Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Great double save.

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, when was the last time we lost our opening game?

ReputationRep:
    How is that not a pen? Anyway I'm ready for Lukaku

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Happy with the 3 points but would have loved a few more goals. GD makes a difference and the only reason Hull started to do better is because we were sitting back

ReputationRep:
    Solid win (even if this is Hull) but yes, I would've liked more goals. None of our strikers scoring as usual though . (C'mon Mourinho! Try your best to get one!).

ReputationRep:
    against a better side i would like MVG to have started, still blatantly obvious we need a striker!

ReputationRep:
    awesome, mourinho has come out and said they are trying everything to get a striker in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manty)
    awesome, mourinho has come out and said they are trying everything to get a striker in.
    Reckon we'll put in a serious bid for Rooney sometime before the United game in the hope that he does actually want to come and will request a transfer, at least in an attempt to unsettle them. Something in the ~£40m region as tbh the reported £23m and £25m bids we've made so far wouldn't be enough to lure him away from United even if they wanted him gone. Failing that we've been linked to Eto'o, although I'm not convinced he'll be much of an improvement on what we've got and would be on large wages, and Jackson Martinez who I haven't really seen play much, apparently he's got a £35m release clause. Is there really anyone else? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Ibrahimovic? Yilmaz?

Martinez would be very good as well though.

ReputationRep:
    we're rumoured to be making an " audacious bid " for Randamel Falcao apparently haha , although i really don't want him or anyone to come and let lukaku be our main striker

ReputationRep:
    Since when can you move twice in one window?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Since when can you move twice in one window?
    You can move as many times as you want in a window; though you can not play for 3 different clubs in one calendar year. That was why Lukaku didn't go on loan to Stoke the year we signed him - he had played for Anderlecht and Chelsea, thus couldn't play again.

ReputationRep:
    in my eyes ibra is the best out and out striker there is, the man is pure class, i would genuinely consider our chances to be improved ten fold if we signed him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billybo_h)
    You can move as many times as you want in a window; though you can not play for 3 different clubs in one calendar year. That was why Lukaku didn't go on loan to Stoke the year we signed him - he had played for Anderlecht and Chelsea, thus couldn't play again.
    So how on earth will Falcao be allowed to move to chelsea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    So how on earth will Falcao be allowed to move to chelsea?
    He could move, but he wouldn't be allowed to play. So I would take those rumours with a salt-shakers worth of salt rather than just a pinch. Seems like a load of hearsay rather than anything substantial.

Anyway, just been able to watch the highlights as I was out when the game was on. The first half looked incredible; the passing was fast and direct, some of the team play was great, and Oscar looked as effective as he does for Brazil. Really feel like he has the most natural talent out of any player in our squad.

ReputationRep:

KDB :adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnWise)

KDB :adore:
    His nutmeg assist for Oscar today was also pretty :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Ramires didn't have an utterly awful game either. Apparently De Rossi may be on the move again as well, if we get him, regardless of whether we get another striker, then we really can compete for the league imo. And if we got him I'd be slightly more optimistic for the Supercup too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    His nutmeg assist for Oscar today was also pretty :coma:
    Two words:

First. Class.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we have a striker issue tbh. If Falcao had come on in the 75th minute like Lukaku he wouldn't have scored either with the way we were playing at that point. If Lukaku had started I'm sure he'd have scored, I say stick with him

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.