Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Dunno really, as far as I can tell he threw a wobbly because his old man was given the heave hoe when Redknapp was sacked and then made up a load of BS about being jeered when injured by WHU fans etc. Hard to tell, I'd say he acted like a **** personally saying he wanted WHU to get relegated etc after all they did for him and his dad. Rio, Joe Cole, Carrick still on excellent terms with their fans so says something about FL that he isnt.

****ed around with his ex-wife, kids apparently although I dont follow that kind of thing. Was also well known to be in and out of Romford knocking shops and giving it the whole ''do you know who I am?'' when he was still a snotty nosed teen. Of course this could all be BS but he had a bit of a reputation as a teen, making sex tapes as well etc.
    Maybe stop reading the tabloids. That all sounds the kind of crap that is printed in the Sun or Mirror with very little factual evidence for it all.

That last bit is utterly laughable as well.

And he offered explanations as to what his ex was doing when he called up that bloke on LBC-who incidentally got his sources from the tabloids. Besides Elen Rivas seems a bit pathetic to me. You hear nothing from here for years and then as soon as Lampard starts going out with Christine Bleakley she pipes up moaning about child maintenance etc. She just wants her 15 minutes of fame nothing else.

It's fair enough to hate him because he plays for your clubs rivals, but your better than stooping to ridiculously low levels of wumming. Making up BS that he used to make sex tapes when he was a teen is pretty low.

As far as I've seen said the only inexcusable thing he's done is taunting American's after 9/11-and he was reported to be drunk at the time. We all do stupid things when we're drunk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Lampard can do all of that too.
    Yes, he can.

But Gerrard was better than Lamps at some of those things. I personally think Gerrard had better crossing, pace and playmaking at his peak.

However, Lamps had better goalscoring ability, ball control and positional awareness and intelligence.

Though at the end of the day, we can both agree that Lamps has been a better player than Gerrard over his career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkII)
    And he offered explanations as to what his ex was doing when he called up that bloke on LBC-who incidentally got his sources from the tabloids.
    I remember listening to that. Lamps put that guy in his place. And my respect for Lamps went up hundred folds.

I think he's a top bloke and one of the most well-mannered and intelligent professionals in modern football.

Further cementing his place as a legend in my heart.

Of course, he won't be perfect since he's a human being like everyone else. But he deserves and has earned a lot of respect with the way he carries himself about and puts himself across when communicating.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Zurich is trolling, Lampard probably was a tit when he was a teenager. I was a tit as well, most of us on this website probably were when we were teenagers.

The sex tape thing is true, Rio Ferdinand was in it as well I think. I don't really see the problem with making a sex tape though, if some girl sucks him off and he films it what's wrong with that? My mate showed me a video once of him and his wife and he's a sound lad :confused:

I thought the way he handled his divorce was good, I think he offered his house to his wife and her mother, can't remember exactly but remember thinking it was pretty decent.

What's the story behind the 9/11 thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Dunno really, as far as I can tell he threw a wobbly because his old man was given the heave hoe when Redknapp was sacked and then made up a load of BS about being jeered when injured by WHU fans etc. Hard to tell, I'd say he acted like a **** personally saying he wanted WHU to get relegated etc after all they did for him and his dad. Rio, Joe Cole, Carrick still on excellent terms with their fans so says something about FL that he isnt.

****ed around with his ex-wife, kids apparently although I dont follow that kind of thing. Was also well known to be in and out of Romford knocking shops and giving it the whole ''do you know who I am?'' when he was still a snotty nosed teen. Of course this could all be BS but he had a bit of a reputation as a teen, making sex tapes as well etc.
    Well, as far as I know he was shown little tolerance by West Ham fans who believed that nepotism was the chief reason for his getting a place. I don't think it's 'BS' that he was never warmly received by the fans. I'm not sure you can draw that conclusion - Ferdinand and Cole, especially, were always great West Ham favourites throughout their time there.

I don't follow any of that so can't make an informed comment. However, I'd remain hugely skeptical of any of the gibberish that our tabloids and magazines like to spout.

He wouldn't be the first person to have behaved stupidly when he was a teenager, and as far as I know he's matured from his 2001 days to become an exemplary professional and team-mate.

