Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only in the Chelsea thread can 19 hours pass without anyone saying anything...

Anyways, I hope Gary Cahill improves under Mourinho. He hasn't been good in pre-season and in the England match he was awful. Don't think we'll be able win the league with him being a part of our defence in his current form lol.

ReputationRep:
    We should use terry and luis or ivan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Only in the Chelsea thread can 19 hours pass without anyone saying anything...

Anyways, I hope Gary Cahill improves under Mourinho. He hasn't been good in pre-season and in the England match he was awful. Don't think we'll be able win the league with him being a part of our defence in his current form lol.
    I can't see Mourinho starting him. Luiz and Ivanovic are both obviously better options and Azpilicueta did more than enough last year to give me confidence in him at right-back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    I can't see Mourinho starting him. Luiz and Ivanovic are both obviously better options and Azpilicueta did more than enough last year to give me confidence in him at right-back.
    Dunno he seemed to be the most favoured CB by Mourinho in pre-season to me. He seems to like the Cahill/Terry partnership or maybe that's just because Luiz wasn't there for most of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only in the Chelsea thread can 19 hours pass without anyone saying anything....
    I go quiet during the preseason because I find Sky Sports News incredibly mind numbing and find their creativity in making non-stories where nothing happens, like David Moyes still working on transfer targets, to be deemed as breaking news a reason why I switch off during the pre-season. Good time to take up other activities I guess, unless you're a football only person.

ReputationRep:
    Terry, Luiz or Ivanovic... which one is going to get the most PL starts this year?

ReputationRep:
    Ivanovic

ReputationRep:
    Speculation has it that we may have given up on Wayne Rooney and are chasing Jackson Martinez

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/16/chelse...ooney-3926796/

It's from the Metro however, although I'd put its reliability somewhere between The Sun/Daily Mail and The Guardian

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly where I'd put it's reliability tbh.

Thought about him the other day - might be a good idea. 34 goals in 40 games for Porto is very good and he should be cheaper than Rooney, even if Porto are ***** with prices.

Still waiting on a CB rumour

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly where I'd put it's reliability tbh.

Thought about him the other day - might be a good idea. 34 goals in 40 games for Porto is very good and he should be cheaper than Rooney, even if Porto are ***** with prices.

Still waiting on a CB rumour
    Porto will be a ***** to negotiate with but maybe you can do a double deal. Him and Mangela

Would only cost like 60 million... :ahee:

I have put 30 pounds on you guys to win the league so do not fail me. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Porto will be a ***** to negotiate with but maybe you can do a double deal. Him and Mangela

Would only cost like 60 million... :ahee:

I have put 30 pounds on you guys to win the league so do not fail me. :laugh:
    I was thinking exactly that haha. However we were after Mangala before, but then Porto wanted an absurd amount of around 40m! But I would certainly love to have him. We were also interested in another good french (and young) CB named Zouma but that rumour seemed to go away... If we could get a good CB + striker then we'd have a good chance of winning

Don't suppose Barca have had any luck in getting CBs either?

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking exactly that haha. However we were after Mangala before, but then Porto wanted an absurd amount of around 40m! But I would certainly love to have him. We were also interested in another good french (and young) CB named Zouma but that rumour seemed to go away... If we could get a good CB + striker then we'd have a good chance of winning

Don't suppose Barca have had any luck in getting CBs either?
    Mhmmm was 45 million pounds if I remember correctly... I've wanted Zouma and N'koulu for Barcelona but alas our hunt for a transfer is going the same way Manchester United's hunt for a CB is and Arsenals hunt for world class players :laugh:

Already think you've got the best chance but a Striker and CB would really reinforce that idea.

ReputationRep:
    Not long left now, then begins the heartache, the late nights, the twists and turns that is the football season. I'm sure my blood pressure rises during the season and calms for a couple months :lol:

Safe to say predictions can start, going for a nice and easy 2-0 Chelsea with Hazard and De Bruyne to score.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea 5 - 0 Hull City Tigers.

ReputationRep:
    mouuuuuuuuu

ReputationRep:
    It's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been away too long....too long.

ReputationRep:
    One word: Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal really flopped; I watched the second half and they were unlucky but they missed quite a few clear cut chances.
    Don't think they should start worrying yet though.
    Sagna fell really awkwardly (On his neck with his head bent toward his body), made me cringe every time they replayed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelani)
    Arsenal really flopped; I watched the second half and they were unlucky but they missed quite a few clear cut chances.
    Don't think they should start worrying yet though.
    Sagna fell really awkwardly (On his neck with his head bent toward his body), made me cringe every time they replayed it.
    We haven't kicked a ball and we're already ahead of them in the league. No wonder they haven't won a trophy in years

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.