The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmperorMustard
There's this top striker called Bendtner for sale I've heard, you guys should have a word with your manager*

*it might work

Yeah I've heard that too. If his dad is anything to go by, he's the best striker in the world
Original post by The Assassin
Most of the comments on the SS website are quite discouraging -- one of them noting that the situation could be similar to when Shevchenko came here (which would be pretty annoying) / saying he's lost a lot of pace which would reduce his efficiency here in the PL, and others noting that he's that he's past it and does a lot mistakes that he shouldn't be doing.. Doesn't look like many are in favour lol but it's whatever I guess.

Not aware of who we could get in Italy / Spain who'd help us a lot?

I know he may have bitten ivanovic, but why don't we go for suarez honestly? Heck Ronaldo helped get Rooney sent off in 2006, yet for the next 3 years, they were a deadly combination for United.

I'm sure Ivanovic will forgive him plus Mourinho can knuckle him down
He'll cost 45 I'm guessing and he isn't on ridiculous wages
Reply 5202
Original post by 9MmBulletz
I know he may have bitten ivanovic, but why don't we go for suarez honestly? Heck Ronaldo helped get Rooney sent off in 2006, yet for the next 3 years, they were a deadly combination for United.

He'll be banned for a quarter of the season I'd rather use lukaku
Reply 5203
Original post by 9MmBulletz

Doubt Liverpool would sell for any less than ~£50m, in which case we might have well have just gone for Cavani who's just as good but with less baggage. Plus he just isn't the type of person you want around, regardless of the fact he bit one of our players. He's already banned for six games and will probably pick up a few more bans as the season progresses. I would happily bet that if he were to leave Liverpool for us/Arsenal, should a European CL club (particularly RM) come knocking in a few years he'll do exactly what he's doing now, crying to the press and being a general prick to try and force a move. No thanks.
(edited 10 years ago)
Agree with the comments above.

Wallace loaned out to Inter. Interested to see how well he'll fit into Mazzari's 3-5-2 system... (if he does decide to use it).
(edited 10 years ago)
What do you guys think the chances of Lukaku starting are? Don't know whether to put him in my Fantasy team or not.
Original post by charlie9872
What do you guys think the chances of Lukaku starting are? Don't know whether to put him in my Fantasy team or not.

I've put him on my fantasy team, I like to think he'll start :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5207
Original post by This Honest
I've put him on my fantasy team, I like to think he'll start :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too. :biggrin:

Has anyone created a league for people that come on here to join

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skkc16
Me too. :biggrin:

Has anyone created a league for people that come on here to join

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2405301
Only in the Chelsea thread can 19 hours pass without anyone saying anything...

Anyways, I hope Gary Cahill improves under Mourinho. He hasn't been good in pre-season and in the England match he was awful. Don't think we'll be able win the league with him being a part of our defence in his current form lol.
Reply 5211
We should use terry and luis or ivan
Only in the Chelsea thread can 19 hours pass without anyone saying anything...

Anyways, I hope Gary Cahill improves under Mourinho. He hasn't been good in pre-season and in the England match he was awful. Don't think we'll be able win the league with him being a part of our defence in his current form lol.

I can't see Mourinho starting him. Luiz and Ivanovic are both obviously better options and Azpilicueta did more than enough last year to give me confidence in him at right-back.
Reply 5213
Original post by KingMessi
I can't see Mourinho starting him. Luiz and Ivanovic are both obviously better options and Azpilicueta did more than enough last year to give me confidence in him at right-back.

Dunno he seemed to be the most favoured CB by Mourinho in pre-season to me. He seems to like the Cahill/Terry partnership or maybe that's just because Luiz wasn't there for most of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only in the Chelsea thread can 19 hours pass without anyone saying anything....

I go quiet during the preseason because I find Sky Sports News incredibly mind numbing and find their creativity in making non-stories where nothing happens, like David Moyes still working on transfer targets, to be deemed as breaking news a reason why I switch off during the pre-season. Good time to take up other activities I guess, unless you're a football only person.
Terry, Luiz or Ivanovic... which one is going to get the most PL starts this year?
Reply 5216
Ivanovic
Speculation has it that we may have given up on Wayne Rooney and are chasing Jackson Martinez

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/16/chelsea-eye-jackson-martinez-as-blues-ditch-plans-to-sign-wayne-rooney-3926796/

It's from the Metro however, although I'd put its reliability somewhere between The Sun/Daily Mail and The Guardian
That's exactly where I'd put it's reliability tbh.

Thought about him the other day - might be a good idea. 34 goals in 40 games for Porto is very good and he should be cheaper than Rooney, even if Porto are ***** with prices.

Still waiting on a CB rumour
(edited 10 years ago)
That's exactly where I'd put it's reliability tbh.

Thought about him the other day - might be a good idea. 34 goals in 40 games for Porto is very good and he should be cheaper than Rooney, even if Porto are ***** with prices.

Still waiting on a CB rumour

Porto will be a bitch to negotiate with but maybe you can do a double deal. Him and Mangela :tongue:

Would only cost like 60 million... :ahee:

I have put 30 pounds on you guys to win the league so do not fail me. :laugh:

Latest