ReputationRep:
    What's the story behind the 9/11 thing?
    It's not all that funny. To my knowledge, he was in Heathrow Airport making some extraordinarily crass remarks a day or two after 9/11. I have no defense for that - 'he was drunk' isn't an adequate defense - but I wouldn't like to think that that incident was symptomatic of Lampard as a person. He's not like Terry or Cole who have a history of being dreadful excuses for human beings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    It's not all that funny. To my knowledge, he was in Heathrow Airport making some extraordinarily crass remarks a day or two after 9/11. I have no defense for that - 'he was drunk' isn't an adequate defense - but I wouldn't like to think that that incident was symptomatic of Lampard as a person. He's not like Terry or Cole who have a history of being dreadful excuses for human beings.
    Or Ryan Giggs or Rooney for that matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Every pre-season people undermine Arsenal's chances of fourth, and every December Arsenal are supposedly 'out of the race', and every season Wenger and Arsenal get it together. Seventeen consecutive years isn't a fluke, and there's no reason to think that Arsenal won't finish fourth again.
    Tbh if we looked at the transfer window last season it was obvious arsenal would finish 4th tbh, tottenham had a new manager, lost 2 key players who still haven't been replaced with players of similar quality(dembele and sigurdsson aren't as good as modric and VDV) only an idiot would think that arsenal had a weaker squad overall than tottenham. At most tottenham had a better first 11 which is debatable.

Tottenham surprised everyone getting such a high points total(although I thought they'd narrowly miss 4th to arsenal tbh), especially when you had everyone saying AVB's a terrible manager and they'd had a shaky start to the season. It was only during december time when you had people saying arsenal won't get 4th.

This season however, depending on if arsenal get a striker/DM I'd say tottenham have a stronger squad. Soldado, bale, lennon, dembele, sandro and paulinho are stronger than arsenals equivalent tbh. They now have depth in the likes of holtby, chadli, capoue(if they get him) and defoe and the fringe players like ade, huddlestone and parker can surely help out. Personally I think tottenham are almost complete, a CB and a LB could see them genuinely challenge for the title. Which is disappointing the fact they sold caulker and didn't keep corluka.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    Rooney yes, but I couldn't give a damn if someone cheats on their wife like giggs did. Doesn't make them an indecent human being tbh. The nuclear family model's is media made anyway, annoying he cheated but nothing for people to get pitchforks over. The only thing I'm annoyed about Cole for doing is shooting our intern, bar that I think he's a decent(note decent) character.

Terry on the other hand...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Tbh if we looked at the transfer window last season it was obvious arsenal would finish 4th tbh, tottenham had a new manager, lost 2 key players who still haven't been replaced with players of similar quality(dembele and sigurdsson aren't as good as modric and VDV) only an idiot would think that arsenal had a weaker squad overall than tottenham. At most tottenham had a better first 11 which is debatable.

Tottenham surprised everyone getting such a high points total(although I thought they'd narrowly miss 4th to arsenal tbh), especially when you had everyone saying AVB's a terrible manager and they'd had a shaky start to the season. It was only during december time when you had people saying arsenal won't get 4th.

This season however, depending on if arsenal get a striker/DM I'd say tottenham have a stronger squad. Soldado, bale, lennon, dembele, sandro and paulinho are stronger than arsenals equivalent tbh. They now have depth in the likes of holtby, chadli, capoue(if they get him) and defoe and the fringe players like ade, huddlestone and parker can surely help out. Personally I think tottenham are almost complete, a CB and a LB could see them genuinely challenge for the title. Which is disappointing the fact they sold caulker and didn't keep corluka.
    The only reason why Tottenham have spent almost £50 million this transfer window is because Levy is expecting an irresistible offer for a certain player...

ReputationRep:
    Rooney yes, but I couldn't give a damn if someone cheats on their wife like giggs did. Doesn't make them an indecent human being tbh. The nuclear family model's is media made anyway, annoying he cheated but nothing for people to get pitchforks over. The only thing I'm annoyed about Cole for doing is shooting our intern, bar that I think he's a decent(note decent) character.

Have to say I disagree. Can't look at Giggs in the same way anymore. I admire what he's done at a player and he's been a fantastic player for United, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the same treatment or reputation as the likes of Rooney or Terry-who are more than prepared to cheat on their partners and lie and blag there way out of it.

