Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Lukaku should start tbh in less than 1min he made a good opportunity for Schurlle to score and his direct threat is better than torres running into a wall of defenders while Hull are rubbish they're going to put their guys behind the ball and torres has to get past a wall of defenders which ain't his style

ReputationRep:
    Anyway I think terry should partner ivan for this game and we play on the counter deep line defending as van persie will find gaps otherwise and a high line against united is suicide with welbeck kagawa nani antonio. I believe we would get a 1-1 draw though tbh and we should play 1 of schurlle/moses then eden and mata for the threat on the counter. I feel the wingbacks are united weakest point defensively so a winger who is likely to go out wide like moses and work hard defending will be good for us and we get eden on the touchline. Lukaku will hold up the ball and with his pace will hit the team on the counter too

Same old Mourinho, same old Chelsea. What an utterly boring game that was yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    Same old Mourinho, same old Chelsea. What an utterly boring game that was yesterday.
    You must be fun at parties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    Clean sheet more important than entertainment :lol:. At least we didn't defend all game and hoof it to drogba but I think we're trying to go and beat our clean sheet record :rofl: 1-0 ftw

ReputationRep:
    Tbfh you were playing Hull who I expect will finish 19th or 20th.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think they'll be 20th tbh while bad we did a lot of 2-0's in pre-season like this like against inter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    We should've been like 5-0 up at half time plus a blatant penalty denied in the second half. Created so much

ReputationRep:
    Once we went 2-0 after the first half an hour we let the game open up more. Hull didn't look like scoring, had we played with the same high intensity we did for the first half an hour for longer we could have scored more, but at the cost of tiring out our players, many of which had played an international midweek fixture and we've got Villa on Wednesday and United and Bayern next week. Makes far more sense to secure a comfortable 2-0 win than tire out your players on the first day of the season pushing for a large win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    We should've been like 5-0 up at half time plus a blatant penalty denied in the second half. Created so much
    It was a great performance but I'm just suggesting it be put into context..

When you do that against a side like Villa/Everton/Southampton/West Ham or away from home, then I'd be more excited about the attacking football etc.

Hull will make a lot of teams look like Barcelona this season..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Once we went 2-0 after the first half an hour we let the game open up more. Hull didn't look like scoring, had we played with the same high intensity we did for the first half an hour for longer we could have scored more, but at the cost of tiring out our players, many of which had played an international midweek fixture and we've got Villa on Wednesday and United and Bayern next week. Makes far more sense to secure a comfortable 2-0 win than tire out your players on the first day of the season pushing for a large win.
    Yeah thought so there's no point tiring out the players tbh as we got 3 games in 10 days like last season

(Original post by jam277)
    Clean sheet more important than entertainment :lol:. At least we didn't defend all game and hoof it to drogba but I think we're trying to go and beat our clean sheet record :rofl: 1-0 ftw
    From the FF point of view yes But in terms of actuality, would take a 4-1 over a 2-0 any day of the week. And let's be fair, we never used to play 'hoof to Drogba' against the relegation fodder!

Yeah thought so there's no point tiring out the players tbh as we got 3 games in 10 days like last season
    Tbf I don't think we're going to struggle with that like we did last season. At least we now have good quality cover for our 3 main forwards (Schurrle & De Bruyne) and Van Ginkel looks like a good addition in the centre too. Still feel we are perhaps one light at the back, though.

Absolutely. Can't wait for them to go back down.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody slightly worried about spurs this season? I know we should be looking at the title. But if the signings mentioned are true(lamela, coentrao and willian) then we might be looking over our shoulders a bit more this season. I watched spurs against palace and the problem with the team was a lack of cutting edge behind the striker lennon one dimensional and poor crossing and same went for chadli on the left/centre. Their DM's were solid and defence were slightly shaky near the end when holding for the win but generally they were fine. But I feel that there's now this balance and depth within the team if they get those signings...

Bar that rant. I still think we will either win the title or be less than 10 points away.

It was a great performance but I'm just suggesting it be put into context..

When you do that against a side like Villa/Everton/Southampton/West Ham or away from home, then I'd be more excited about the attacking football etc.

Hull will make a lot of teams look like Barcelona this season..
    We did do it to villa last season but I generally agree with your point. I think we will be able to do so. We put our foot off the gas and only played at our best for 20 mins without our best player on the pitch either. The rest we played at 50% tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I was thinking the same thing reading all these posts about Lamela, Willian etc. on the other threads. They lacked cutting edge because Bale wasn't there but with those signings + time to gel they'd do a lot better.

We would still have a stronger XI overall but they'd be much closer to us than last season. I do think they will have good depth now with their attack/midfield though -- rivaling Arsenal's even tbh so it's going to be a lot more difficult for Arsenal to secure a top 4 spot this season. Still think the lack defence but it'd improve. edit: Forgot about Arsenal's injuries actually - that's gonna put Spurs at an advantage.

We haven't finished our transfers though so I'll wait and see. I do hope this isn't it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Yes I was thinking the same thing reading all these posts about Lamela, Willian etc. on the other threads. They lacked cutting edge because Bale wasn't there but with those signings + time to gel they'd do a lot better.

We would still have a stronger XI overall but they'd be much closer to us than last season. I do think they will have good depth now with their attack/midfield though -- rivaling Arsenal's even tbh so it's going to be a lot more difficult for Arsenal to secure a top 4 spot this season. Still think the lack defence but it'd improve. edit: Forgot about Arsenal's injuries actually - that's gonna put Spurs at an advantage.

We haven't finished our transfers though so I'll wait and see. I do hope this isn't it though.
    I just want a CB tbh and we're done. Big name striker would put us in running for CL but for the league 3 strikers who can get double figures as our midfield gets double figures too would be enough. Plus we can just hoof to drogba lukaku in CL games and hope for the best

ReputationRep:
    You haven't even been banned?

The TSR mods are a disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    I just want a CB tbh and we're done. Big name striker would put us in running for CL but for the league 3 strikers who can get double figures as our midfield gets double figures too would be enough. Plus we can just hoof to drogba lukaku in CL games and hope for the best
    Hehe

Yeah you're right actually. Wouldn't mind shelling out a large amount of money for a good CB (and then maybe shift Luiz to DM where he'd possibly function better).

Really want Mangala but Porto would just be trolling us. They'd find a replacement who's just as good for 7 or 8m probably . Same if we were to go for their striker (Martinez).

ReputationRep:
    Hehe

Yeah you're right actually. Wouldn't mind shelling out a large amount of money for a good CB (and then maybe shift Luiz to DM where he'd possibly function better).

Really want Mangala but Porto would just be trolling us. They'd find a replacement who's just as good for 7 or 8m probably . Same if we were to go for their striker (Martinez).
    Porto basically own all of Portugal haha once they lose someone they just replace him with an up and coming youngster from the worse teams in the league.

Gotta say Terry looked very good, not sure why people are saying its only 2-0. If You lot had gone and won 5-0 people would have just dismissed it as it being Hull. Clearly were better then them and took the foot off the gas after you were two up. Tougher games lie ahead so why waste energy :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Hehe

I don't see the point of getting Martinez tbh lukaku is probably better and proven in the prem at the very least. I'd put luiz as a spare CB if we get a new player or to rotate as a utitlity player. Think we need a young CB for the longevity...

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or can under 18s only buy tickets for the East End?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 11, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.