some games in the league, get a run and some confidence and we could beat these teams. But tbh I don't think our play is as good as the teams, so I'm thinking should we go hardworking players and park bus like we won the CL against these teams or just play the way we normally play with our current personnel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I'd criticize mourinho over the performance. Tactically he got it wrong imo. Starting lampard was a mistake considering his lack of fitness, felt like we lacked a physical presence in midfield for the first half and it affected the team. Anyway the second half we switched to a 4-2-3-1 and we gave them more problems. Due to de bruynes movement helping hazard(who wasn't too good today) get space without being isolated.

Just feel that if we played 4-3-3 we should use powerful midfielders and just pack the midfield. Luiz and essien would have been the two I would have had in the 4-3-3 with van ginkel there for his athleticism. Oh well. It's only pre season, I didn't really expect us to win. At most a draw and penalties but they were clearly stronger than us.

f
    Yup. Damn the spanish super cup will be interesting this season. They were just too much for us. Just goes to show the difference between the prem and the spanish clubs.
    This is what i don't understand and Chelsea fans do this all the time:sigh:. Chelsea is NOT a benchmark for how good the PREM is! Get that in your head!

Man united, City, Arsenal and Spurs could have played real today and won. Pretty sure the first two would have won this match, albeit with a bit of resistance as Real are a very good team, but not so good that they could win the PL.
    I know you love Chelsea, but please don't think they define the PL, because they do not !

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.