And I do agree with Cole, his questionable moral decisions aside, I don't think people see enough of his personality. Probably because he doesn't do media interviews a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkII)
    Have to say I disagree. Can't look at Giggs in the same way anymore. I admire what he's done at a player and he's been a fantastic player for United, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the same treatment or reputation as the likes of Rooney or Terry-who are more than prepared to cheat on their partners and lie and blag there way out of it.

And I do agree with Cole, his questionable moral decisions aside, I don't think people see enough of his personality. Probably because he doesn't do media interviews a lot.
    I guess in not looking the same way, e.g. my mate cheated on his girl, I was disappointed but oh well just got on with it(probably because i saw him as a womanizer in the first place) but on the whole's he's a great guy, I'm not going to look down on him for one thing.

Although tbf with giggs if he just did it with any high maintenance hoe I wouldn't see why people should care, but that's flesh and blood he messed with which is kinda scummy.

ReputationRep:

Agreed, it's not ****ing Heat magazine.

However he didn't just cheat on his wife with some tart like a lot of footballers do, he had a full blown affair with his own brother's wife, which is absolutely disgraceful. How long did it go on for, I'm sure it was a few years? Rhodri should smash his face in.

Ryan Giggs is twice the ******** John Terry or Wayne Rooney is. Sad for United fans but true.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, it's not ****ing Heat magazine.

However he didn't just cheat on his wife with some tart like a lot of footballers do, he had a full blown affair with his own brother's wife, which is absolutely disgraceful. How long did it go on for, I'm sure it was a few years? Rhodri should smash his face in.

Ryan Giggs is twice the ******** John Terry or Wayne Rooney is. Sad for United fans but true.
    Tbf I did say that if it was just a hoe I wouldn't mind.
    In terms of that he's the worst in terms of cheating, but terry and rooney on and off the field are scumbags, the same can't be said for giggs. One chapter tainting an otherwise professional history. Still don't get what went over fergies mind to play him in the final. Probably wanted to prove his doubters wrong but it backfired immensely.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf I did say that if it was just a hoe I wouldn't mind.
    In terms of that he's the worst in terms of cheating, but terry and rooney on and off the field are scumbags, the same can't be said for giggs. One chapter tainting an otherwise professional history. Still don't get what went over fergies mind to play him in the final. Probably wanted to prove his doubters wrong but it backfired immensely.
    Yeah just saw mate sorry, need to start reading every post before getting excited and quoting people

Funny that Chelsea fans think Terry is a scumbag and all

ReputationRep:

Yes, sure - I don't disagree with anything you've said there, bar the bit about it only being December when people doubted Arsenal. Where I was it was a season-long thing. I think it gets closer every year - or seems to - but I don't think that Arsenal will be "bricking it". They have too much managerial experience and too many good players to become overly concerned. Arsenal spent last year without their best midfielder and with a spate of defensive injuries, while Tottenham relied on Bale to bail them out every single week for about six games in a row. Soldado might change that, but Arsenal's team will certainly be more balanced, I think. They probably don't have the same raw talent, but I don't think that there's that much difference between Lennon and Walcott, for example. And people maligned Giroud and Podolski but they did a decent job. Sure, they're useless when compared with Van Persie, but he really is an exceptionally talented forward. I think the others will pull out the necessary goals between them.

(Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    Sure. I mean, even Gerrard has had his controversies in the past and he's hardly an exemplary human being. But I was just looking at our squad.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed that Terry is a massive ****.

But speaking of legends like Lampard, I hope Mata becomes one. Think the board offered him a new contract recently, until 2019. Top guy he is -- on and off the pitch. Love the guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Agreed that Terry is a massive ****.

But speaking of legends like Lampard, I hope Mata becomes one. Think the board offered him a new contract recently, until 2019. Top guy he is -- on and off the pitch. Love the guy.
    If Mata stays I have no doubt he'll go down as one of our top players. Wonderful talent, and refreshingly uncontroversial.

ReputationRep:
    He reminds me of Zola so much

ReputationRep:
    You can just see how much the team suffers without him in the team. The thing is at times he doesn't look spectacular, but his influence on the pitch and his link up play is outstanding.

I remember him having a poor game vs united in the FA cup and jones completely marking him out of the game, yet he got given a small bit of space and did a lovely lofted pass to ba where he scored that wonderful goal. Great player. Like the fact that he gets a good goal tally too. If he was a bit faster he would be absolutely unplayable.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.